navwin » Discussion » Feelings » I need help on this!!! PLEASE PLEAS PLEASE READ!!!!
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic I need help on this!!! PLEASE PLEAS PLEASE READ!!!! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
kissa~rachelle
since 2003-11-27
Posts 988
nowhere special

0 posted 2004-09-18 12:31 PM

Okay, i have a question, and i need answers quick! Please...

What do you think a "different kind of hero" would be?

I dont mean a fireman, or a police officer, or a mom, i need something original and different from different people. I am going to put your opinions in it, along with myne.

Please reply to this. It doesnt have to be long, it can be two words, just as long as you say what you think a different hero is. It doesnt have to be something amazing or anything. So please please please reply!!!

Karissa

I ask why, but in my mind,
I find i cant really rely on myself.
~~~Linkin Park~~~

© Copyright 2004 Karissa - All Rights Reserved
gemjop
Member Elite
since 2002-11-18
Posts 2587
Pencilveinia, USA
1 posted 2004-09-18 03:33 PM

What about being your own hero? saving yourself. I'm not entirely sure what you're asking for, but I hope this helps, good luck! x
SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
2 posted 2004-09-18 03:55 PM

a child could be a hero...
some kids I know, I consider them heroes for the things they have to deal with in their lives..

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
3 posted 2004-09-18 05:14 PM

A man in prison who donates his time training seeing eye dogs.
Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
4 posted 2004-09-18 05:21 PM

A teacher who assigns projects like this.
vampiana
since 2004-09-08
Posts 296
Nothing and Nowhere
5 posted 2004-09-18 05:42 PM

yeah..certain children are definitely heroes. poetdevine-how could any man in prison be a hero? think about why he's in prison....

Tomorrow, is the today we feared yesterday.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
6 posted 2004-09-18 06:26 PM

PdV...good observation.  People can change, and people go to jail/incarceration for "white collar crimes"...not necessarily anything evil.  I can think of a particular woman in question...

But to answer your question, Karissa [I like your name!]...a hero, to me, is one who puts themselves out to a point where they change others' lives.

A certain website wizard comes to mind...

but that would be two names...

I know I considered several of my teachers "heroes" for the main fact that anyone who only has one child but willingly takes on 30 more on a daily basis [weekends never seemed to be "off"...they were either correcting homework or helping students with extracurricular activities...] yes, they are heroes.

People you work for, who say you work "with" them....they can be heroes, especially if they give you room and reason to expand your self.

A person who leads a nation...he or she can be a hero.

A person who fights their own insecurities...they can be a hero to others...as well as an inspiration...

and I agree with some of the others above who said "a child can be a hero..." considering what most kids have to go through today...

So...let us know how your project turns out, ok?

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
7 posted 2004-09-18 08:28 PM

I watched a show about those men who train those dogs while in prison....it was wonderful that they were able to give back in such a helpful, needed way. I cried watching that...I saw how much they came to love the dogs they were training, and how hard it was, to let them go. I understand they did things wrong, and that is why they are in jail in the first place, but come on, they have hearts still. Poet DV that is a perfect one for an unususal hero...
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
8 posted 2004-09-18 09:24 PM

Animals?  Seeing eye dogs, for one instance, and with their accute senses they often warn people of pending disaster such as fire, flood, hurricanes, etc.

The most incredible hero to me would be a humble one.

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
9 posted 2004-09-18 10:47 PM

Adding to what Mysteria and others have said, this is my take on heros:
some heros are the ones who go to work everyday, come home, take care of children and/or parents and animals, find time to create and share a meal with friends and loved ones, help with homework or a special project, help someone in need...and never ask for recognition or rewards

or the school buddy who is there with a hug for you when you're feeling really, really bad, knows when to talk, and when to simply listen  

yep, those are the real heros

GG
Member Elite
since 2002-12-03
Posts 3532
Lost in thought
10 posted 2004-09-20 01:15 AM

You can even take it further... a hero can be something you read that stuck in your head and saved you from a choice you were going to make. You may not even know the name of the person who wrote it, but that article, or poem, or book, or quote, or even a song can be your hero.

An animal could be your hero... even apart from a dog or a horse. Maybe just watching the way an ant carried so much weight for the final purpose of helping it's colony was an inspiration to you; a hero.

Maybe a tragedy is a hero. Maybe you'd never be as strong as you are if you hadn't gone through the pain you went through, so a death, or an accident, or being in debt, or falling down is actually a hero to you. Its something that made you the person you are.

Good luck!
Always, Alyssa

*Alli4000*
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2004-03-21
Posts 3188
The World of Poetry
11 posted 2004-09-20 01:21 AM

quote:
Or the school buddy who is there with a hug for you when you're feeling really, really bad, knows when to talk, and when to simply listen

I agree with Midnitesun. Some of my best friends are my heros, just for listening and being there when I have a problem.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of my best friends has a heart problem and when she was born, the doctors thought that she wouldn't survive.  She has to have surgery very so often, which makes it so she can't do all of the same things that I can.  Watching her having to go through so much at such a young age makes her my hero.  I wish I would have her courage and optimism.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let me know how your project comes out ok?  

~Alli~

*:.AIM = Alli4000.:*
Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened...

Michael
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-13
Posts 7666
California
12 posted 2004-09-20 01:44 AM

A certain kid I knew, though not personally, in seventh grade comes to mind.  He wore a "Jesus is Love" t-shirt that he had made himself to school one day and most of the class rode him into the ground about it -- some of us just sat silently and watched but no one at all took up for the poor kid.

He wore the same shirt again at least once a week for the duration of the year it seemed.  He was never hostile about it, never even spoke much unless spoken to first and was always friendly when he did choose to speak.

This guy was a hero to me.  Not only was he willing to stand up for what he believed in -- but he did so in a manner that proved he lived by those values as well; something not many adults I've known have ever been able to do.

littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
13 posted 2004-09-20 04:04 PM

We are all heroes in one way or another . . . I tend to think of a hero as someone I have looked up to that has made a lasting POSITIVE impression on my life and myself.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » I need help on this!!! PLEASE PLEAS PLEASE READ!!!!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary