navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Join Me In Smiling!
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Join Me In Smiling! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
my3monkeytoes
since 2002-05-11
Posts 152
In the Carolina Breeze

0 posted 2002-07-10 02:04 PM

Hi PiP friends!  

Today I was struck with a positive wave that was so completely overwhelming, it nearly took my breath away.  When I came home from the grocery store, hot and a bit frustrated from pacifying the infant during the course of the event, I got a glass out of the cabinet for a drink of water.  I ate so much ice when I was pregnant that I "broke" our instant ice maker!  I'm sure it was just time for it to wear out, but the idea of me eating soooooo much ice that it "broke" makes for a better story.  Anyhow, I sighed a second before attempting to get any ice out of the maker, because I realized that the day before, I had forgotten to empty the "manual" ice trays into the instant ice maker tray, and I just knew I'd have no ice for my water.  A little thing, I know, but I was really looking forward to the icy cold of the drink.  I opened the freezer to refill the  ice trays, only to find that my husband must have emptied them and refilled them the night before!  

Oh, sweet joy!  

Even though he is working five 12-hour shifts this week, he took the time to make sure I had ice for today.  It's the little things, this reminded me, that can mean so very much.  So, I pronounce the rest of July as my "Positive-Powerful-Little-Things-Month", and encourage everyone to write a little tiny poem telling someone how much you appreciate some "little-wonderful-something" they did or showed you or shared.  Oh, the power of that!  I hope it catches...and I look forward to reading your little smiles.  I have posted my "Reason #463" in the main poetry forum, 21.

~Sydney McLean

© Copyright 2002 Sydney McLean - All Rights Reserved
Irie
since 1999-12-01
Posts 1493
Washington State
1 posted 2002-07-10 02:25 PM

I'm off to write....
This is just what I needed to get me writing again....
A challenge.....

~Sheri

"The things that come to those that wait may be the things
left by those who got there first"

bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

2 posted 2002-07-10 03:52 PM

Just reading the title of this thread made me smile. <--see?

She said burn ... together.
-TON

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Join Me In Smiling!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary