navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Thanks
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Thanks Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Cloud 9
since 2004-11-05
Posts 980
Ca

0 posted 2005-03-04 07:17 PM

I just want to take some time out to say thank you to everyone. I am still quite new and getting my stuff out there little by little with what I have been going through.

Point is....I appreciate everyone and their support. The poems I have read and learned from to keep me strong and know that I DO need to walk away and that no matter what....he is not going to change not for me or anyone.

Again, thanks everyone. I see how close everyone here is and I am hoping to know you all better.

Sami

© Copyright 2005 Sami - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2005-03-04 07:32 PM

Sami, there is a lot to be said about truth, fiction, and the lines inbetween. A lot of us write from truth; a few of us delve into fantasy; the way we imagine things for others; the way we would wish our lives to be.

That is what we feel. That is what we wish. I personally am very glad that you are finding a home here, knowing as you do that writing is a parlay into opening your mind and heart into what is important: finding yourself.

I have recently taken to private journaling. I vent and/or explore places I do not normally go in public. It is quite revealing, even unto myself. I would, if I may, suggest you pick up several books on writing by Julia Cameron. She recently came under my venue as someone to read, study, and know that we do what we do [writing] because it is inherently there...and shows us all a way to validate ourselves; to understand WHY we do what we do, and better yet, understand why OTHERS do not comprehend our ways.

Of course, dear, that is just a suggestion. But currently the books of JC's that I have on my desk are The Right to Write; The Artist's Way; and The Vein of Gold. There are several others....

and you would be surprised what these books have to offer.

Write On!

Sunshine

Cloud 9
since 2004-11-05
Posts 980
Ca
2 posted 2005-03-08 03:38 PM

Sunshine-
Thanks for the support. I will look for that book this weekend. Have a great day.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Thanks

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary