navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Oh the teenage years I hate.
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Oh the teenage years I hate. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Connel
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2002-11-04
Posts 736
Florida, USA

0 posted 2003-02-17 10:47 PM

My god.. Im always mad with my parents. ALWAYS. I mean, we have fun, we laugh. But now its constant. Fights braking out every second. Mostly with my dad. I Just get so fustrated sometimes that I go buserk. I say things that later I wish I wouldnt have. Its just really getting too hard to deal with. And I seen it happen billion times with my brothers in my younger years. But still, I do not know how to deal with it. Thats why im asking my friends here, How can I deal with this constent stress?

BTW.
When I sit down here, and write poetry, or talk to you guys, I start feeling much better. But then I am always being yelled at for being on the computer.. So no matter what, Im getting yelled at. I try my best to get along with them, but I just cant. I thank you my friends, for reading, and trieing to help me with my problems.

Anyone can write, But only poets can capture the heart.

© Copyright 2003 Chris DeVore - All Rights Reserved
Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
1 posted 2003-02-18 03:01 AM

Things like this are gonna happen. If i could go back I would, but of course I cant. Think before u say what u say. It make take a minute but its a little bit longer before u make someone feel bad for what they did or what they said or what u said or did.

~if you want something very badly set it free, if it comes back to you its yours forever, if it doesnt it was never yours to begin with~

Connel
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2002-11-04
Posts 736
Florida, USA
2 posted 2003-02-18 11:20 AM

Yeah but... I mean, when someone makes you mad, it would be very hard to do that.. Maybe If I write a letter for my parents, as I did here, or even a poem. They just might leave me be some.. lol.. What do you think?

Anyone can write, But only poets can capture the heart.

Greeneyes
Deputy Moderator 50 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-09-09
Posts 9903
In Your Poetic Mind
3 posted 2003-02-19 12:55 PM

Connel,

Hi....What are you "fighting" about??  I found when I was your age, many moons ago, that if I replied with a soft tone it ended right there, for either side....there cant be a fight, if the parties arent yelling--make sense?? and try this, step back when your parent make you mad, leave the room or what ever you need to do, to "cool" down, then when both parties have had a chance to think, go back and discuss the problem, with out yelling, or throwing words out you dont mean.....just from placing this here, it shows you have a good heart....we all "fight" "yell" and disagree sometimes, and most of the time its really not what you say but how you say it--make sense?? and I also found the key (for me) was learning its ok to agree to disagree.....hang in there it wil get better, and most likely you will grow from those teenage years....
Lauren~

Take me where the tides start
So I can pull you into me

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 posted 2003-02-23 06:30 PM

Do not yell, or try not to. Try to see your parents side, even in the midst of it.
You can disagree without being rude. It's all about respect. On the other hand, they have to respect you.
See if you can try to bring that sort of environment to the house.

sweetwater
since 2002-12-16
Posts 178
Perth
5 posted 2003-03-03 01:52 PM

Connel
you said - "I say things that later I wish I wouldnt have."

I say - "It's never too late to go back and say you're sorry"

[This message has been edited by sweetwater (03-03-2003 02:17 PM).]

Opeth
since 2001-12-13
Posts 1543
The Ravines
6 posted 2003-03-03 02:15 PM

No person can make you mad, but yourself.
Wind
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-10-12
Posts 2981

7 posted 2003-03-03 04:11 PM

Here's what I do:

Scream at the pillow

Draw pictures that make no sense

Write angry songs

Go where no one can hear me and scream.....ummm stuff

write down what I should have said, then cry because I can't take it back (for some reason, apollogising makes my mom angry)

sleep on it

go give my dog a hug

Scream

oh did i already say scream?

I dunno, it works for me

[This message has been edited by Wind (03-03-2003 04:12 PM).]

Riley
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2002-07-18
Posts 1038
in the pouring rain
8 posted 2003-03-07 06:04 PM

Ok, this might be long, but I am a teenager to, and only 13 and I know the feeling. But think about it, if you didn't have your parents, what would you do? Inside you know you love them, so just try to push that part out and go with it. I write when I am mad, and that helps, like you do. But really what you need to do is talk to your friends about it. I know you have to have at least one good friend and if not, find someone. It helps. I get in trouble a lot to, a lot, but thats just part of it I guess. You said you would want to right them a letter and they would leave you alone. But they are just trying to look out for you. When they were growing up ( so i have heard ) they went through the same thing, and things get passed down in a cycle, like the yelling, and it just keeps happening. So why don't you and your parents and every other kid and their parents stop the bad cycle and start one that consists of talking openly with your parents more often. I know it sounds hard, but just talkin is easier than yelling and screaming and getting all worked up over getting off the computer.

I am going through the same thing, it seems hard, but friends can help. Talk to them and your parents.

Hope I helped a little, but I need to practice what I preach ..

Riley, teenager in training

Morning mist clings to my face, and my soul opens up to you......

rkcraig
since 2003-02-27
Posts 202
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
9 posted 2003-03-10 01:09 AM

I was the same way as you.  I hated my parents, always fighting and for the most mart, always pissing me off.  Let me tell you that I made the dumbest mistake of my life.  I moved out when I turned 16 and lived by myself until I joined the navy 3 years ago.  I'm still paying for it now.  what's the old saying?  You don't know what you got till its' gone?  Trust me, you may fight, but if you keep it this way for now (which is natural) you will have a better relationship with your parents in the end.  It's worth it.
Connel
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2002-11-04
Posts 736
Florida, USA
10 posted 2003-03-11 10:08 PM

Thanks guys.. I just started to go outside, sit down where i cant be seen. and just think. And that works lol. Thanks.

Read ^ there, because you are reading the wrong part!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Oh the teenage years I hate.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary