navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Love at first sight
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Love at first sight Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Moon Dust
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 1999-06-11
Posts 2177
Skelmersdale, UK

0 posted 2001-12-27 09:51 PM

Do u belive in love at first sight?

I want to know because I don't belive in it because I don't feel it is possible. But I want to hear peoples take on it wether they belive or not and why, I dont want to know it just happens.

© Copyright 2001 Moon Dust - All Rights Reserved
Daemonyin
since 2001-11-24
Posts 31

1 posted 2001-12-27 11:21 PM

I think I experienced love at first sight.  But there is nothing I can say that would effectively counter the argument that it was simply lust and nothing more.  Becuase damn that girl was beautiful.  Looking into her eyes and suddenly I was speechless and nothing, no one else mattered.  I just wish I spoke to her... Yes I'm that pathetic.  I never once really spoke to her.  All I could do was stare.  
Anyway I do believe that love at first sight is very much possible and not just for the people who fall in love easily...
ugh I suck

[This message has been edited by Daemonyin (12-27-2001 11:22 PM).]

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
2 posted 2001-12-28 01:14 AM

I personally don't believe it's possible. you're more likely to find lust at first sight. There is more to love (as we all know) than the initial animal attraction. I don't think you can get that in the first 5 seconds.

If this is all the world has to offer, I want a refund on my life.

[This message has been edited by anonymousfemale (12-28-2001 01:15 AM).]

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

3 posted 2001-12-28 01:45 PM

With me? It's more like an inner "uh-oh..."

Don't know if that is love, lust or a warning...sigh

But there is certainly some sort of chemical reaction and magnetism that occurs. And? It's very addictive! But...and oh geez I hate to admit this, but I think true love is something that hangs around anyway...after the initial attraction is gone, after the humanity of the relationship shows its face through all the little hurt and inevitable mistakes we make in loving, after the bills are paid (or unpaid) and so on, etc.

Relationships are work. But there is something wonderful in showing all aspects of yourself and knowing that they love you anyway. And I am going to shaddup now, lest forum buddies read these words written by MOI and injure themselves laughing...

Good luck to you!

RosePetal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-08-26
Posts 2985
South Florida
4 posted 2001-12-28 07:42 PM

I don't think love at first sight is possible either. You have to get to know someone inside and out before you can even be sure if you love them. Lust at first sight yep, love nope. The first sight just draws you in, it captures your interst, the rest is up to you. good luck : )

RP

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
5 posted 2002-01-07 04:15 PM

I personally dont believe in it...i believe in "intense attraction at first site" but how can you love someone for their looks if you dont know anything more...seems impossibly and rather fairy-taleish to me

ShE'S nOt ThE kInDa GiRL..WhO lIkeS tO tElL tHe WorLd AbOuT tHe Way She FEEL'S aBouT hErSelf...ShE tAkEs a LiTtLe TiMe In MakIn uP hEr MiNd..

Alyssa
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-05-30
Posts 385
IM ENGAGED!!!!!
6 posted 2002-01-07 04:47 PM

Hmmmmm I dunno. I do in one way, but then again I do not.
Its kinda weird... I talked to this guy for a very long time and we started going out and well it was over the net, well we met in October and I knew at that moment i truly loved him.Forever. And i guess it was love at first sight, but i had knew him before just not IRL so um well, i dunno. But me and Josh spent a week together, And we shared New Years and new years week withim  and it was pure heaven and I love him so muchand hes 'the one' and hehe, you should see my ring..lol

....Handle with care...

Bec
since 2001-02-23
Posts 475
Canberra
7 posted 2002-01-07 05:10 PM

I think love at first sight could happen, but it's never happened to me. I remember seeing this guy at school, he had long hair and wore his cap pulled right down over his eyes. He was dating a friend of mine, and when I met him, I can't say I took that much notice of him. We celebrate our fifth anniversary in August!

"Poetry and Hums aren't things which you get, they're things which get you. And all you can do is to go where they can find you."
-Winnie-the-Pooh

Moon Dust
Member Elite
since 1999-06-11
Posts 2177
Skelmersdale, UK
8 posted 2002-01-07 09:29 PM

Thank u all for you opinions. But Asslya you changed my mind maybe you can find love at first sight (and maybe I did to in a similar way with the internet), but only in such a way that you know them first and they know you.

I breathe the dust, the dust is me.

rich-pa
since 2000-02-07
Posts 317
New Orleans, Louisiana
9 posted 2002-01-29 12:07 PM

i like this one.  i believe in love at first sight.  i also believ there are tweo parts to love though, one beign that heart thumping crazy do insane things for the person feeling, and then the mature deeper lasting love that grows through an intimate bond.  that first one though, i've felt it just looking at girls, something about 'em.  i'd hardly call it lust becausei just wanted to be with them...it's a weird feeling, i dunno, but then we get into a debate on what is love and so on so on.

"freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose..."  -janis joplin

Jamie
Member Elite
since 2000-06-26
Posts 3168
Blue Heaven
10 posted 2002-01-29 02:30 PM

Depends on what you mean by "first sight".
I met a girl many years ago and couldn't get her off my mind. It took me over a week to finally ask her out ( and i saw her for nearly everyone of those days ).On the first date I looked into her eyes and fell in love. We were married for nearly 16 years.

Forward a few years after that.. I "knew' someone who I hadn't actually met, and to shorten the story-- when I did meet her, the same thing happened--- It isnt like--OMG I am in love-- it is a captivation of sorts-- an intense drawing in from that person-- it was later in the night both times when the full realization struck me.

Those are the only two times I have ever been in love. So maybe I should ask the question-- If you don't feel something "strong" the first time you meet someone,, can you fall in love with that person???

There is society where none intrudes, by the deep sea, and music in its roar.
byron

Moon Dust
Member Elite
since 1999-06-11
Posts 2177
Skelmersdale, UK
11 posted 2002-01-29 07:02 PM

I guess I meant that you could only fall in love with someone when you knew them. But now I think yeah there are many types of love and I guess lust is one of them even if it never goes futher than that. I suppose love is a unqui thing and for everone how we love and people love us varies. So really we can't jugde weather or not we can love at first sight or how we feel. I guess we just gotta work it out for ourselves.

I breathe the dust, the dust is me.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Love at first sight

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary