navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Dating the friends ex..a second time.
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Dating the friends ex..a second time. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
IndigoEve
since 2003-01-10
Posts 279
Etched in the illusion of time

0 posted 2003-08-20 04:46 PM

How would you deal with this? Two of my really good friends, Sammie and Lex, are fighting yet again. Firstly, Lex was dating Mike, who she broke up with a month ago. Sammie got dumped by Chris (Lex's first ex, who she dated previously) a bit ago and was miserable, etc. Mike can't let go of Lex, and he is constantly being clingy, and whining to her to take him back..and he whines to her friends (me included) as well, and gets all pissy. Pretty soon, Mike goes off to Europe for a month. Temporary peace.

When he comes back, he STILL isnt seemingly over Lex, and bitches to me about it, and is extremely ill-tempered. The only one left who will listen is Sammie, and Lex and I both believe she was only prolonging his own misery by pitying him. Turns out, Sammie starts to like him last week (when Mike came back from Europe) in the midst of comforting him and being a good friend. Last night she told him this, and he apparently likes her too now. He even got her this necklace thing while he was in Europe, while Lex still has his class ring..go figure.

Now I'm entrusted with this secret and can't tell Lex, but I do anyway. Lex tests Sammie and asks if they were going out, and Sammie lies to her. Now I have two friends who are at odds again..

Stupid life.

For saints have hands that pilgrims' hands do touch,
And palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss.--"Romeo and Juliet"

© Copyright 2003 Imbued - All Rights Reserved
Kaoru
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-06-07
Posts 3892
where the wild flowers grow
1 posted 2003-08-20 05:23 PM

Never
ever
date your friends ex.

That's a big lesson in the scene, or what have you.

Never date your friends ex, ever..it's sad, it's wrong..and you'll lose your friend..

and over a guy? Pft.

You should point that out to them both, friends should always come first in cases like this..

Toad
since 2002-06-16
Posts 161

2 posted 2003-08-20 05:32 PM

I think you should sign Mike up for the French Foreign Legion tell no one but Chris only if Sammie promises to sell the necklace and move to Sri Lanka to open a beetle farm and Lex agrees to donate a million pounds to the ‘save the whale fund’.

Life is stupid and there’s a fair chance that any replies you’re going to get on an Internet forum to questions like the one above will be just as stupid, though probably harder to spot than the one I gave.

I think that you should decide for yourself what to do, your decision stands as much chance of being as stupid as anyone else’s but at least it’ll be your own. Besides most of the people in here are busy making their own stupid mistakes why would you want them to influence yours too?

IndigoEve
since 2003-01-10
Posts 279
Etched in the illusion of time
3 posted 2003-08-20 10:43 PM

Oh it gets better..New development: Now I, who am supposed to love someone else who loves me, likes Mike. AND Lex strongly advised me NOT to tell sammie, but I already sent her an email. Here comes mediator Haley who is going to help, after my MSN name gives reason to Mike to IM me and ask about it. He now wants to know why it says " not fair not fair not fair! It's all HIS fault!!!! for being alive!!".

The saga continues.

For saints have hands that pilgrims' hands do touch,
And palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss.--"Romeo and Juliet"

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Dating the friends ex..a second time.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary