navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Is this the right place?
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Is this the right place? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
sea_of_okc
since 1999-06-15
Posts 568
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

0 posted 2003-03-10 08:55 PM

Those who know me know I was around quite alot in Passions' early days having left then come back then left again. Recently returning I was stunned by the growth here. The open forum rolls so fast I can't possibly keep up but it seems the exact opposite has occured in the adult section. Have you ever seen a young child then not seen the same child again for a year or two? It's like you hardly recognize him/her as being the same child you once knew. That is how I am feeling about Passions. Used to be I knew most of the authors posting here now if I recognize 1 in 10 I'm lucky. Guess alot of that is my fault for being absent so long but even had I never left with limited amounts of time to dedicate to Passions I still think the flood of activity would have put me in about the same spot. Perhaps it is just my preference to avoid large crowds coming out but it just doesn't feel the same.

SIGH. Well enough crying over spilt milk huh? Everything evolves and you either keep up or get left behind. Perhaps I'll find the energy to run fast enough to catch up or maybe I will always remain in the dustcloud of Passion's history but either way the journey is it's own reward.

Peace and love to all my poetic friends.

Steve

© Copyright 2003 Steven Thomas Seaman - All Rights Reserved
Amara
since 2003-02-23
Posts 158
East of the moon, west of the sun.
1 posted 2003-03-10 09:10 PM

I know how you feel, really. Sometimes, things change too fast for my liking. But if you try, you'll catch up, eventually. Or die trying.
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 2003-03-10 09:39 PM

The Sanctuary is for members who don't like the fast moving Open Forum. The Pub is also slower. As for Adult? It's hard to keep it moving when no one replies there...
Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
3 posted 2003-03-10 11:12 PM

SEA, it's good to see your moniker around here again!! No, it's not the same. As with everything, things change with time. You were part of a small village which has now turned into a city...but it's still good to see ya. There are a few of us dinosaurs still around
JP
since 1999-05-25
Posts 1343
Loomis, CA
4 posted 2003-03-11 12:07 PM

Good to have you back SEA, looks like the time is ripe for returning poets

Yesterday is ash, tomorrow is smoke; only today does the fire burn.
Nil Desperandum, Fata viem invenient

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
5 posted 2003-03-11 12:15 PM

As long as we don't see a forum titled 'Old Folks Home' we'll be ok!!! LOL
Crazy Eddie
since 2002-09-14
Posts 178

6 posted 2003-03-11 05:57 PM

Hello Steve,

Some of us are still here but have changed our names but I know what you mean.

Craig

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
7 posted 2003-03-12 09:33 AM

I nearly fried the circuits in my brain trying to keep up before realizing it simply wasn't possible... not and have any hope of holding a full time job and catching a few winks of sleep. *G*

It wasn't an easy transition... I'm a country gal trapped into city living in real life... I didn't want that in my virtual life, too. *S* So I went through a phase of truly hating the bigger is better mentality for I missed the closeness and comraderie. But a lot of the new members are incredible poets and people... I can no longer imagine the place without them... and I've finally managed to switch off the part of me that whines miserably when I have to skip a lot of posts and pick and choose to fit my time limits. *G*

All that said, I understand. *S* A lot of the oldtimers have left... others of us have adapted (no matter how allergic we are to change! LOL) But it's sure good to see you back... I hope you'll stay! *S*

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
8 posted 2003-03-12 09:35 AM

And PDV... If there ever is an Old Folks Home forum, I've got dibs on the recliner next to the fireplace! LOL
KristieSue
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-01-31
Posts 1460
PA, US
9 posted 2003-03-12 09:46 AM

Hmmm...I know I hate change, and when I had a "home" of my own to place poetry, I hated when it changed, and even more when it was taken down.  

I'm a newbie here (about 2 mos now?) and hope to make this place a new home....

so welcome back and I hope I have the pleasure of getting to know you.

as for the adult forum...you write quite well LOL Keep it up!

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
10 posted 2003-03-12 10:32 AM

SOO...from one old dinosaur to another...welcome home to the tar pits!  LOL...

don't worry about it...swim, and you'll do just fine!

If I whisper, will you listen?...

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
11 posted 2003-03-14 07:29 AM

Hey there...

I, for one, was VERY pleased to see you resurface, Steve... and by all means - Meander into the slower paced forums.  You'll find a familiar old comfy feeling there...

Irie
since 1999-12-01
Posts 1493
Washington State
12 posted 2003-04-08 06:17 PM

Welcome back fine poet!
It seems it's been sometime for both of us!
Good to see you, and I hope we can both stay a while!

~Sheri

"Don't wait for your ship to come in ...
Swim out to it"

morefiah
since 2003-03-26
Posts 150
Spanish Town, Jamaica
13 posted 2003-04-09 04:54 PM

Steve, another new-kid-on-the block here... I understand your feelings about Passions... I guess it is a little like watching your children grow up and leaving home. You long for the days when they depended on you for everything... nostalgia, I guess.

Anywayz, those of us who are new to Passions should be eternally grateful for those of you who were around during it's formative stage. I know I am. I cannot wait to log on each day. It really is a little like coming home. I probably will never meet most of the people here, but I am beginning to feel like I know them... And I just joined LAST month!!

So thanks to you for being there in the beginning. Welcome back, and please see if you could find it in you to stay. You may not know it, but the site needs all of us just as much as (I'm sure) we all need it.

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
14 posted 2003-04-19 01:17 AM

Hi and welcome back I guess I am kind of new about three years now and I too have seen Ron's world grow in leaps and bounds.  It is amazing to click the little icon at the bottom of the page and see just how many hits this site gets in a day.  It is fun though, many forums, and now they added mature content for the "grown-ups" and when I grow up I will go there   Welcome back and I am now going to catch up on your writing.  Glad you came back.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Is this the right place?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary