navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Just a thought
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Just a thought Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
IcyFlamez89
since 2003-02-14
Posts 292
Jersey City NJ

0 posted 2003-04-26 01:14 AM

When people think of death, fear is often one of the first things that come to mind. I'm no philosopher, far from it, but I think that people aren't truly that scared of death. Death, to me, is the long awaited rest from a hard trodden life. Death confuses me, but not really scares me. It is dying that grips me the most. Death takes but one form, it is dying has many, some quite peaceful...others more violent. I'm just 14 and am already tired of living. But dying scares me more than death, enuff to kee me waking up to my dumb life every morning. Are you guys afraid of death or dying? I suppose the same thing can be said bout life. Life is quite simple, but living is quite another story. Are there any other concepts like that? Pardons if my thoughts seem to wander or lack focus, I just thought about this a few minutes ago.
© Copyright 2003 George Salazar - All Rights Reserved
JP
since 1999-05-25
Posts 1343
Loomis, CA
1 posted 2003-04-26 02:11 AM

death, dying.  Neither scare me.  Pain does though...  I am neither intimidated nor wary of dying - it will happen for me pretty soon so why worry about it.

I just don't like pain, I do not want a long, painful, lingering illness that takes me away (damn, too late for that now, isn't it...)  Oh well, life has enough challenge and wonder, reward and punishment, to occupy my time. I'll leave the concerns of death to Thanatos.

Yesterday is ash, tomorrow is smoke; only today does the fire burn.
Nil Desperandum, Fata viem invenient

IcyFlamez89
since 2003-02-14
Posts 292
Jersey City NJ
2 posted 2003-04-26 02:34 AM

Pain....I used to be scared of that. But i've had so much of it that it dulls now. I've shed my last tear to pain long ago, and now it has become part of me. I'm cold because of it. A bit cruel n sum ob my classmates say Im downright evil. The only pain I haven't felt is the one you get after you have loved. And love is far from me so I dnt hafta worry about that. Pain loses its sting after a while. Soon you just get numb.
Irie
since 1999-12-01
Posts 1493
Washington State
3 posted 2003-05-06 04:24 PM

The only thing that really scares me about it is leaving my loved ones.......
And mostly my son.

And I am scared of burning to death ....  

~Sheri

"Don't wait for your ship to come in ...
Swim out to it"

[This message has been edited by Irie (05-06-2003 04:25 PM).]

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
4 posted 2003-05-06 06:55 PM

IcyFlame~

'The only pain I haven't felt is the one you get after you have loved.'

This thought from someone 14 years old is just brilliant !

Believe me when I say, that the joy of simply having 'loved' diminishes whatever pain may follow.  And ... sometimes it does happen to be very painful ... but time and reaching out to others helps to heal that pain.
It may never 'cease' entirely ... but, it lessens~

I wish for you to find 'love' when you are ready ... and will cast a double-wish for you to never know the loss of that love~

You've got some very deep thoughts ... and that's a good thing to be able to share with others~

Dying doesn't frighten me ...
but the thought of 'not living' does~
I want to 'live' everyday ... and when I can't do that with quality ... then I'm ready to cash it in~
Does that make sense to anyone besides me ?

*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

blackandwhitehorizon
since 2003-05-05
Posts 183
an akward state of mind
5 posted 2003-05-07 04:01 PM

It's funny, even before I read that last reply, I was going to say that... I believe it is not death that people dred, it is the absense of life... they know what they have now and are blind for the future... Uncertainty scares people sometimes... Not knowing what's going to happen... I also agree that many people are afraid of ways they may die and the pain of dying... I, myself, have a combination of fears...or maybe not fears, but curiousities... Questions I know no one can answer...
chasing rain
since 2001-05-15
Posts 737
Canada
6 posted 2003-05-07 09:39 PM

Pain only hurts when people are watching...

...and death itself is only feared when you are not alone...

-Leah
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Just a thought

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary