navwin » Discussion » Feelings » how
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic how Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Greeneyes
Deputy Moderator 50 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-09-09
Posts 9903
In Your Poetic Mind

0 posted 2004-06-29 12:45 PM

do you walk away from something knowing nothing is left .... but still knowing you have nothing to walk to?

There's a place I like to hide-open your mind to me-Visualise your dream- Record it in the present tense, I am smiling next to you, in silent lucidity

© Copyright 2004 Lauren~ - All Rights Reserved
muted
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2004-01-15
Posts 2949
Elapsing, Eclipsing, Evolving
1 posted 2004-06-29 02:56 AM

its much worse to stay in a situation that is unhealthy, a situation where there is "nothing left"...than it is to walk into the unknown with nothing to look forward to.
at least when you have nothing to look to, you can make your own path...and know that you can walk it your own way.

people stay with the "familiar" because it is more comfortable than the unknown.....but sometimes we must challenge ourselves to grow.

even though "freedom" is not a tangible thing doesnt make it "nothing"

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

2 posted 2004-06-29 03:19 AM

sometimes you just keep going because there's nothing else to do...

sigh?

Hugs

Susan Caldwell
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-12-27
Posts 8348
Florida
3 posted 2004-06-29 09:16 AM

My eye opener was when I realized the example I was setting for my children.

I realized I was sending the message that you had to stay no matter what and I thought oh my god what does that tell my daughter?  

And my boys...when they have to come into a room and tell their father to stop....

Well, that is when I knew the unknown was a better option.

And leaving was the best thing I ever did.

It's not easy, but oh so worth it.  

"cast me gently into the morning, for the night has been unkind"
~Sarah McLachlan~

Dark Stranger
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-19
Posts 13631
West Coast
4 posted 2004-06-29 09:47 AM

tomorrow is another rider
with knight suit on
and roses

looking for some green eyes
to admire his stallion

and some lady arms
to welcome his embrace

look fast for tomorrow my lady

your friend D

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
5 posted 2004-06-29 09:54 AM

How do you know there is nothing ahead?

It is only the fear of the unknown speaking.

You are better than that.

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
6 posted 2004-06-29 09:55 AM

Sweet Lady....
if nothing is left, then you have EVERYTHING to walk to...it's all there for you to discover...it's one step at a time....and that first step is always a loo loo

Not A Poet
Member Elite
since 1999-11-03
Posts 3885
Oklahoma, USA
7 posted 2004-06-29 12:00 PM

I'm quite sure there is something good ahead for you It just wouldn't be right otherwise.

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

8 posted 2004-06-29 02:40 PM

dont walk beautiful lady....

fly............

( thats what butterflies do...and you are.)

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
9 posted 2004-06-29 03:34 PM

You don't need a knight in shining armor.
You don't need someone to make you happy.
You don't need a stepping stone in front of you to take the right steps.

Once you're able to be happy being with just yourself, then you can look for someone else to share it. You are strong enough and smart enough to live without someone else.

Staying with something because you don't see anything else is the worst reason to stay and the best reason to leave, to find your happiness in yourself.

Jeffrey Carter
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-04-08
Posts 2367
State of constant confusion!
10 posted 2004-06-29 03:46 PM

AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! I know the feeling of walking away and not knowing what's ahead, but it is always better than what's left behind .... well, it has been for me anyway!
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
11 posted 2004-06-29 04:32 PM

One day my son asked me, "Why do stay together anyway?" and I had no answer that minute but I did when I thought about it later on.  I thought I could fix it or change it. I was proven wrong. There was nothing in that relationship for me, it was empty and always about him, so one day I just left - leaving behind the only man I truly ever loved in shock.  It finally became about what was right for me and my son, and not about him.  I had no home, no where to go, but I left, found an apartment, and very quickly a new life.  Today that feels like good skin to be in compared to the one I shed.  There is nothing worse than being in an empty relationship where you are alone in spirit.  So in answer to your question, you take a deep breath and do what feels good for you.
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

12 posted 2004-06-29 04:56 PM

I have no idea what your cirumstances are, but in my particular case, it's like one of those war movies. There's always a young idealistic soldier at odds with the older, less discriminating guy. (Usually played by Lee Marvin)

One day I (I'm the idealistic guy) woke up and the entire platoon was gone and it was just me and him (Lee Marvin) in the foxhole.

Alone. At the "Front." Hmmm. What to do?

*shaking my head but smiling*

Maybe I'll just stick around until the war is over--or? I could just write a screenplay while I wait. (But somehow I think that one's been already written. )

Hugs, Lauren.

All we are now is a result of our choices.

Do what is best for you.

(But mind you, it's real hard to find joy in a foxhole...)

Yer a lovely lady.

Greeneyes
Deputy Moderator 50 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-09-09
Posts 9903
In Your Poetic Mind
13 posted 2004-06-29 10:06 PM

I should have taken the 'path' a long time ago before all the battles became "war" but stayed believing love was a stronger emotion -- thank you for the support and the tender hearts....I have always, and will always, be touched by the friends and family here....

kindly~

There's a place I like to hide-open your mind to me-Visualise your dream- Record it in the present tense, I am smiling next to you, in silent lucidity

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
14 posted 2004-07-01 05:49 PM

If all else fails loking for men. go to china, the women to men ratio is 1 to 6. the odds are for us. Just kiding its a joke among my friends.  Actually You know what IF there is nothing left there is nothing left, you have two choices if you want change. One you can leave it behind you and start over, or two you can take what you can and grow on it. Develope on the good and throw away the bad. The first one works good if your single, because you just didn't work out, and heh, you are just looking for the guy you want to marry or have fun. If he doesn't forfill what you want find some one else. Tyhe second one works for marrages or a guy you think you could see your self with for the rest of you life. It basically means find the good things and incourage them and the bad things don't. Talking about the bad or counciling is the best.

Juju

sweet_cute_palestinian04
since 2004-04-11
Posts 418
Earth
15 posted 2004-07-01 11:32 PM

well ,,even though im way younger than you,,maybe ur daughter's age, well anywayz,,,i always feel the same way especially on this age,,, all i can tell you

Life always takes us to a journey of learning new things ,maybe this problem your having right now  is what god sended you to learn from .,,just walk with fate and face your problem ,fight it,,,you will live i promise,

with all my love and respect

hang in there ,,you are way stronger than that !!!!!!!!!

Fate is what controls the world so just let it go and I PROMISE YOU WILL MAKE IT!!!

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

16 posted 2004-07-07 11:16 AM

staying in an unhealthy situation, contaminates more...and causes all kinds of bad vibes to both....
But...walking into nothing is something, or can be...especially learning how to be by yourself and enjoying the company you keep.

One must first know themselves...love themselves, their goals, be content with your accomplishments and then look for your dreams which fill another persons eyes, he will be your match...and you will feel like your soul mates.  Love cultures and also compliments, and never stagnates or contaminates.  

My best to you, sending hugs.

noname
Unregistered
Posts 1

17 posted 2004-07-07 07:01 PM

you really need to explain yourself more!!!

Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL
18 posted 2004-07-07 09:15 PM

I don't believe we are ever walking towards "nothing". Sometimes we just need to walk a little further and longer before we get to what is next. The time in between lets us think, reflect, and learn about ourselves. I think that moving on (in any situation) should be done with passion and determination, but also with a balanced carefulness. I hope that makes sense. It is nearly impossible to do sometimes.

All of my impurities are right here on my sleeve. This is Me"---Faith Hill

Susan
Member Ascendant
since 2004-03-27
Posts 5104
walking the surreal
19 posted 2004-07-08 11:41 AM

You walk away from emptiness towards possibilities. You take a breath to realize that the future is yours for the making.  Truly, you do have the power, it is in the making of your choices.  Most of all, you find the truth of yourself hidden within and embrace it.  This takes work and searching, but the path itself will bring a new sense of purpose to your life.

Susan

Happiness isn't something that happens to you, it's created from within you.  Joy is a state of mind.

iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
20 posted 2004-07-18 02:10 AM

Without reading the other responses (which I will do later because this sounds like an interesting thread), I think it depends.  It depends on what the consequences will be and if there are others involved (like if you married and have children).  In a case like that.....I think you have to weigh the consequences that would befall innocents along with commitment.  If there is not a binding commitment and no one but you and the other involved will suffer....then a person has to follow their heart.  It takes a lot of self respect to leave a relationship without anything to go to.  But that is part of loving yourself and respecting yourself.  I'm probably going to make someone upset here by saying that people with children should stay together -- I want to make it clear, I think that should only happen if there is a peaceful situation -- it's really hard to know what's worse, sometimes, in a situation involving children (unless there is abuse and if there is, I think the best thing is to leave).  If you're single, then spread your wings and follow your heart.  Maybe, in so doing, the nothing will turn into something again.  If that doesn't happen, there's always tomorrow and more fish in the sea.  Best of luck, Lauren, with your difficult decision.  
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » how

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary