navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Overlooked
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Overlooked Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
IcyFlamez89
since 2003-02-14
Posts 292
Jersey City NJ

0 posted 2003-04-08 09:16 PM

hm..lately I've been feelin so stressed out and neglected. Poetry helps bring some of those bottled feelings out, but writing makes me feel lonely, cuzz I know the only person really notices them is just me. Most of my poems are often overlooked, and usually I think my poems aren't good nuff. I suppose it a normal feelin, with so many great poets out here its not hard to be shadowed by someone else. I guess I have to take in many factors tho. I'm still a newbie here so I guess not a lot of ppl know me. Maybe I'm posting in the wrong places too I guess. I guess Im expecting too much. prolly I'll share it wid my frends first b4 i post them here, just to if my poems are up to par.

© Copyright 2003 George Salazar - All Rights Reserved
Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

1 posted 2003-04-08 10:43 PM

Please give the forums time...dont be discouraged and please dont assume your poetry isnt good based on replies...dont ever measure your poetry's worth by the number next to it...One of the best poets I ever read in here used to only get one or two replies because he never did many replies and no one came and discovered him.
Also right now the forums are overloaded with the book submission forum and all the voting and Open is heavily posted as well...none of us can keep up right now, and not to mention we all have a life and obligations off the computer. You are right too...part of it is because you are new...please be patient...it takes awhile to get noticed...the best thing you can do it try and read and reply to get your name out there where we see it and then we will make an effort to come find you too.
The more you put into both your poetry and participating, you will see the rewards...and reading others work will teach you so much and inspire you as well.
So add my belated welcome and I will see if I come across some of your work.
Nice to meet you Icyflame
jm

"and when we get to the pearly gates ...
we'll find what we called our sins were just mistakes."

Tom Kimmel

JP
since 1999-05-25
Posts 1343
Loomis, CA
2 posted 2003-04-09 02:54 AM

Hang in there.  Many poets here feel the same way from time to time and it is not a reflection of your ability as a poet. Heck, I'm the most talented poet I know and I hardly ever get noticed around here.

p.s. I'll go and check out your work, if you really suck I'll let you know...

Yesterday is ash, tomorrow is smoke; only today does the fire burn.
Nil Desperandum, Fata viem invenient

Wind
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-10-12
Posts 2981

3 posted 2003-04-09 04:28 PM

take a look at some of my old poems. Some of them only got 2 or 3 replies. But after a while, I got noticed a little more. But now I know that you just have to give it time. People will get to know you.

Never be normal!

Crazy Eddie
since 2002-09-14
Posts 178

4 posted 2003-04-09 05:19 PM

There are replies and then there are replies, it depends on what type you want, if you just want numbers then post lots of replies to other peoples posts in the open forum. If however you want an unbiased assessment of your work this method may create misleading results, posting poems and replying in the Critical Analysis forum would be a better method.

Then again you could just post poems infrequently, change your username every few months and be content that the two replies you get on every post are probably due to the fact that the person replying to your poem actually enjoyed reading it.

None of the above work in my case but that’s more due to a total lack of talent on my part than flawed methodology.

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

5 posted 2003-04-09 05:57 PM

None of the above work in my case but that’s more due to a total lack of talent on my part than flawed methodology
=============================

AHEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
( you were expecting me) right?
Scuse me POET EDDIE....but the moth disagrees
and has many times proven your "lack of talent" therory wrong....I will agree you need to rethink your methodology.
but heck...with cadence like yours ..I dont care if you can do the math.  

Dont dispute a moth in worship
I know this cute witch in Mardi-gras land that could put a hex on ya  

[This message has been edited by Janet Marie (04-09-2003 05:58 PM).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Overlooked

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary