navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Advice?
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Advice? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
exhale
since 2003-06-13
Posts 646
Alberta,Canada

0 posted 2004-08-19 07:42 PM

hello.
i think i'm new to this discussion group you've got going on here.
the only way i've ever been able to express myself was through my poetry,and half the time people never understood what i was trying to scream to them.
i'm 15 and although i need help,you don't have to feel obligated to help,does that make sense?
either way i'm here posting more for the feeling of letting it out,being able to say something straightforward,without my poetry to hide behind...which is normally the case.
i'm feeling extremly used lately,and you wonderful people may not care so much,seeing as you don't really know me,but i just need to speak..not nessicarily be heard.
i'm probably the biggest welcome matt you've ever met..i'll give up my happiness any day if someone else can be happy for just a little while.
it's getting to the point where people do it automaticly now..and i'm not even brought into the situation really anymore..i know one of these days i'll end up screaming at someone i care about and loose alot of friends,and i'd like to stop that before it happens.
so any advice you have would be just dandy.
thanks,hope i didn't take up too much of your time.

© Copyright 2004 Chelsea - All Rights Reserved
kissa~rachelle
since 2003-11-27
Posts 988
nowhere special
1 posted 2004-08-19 10:01 PM

hey, i used to be like that, and i felt really alone, sort of like i do right now, for close to the same reason....I dont really know waht to tell you, maybe telling them how you feel would help, but i am not the worlds best person to talk to about that sort of thing....i am not to good at sharing my feelings. If you ever wanna talk though, i will be here, i am good at listening.

Karissa

I want a relationship i can finally sink my teeth into.~ Alexander Sterling

spritrider87
since 2003-05-31
Posts 294
NH
2 posted 2004-08-21 03:37 PM

exhale i am the same way. or was. i'm not sure i totally stopped. but after being hurt so many times by people i just said they dont deserve you. and i hide behind my poetry too. i dont know what to say that would ba any help. but befor i try rearanging my day to mack someone happy i sit and ask myself. will they apreciate it and me if i do. are they just using me for the moment. will they ignore me after i do this. and if i find most of my answers are negitive i usually dont do it. though sometimes i cant help it and then....well you know the drill. so yeah thats all i have. later

lost and afraid i am calling out to you light angel.

[This message has been edited by Ron (08-23-2004 12:47 AM).]

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

3 posted 2004-09-05 03:13 PM

You deserve happiness as much as the next person. Maybe both of us will belive that someday.

Oh, make me Thine forever
And should I fainting be
Lord, let me never ever
Outlive my love for Thee

sim0riah
since 2004-09-07
Posts 253
Wyoming USA
4 posted 2004-09-10 02:14 PM

Open lines of communication is key to any type of relationship..You should be able to speak your mind and pour out your feelings..If someone doesn't listen or want to hear it then you know where you stand with them..It will do nothing but show you who your true friends are and who is just along for the ride...A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere...Also My friend is he who will tell me my faults in private.
Hope this helps

Simoriah

Only at night you can see the depth of the sun

Sim0riah

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
5 posted 2004-09-10 04:36 PM

And sometimes, you just have to do for yourself. Sure, others may call that selfish, while they cater to their own wants and needs, but that's their problem, not yours.
SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
6 posted 2004-09-10 06:15 PM

it's really one step at a time...the first is saying no when you mean no. Not Yes, when what you mean is   I'd rather not but if it will make you happy, make you like me then, ok.

Definately start doing the things that make you happy first. If they are true friends, they will get it, if they aren't, well then that is step two...tell them see ya!

I hope you at least try...I do know how hard it is...I have a "need to please" thing too...I am working on it

exhale
since 2003-06-13
Posts 646
Alberta,Canada
7 posted 2004-09-13 08:55 PM

you guys are all amazing,thank you for all you're wonderful advice,i took it all to heart. right now i'm trying my hardest to follow this advice and even though it is hard,i'm still trying.
thank you again a thousand times over,you wonderful people rock.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Advice?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary