navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Roommates
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Roommates Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Tequilia_Sunrise
since 2003-02-19
Posts 612
Lochalsh, Ontario, Canada

0 posted 2004-07-05 02:02 AM

meh this is just going to be a rant!  i have just recently finished college and decided to move out of my parents house.  well my best friend of ten years was looking for a roommate ( i know bad news) well lolwe live together now and im started not to like it at all.  she walks all over me, she talks down to me when other people are around and is always screaming and stomping around. its hard to tell her how i fell because she cuts me off all the time. i tried to write a letter to her but she riped it up and said lets talk insted. she is gone on holidays and this has been the best week of my life without her around. i dont know what to do we signed a one year lease and i dont want to ruin our freindship. i love her but i think i might snap and just freak on her soon, she is so high strung and freaks all the time not usualy at me but i dont like the feeling of being around someone who is angry all the time, makes me uncomfortable so i just hid in my room. i guess ill just have to deal with it for a year but im afraid i wont make it that long with out ringing her neck. sorry about my rant i know knowone can help me and i know everyone will say you should never live with a friend. but itwould be lonely to live alone and i dont want to live with a stranger i guess this is pointless...........  sorry for wasteing web space

© Copyright 2004 Amanda Seymour - All Rights Reserved
Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
1 posted 2004-07-05 04:52 AM

i love her but i think i might snap and just freak on her soon

Well unless you can honestly tell her how you feel what kind of friendship is it? Doesn't sound too healthy now, especially if she's dominating you(not the good way) and ripping up something you've written. Definitely time to speak up, to salvage the friendship or take charge and teach her a lesson.

Tequilia_Sunrise
since 2003-02-19
Posts 612
2 posted 2004-07-05 05:10 AM

i know its sick, im too pasive...........  i cant help it
Aenimal
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-18
Posts 7350
the ass-end of space
3 posted 2004-07-05 01:48 PM

I know, easier said than done. But for your own sanity a line has to be drawn. Hope you do, I hate to see people bullied or taken advantage of.
Jeffrey Carter
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-04-08
Posts 2367
State of constant confusion!
4 posted 2004-07-11 12:02 PM

Toe said you could come live with him ...

....as long as you can cook LOL

Sorry, I had to .... hope things work out for you soon.

Michelle_loves_Mike
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-12-20
Posts 1189
Pennsylvania
5 posted 2004-07-11 09:43 AM

Here are some ways,,,,well....to annoy a roomie,,,,,

1. Learn to levitate. While your roommate is looking away, float up out of your seat. When s/he turns to look, fall back down and grin.

2.Move you roommate's personal effects around. Start subtlely. Gradually work up to big things, and eventually glue everything s/he owns to the ceiling.

3. Spend all your money on Transformers. Play with them at night. If your roommate says anything, tell him/her with a straight face, "They're more than meets the eye."

4.Get a computer. Leave it on when you are not using it. Turn it off when you are.

5.Get a small, battery-operated clock which ticks very loudly. Put it in a briefcase and put the briefcase next to your roommate's bed.

.....................and finaly,,,

6. Smile. All the time.

I wish all could find the true happiness I have found,,in the eyes of Mike

Tequilia_Sunrise
since 2003-02-19
Posts 612
6 posted 2004-07-14 12:09 PM

i clean lol.........  shes back from vaction and i have tried to put my foot down but it doesnt seem to be working i guess she doesnt care to much.
Deb Lynne
since 1999-08-19
Posts 180
Where blue skies meet blue ocean
7 posted 2004-07-17 10:11 AM

I'm not sure if having 3 husbands is like having 1 roommate, but just kill her with kindness & if that doesn't work, ignore her.  Keep yourself sane.  Get out of the house, walk, find something you enjoy.  Keep praying!
SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
8 posted 2004-07-17 01:17 PM

It doesn't sound like she is much of a friend. I would just tell her that the two of you need to find someone that she would be comfortable with, taking over your part of the lease. I would first check with the folks you are renting from to see if that is an option for you. THEN bring it to her.I would also first see if you could move back home until you can find a better "friend" to room with. Good luck with that.

and the transformers thing, that was just funny.....

Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments
9 posted 2004-09-02 10:06 PM

I've had a similar experience...I roomed with my best friend for a year and a half at college.  We actually didn't start fighting until halfway through the year when she moved out on me (due to another opportunity).  I felt short changed and well, after all that went down, things have never been the same since.  Based on that, I say that you can't worry about the past anymore.  And if I were you, I'd try to salvage the relationship, even if that means breaking a lease and moving on.  Things will mend after a while, but with each passing day of stress and discontent, that makes the chance to mend less and less.  I hope this makes a little sense.  Good luck to you.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Roommates

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary