navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Hell
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Hell Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
sperarifraai
since 2003-03-06
Posts 65
Ireland

0 posted 2003-04-19 08:01 AM

I’ve seen hell and it was shopping centre nuclear families on a Sunday. They where all wearing familiar looking Jumpers, pushing 3 seater baby buggies, buying singles of the latest dull Robbie Williams lamentation, then taking the family PC to be fixed before going to TGIs for a 2 hour wait and then a highly over priced meal in an environment of horns, bells, balloons and disillusioned minimum wagers forced to pimp their own dignity for tips, before going to the UCI to check out the latest Sandra Bullock romantic comedy. Personally I think I prefer Orwell’s interpretation of the future. I mean what ever became of bringing the kids to the Zoo, or the park, or to a lesser extent if the weather is agreeable, the beach. Instead they usually end up in these little consumeristic centres that have been designed and scaped specifically for them to spend money. I mean what chance do they stand.

© Copyright 2003 Sperari Fraai - All Rights Reserved
Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
1 posted 2003-04-20 11:29 PM

The zoo, while fun and exciting, doesn't have any car chaces (unless you count those scooters that blaze along at 5 mph/11kph) and the beach doesn't have an explosion or murder every 5 minutes (although I have heard of the occasional sex scene). Playing football at the park requires parents to get involved, and make reasonable decisions, instead of leaving the family 10 year old at the rated R festival.
Oh, and I forgot... BORED games are completely inappropriate for today's families. I mean, never mind that we all played them as children, and we turned out to be normally screwed-up adults. We can't have that, now, can we?? Actual FAMILY time??? What would the world come to if the kids had to honestly use their imaginations instead of being over-stimulated, and having the world handed to them as rapidly as possible? I'll tell you what:
ANARCHY!!!!!!!!!
People would be able to think!!!!!!!!!!!!
We just can't have that, now, can we???

When the morning cries and you don't know why...

[This message has been edited by Ringo (04-20-2003 11:30 PM).]

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
2 posted 2003-04-21 02:30 PM

Our family loves board games, and make a time slot to play each week actually.  Twister is a hoot, and until you try that you have not lived.   But then again, we are a family that walks together, does the park, etc.  I watch moms with screaming kids in tow at shopping malls and I have to wonder why?  Why would they take kids shopping unless it is to get them shoes maybe?  Then they scream at them because they get impatient and misbehave - no logic in today's consumerism.  However, while I am rambling, my granddaughter and I LOVE to shop but have our shopping charted out before we go, as to get the maximum coverage out of the time alloted LOL, and we are wicked shoppers!

Those "one-stop" destinations for Saturday fathers really bother me, (you know the ones with pin ball, playrooms, etc.)  There is no quality time spent with kids at those destinations at all, and once again the kids occupy themselves with each other, and that is so very sad.  My son is a father himself and we still play on our Sunday walks (kidding around stuff), and I wouldn't trade that for anything in the world, except maybe a big rollercoaster ride

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
3 posted 2003-04-21 04:35 PM

I sure do understand this rant! The 'fun centers' are always overpriced and always ended up making me wish I'd stayed home!
Fortunately, my daughter got bored with most of them at an early age.
Now as a teen, she prefers art, music, and horseback riding, and says the
fun centers are a rip-off.
There is hope.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Hell

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary