navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Friends Suck!
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Friends Suck! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Words_of_Glitter
since 2000-10-25
Posts 90
USA

0 posted 2002-04-08 01:31 AM

(I just need to vent right now.)

All my friends suck. I don't know what I would do without them. Lead a happy life maybe, free of unnecessary stress. I always wonder if I will have one friend (just one is all I ask) that won't let me down. So far, my mother is my rock. But she can even falter at times. No one should be expected to reach perfection. So I'm going to make a solemn vow to myself...to make one friend and BE THEIR FRIEND. Not a friend that you read stories like this about, but an actual friend. I think the meaning of friend has become warped throughout the years and no one really knows what it means anymore, so they don't know how to act. I guess if I want a friend like that...I gotta be a friend like that.

"Time really does fly by and no one knows where it goes, so if you have something to say or do, say or do it now."

© Copyright 2002 Sarah Morehouse - All Rights Reserved
Kielo
since 2002-02-11
Posts 1109

1 posted 2002-04-08 05:45 PM

Wow... you sound a lot like me... I feel the same way a lot of the time. Email  me... never mind, don't bother. I can't get on the computer except at school, and it won't let me into my email account, so that's pointless... grr... *sigh* Oh well, what can you do... Good luck...

I LOVE YOU! *kisses you* hehehe...

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

2 posted 2002-04-14 07:56 AM

My friends suck too.

And?

I don't know what I'd do without them...

Okay...sigh, now that THAT is out of my system, may I suggest an innovative lifestyle approach?

grinning here, because I sound like my mom, BUT---CHOOSE YOUR FRIENDS CAREFULLY!!!

I could write a book on this subject...hmmm..in fact? maybe I will!

Hugs and love to you. (and psst...be your OWN best friend! )

Magnus
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-10-10
Posts 14135
South Carolina, USA
3 posted 2002-04-15 04:18 PM

I have always said that a true friend...

Will be standing next to you when everyone
else is throwing rocks at you....

No,  not many would do that....But one that
cares about you certainly will...I am proud
to say I have a couple of FRIENDS that would
do just that for me...as I would for them..

I hope that it works out for you...

Barry

Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments
4 posted 2002-04-15 09:40 PM

Having only one or two really good friends is worth more than having dozens of just mediocre friends.  If I were you, I'd concentrate on that idea.  Once I figured that out and concentrated on the few people who really cared, I became a much happier person.  Good luck to ya.

*Krista Knutson*

"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind." -Gandhi

Opeth
since 2001-12-13
Posts 1543
The Ravines
5 posted 2002-04-16 01:32 PM

Just don't expect your friends to be perfect because there is no such thing as a perfect person, therefore there cannot be a perfect friend.

Time always tells. Learn and become wiser. Too many people neglect life's teachings.

NapalmsConstantlyConfused
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-05-15
Posts 529

6 posted 2002-05-01 12:29 PM

the way i've always thought of it is this:
a Buddy will help you hide.
a Friend will help you hide BODIES.

and the richest man in the world is the one who can count the friends he can trust with his life on more than one finger.

i am blessed; i have 3 real friends - the rest i can freely live without, i have no use for sycophants.
-Dave

ambermize
since 2001-04-21
Posts 157
California
7 posted 2002-05-18 12:05 PM

My god, have I been there! I even stopped having anyone in my life for awhile, believing I would just be screwed over anyway. True friendship is worth having, and your right.......to have that, you've got to be that. Can relate completley

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
8 posted 2002-06-06 03:36 AM

Yep yep.....sometimes friends suck. Like right now.....but we need them.......and when they suck.....tell them, cuz I sure do haha

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Friends Suck!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary