navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Oh Man.. Where to start?
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Oh Man.. Where to start? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Ladycat
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 1999-07-05
Posts 782
At the edge and a doorway,TX

0 posted 2003-04-01 12:45 PM

I know that I haven't been around much and that is because I have been trying to deal with everything that has been going on lately.  A few of my friends have lost their minds and decided that sleeping pills are the way to go or they are trying something called Robo-trippin'.  I'm not sure what that is but all of it is slowly bringing me down.  On top of that my boyfriend is in attitude land lately. (male pms of sorts) My son which is 2 now is developing the worlds biggest attitude in the world. I think that it is because he knows that he is going to be three soon.  Skipped terrible two and is doing horrible threes thing. My bestfriend's father died on Friday.  He was like a father to me and I have had to talk to everyone who has wanted to call and give condolences. My birthday is on Wednesday and Friday is the memorial service.  Someone stop this train I wanna get off.  I feel like I'm in a hole.  Remind me what are the best things about this time of year again plz help me.

Love,
Ladycat

Dancing is the loftiest, the most moving, the most
beautiful of the arts, because it is no mere translation
or abstraction from life; IT IS LIFE I

© Copyright 2003 Vynette M. Charles-Brooks - All Rights Reserved
Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL
1 posted 2003-04-01 12:53 PM

A good thing?..is that you have friends here who will always be here when you want to vent.

another good thing...Spring

Sorry things aren't going so well right now, Lady. You are missed.

You could hurt me with your bare hands. You could hurt me using the sharp edge of what you say. JEWEL

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
2 posted 2003-04-01 07:16 AM

Hang in there, Yv... You know that you've seen many days of intense emotionalism - and come through smiling... You can still do that.  Just look at that little guy and smile at his "two-ish-ness"... As painful as it can be, it's pretty darned cute as well.  He'll bring you to smiles again...
Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
3 posted 2003-04-01 12:56 PM

I'm not gonna give you that same old, tired line about everything is going to be, and yada-yada-woof-woof... Right now, things suck, however, you have dealt with the some of the worst you are ever going to deal with (childbirth, and the first year... not to mention the pregnancy) and have made it out the other side clean. None of this other garbage can actually touch you.
As far as your boyfriend goes, he's a man, right??? We're all... uh... bodyparts on the lower, back end of the body. It's the way we're built. If it's not beer, sports, or sex, we aren't interested, and it tends to aggrevate us, right?? He'll get over it. Just give him PLENTY of space (like don't talk to him) and he'll get over it.
I can also promise you tht with a bit of love, understanding, and a great amount of firmness, kids eventually grow out of that stage (until they hit 13).
Keep writing, and I really do suspect you'll get the answers you need.

Imagine all the People living life in peace...
John Lennon

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
4 posted 2003-04-01 10:08 PM

Sometimes your plate just seems way too full. Listen to your favorite music, take a warm mineral bath after your little one is sound asleep. Pamper yourself once a month if you can't do it once a week.
I'm not going to say the old been-there etc stuff, because I've never spent a minute in your shoes. But I know that staring at the beauty of a blue sky, feeling the wind on my face, listening to birds singing...all these things comfort and somehow help me keep my feet grounded.
And for you, your little man/woman depends on you for stability and warmth. That's what will keep you on an even keel.
Email me anytime. I'm a pretty good listener.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

[This message has been edited by Midnitesun (04-01-2003 10:09 PM).]

Ladycat
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 1999-07-05
Posts 782
At the edge and a doorway,TX
5 posted 2003-04-01 11:56 PM

Thankyou very much I know that it will all blow over in time.  That is all we have now a days. I guess that since the birthday is tomarrow I felt a little overwhelmed. Thank you very much for all the advice.  I just know that it will have to get better than this.  As far as Rugrat goes he will grow up and be the loveable little him again.  The boyfriend situation: He is not into sports, he doesn't like beer and he is not a sex monger.  We talked about talking through everything that is causing us troubles and for this to go this way is just enough to drive me crazy, but I thank you all.

Love,
Ladycat

Dancing is the loftiest, the most moving, the most
beautiful of the arts, because it is no mere translation
or abstraction from life; IT IS LIFE I

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Oh Man.. Where to start?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary