navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Feeling...
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Feeling... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Allan Riverwood
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-01-04
Posts 3502
Winnipeg

0 posted 2001-11-26 01:13 AM

Feeling gloomy... strange... and confused really...
Feeling doubtful.  What is poetry?  Why are all these changes in my life occurring?
What is going on in the world?

Well, I won't fill your ears with a ventilation thread.  That's what knives and pillows are for.

I want someone to relate to, however.  

I miss everyone.  I miss jeremydraul, Dopey_Dope, Melster, Lovebug, Child of the Stars, anomaly197, peanogrl83, jytree, Lakewalker... and Fading Away, especially her... all those people from Teen Poetry #3 that seem to have vanished.

But what kind of an example am I setting?  I vanished, just like any and all of them.

Maybe I'm just nearsighted if I can't look at all the poets that are replacing them.  Or maybe I just don't care for change.

Am I alone on this one?

[This message has been edited by Allan Riverwood (edited 11-26-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Brian James Lee - All Rights Reserved
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
1 posted 2001-11-26 07:10 AM

Our forums are very cyclical... Rarely does ANYONE disappear totally.  People have personal issues in their lives that take them away for varied intervals, but they invariably find their way back to Passions... You're the perfect example, Allan... Nice to see you..
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2001-11-26 08:24 AM

Welcome Home, Allan.  One thing that never stays the same is change.  Like a river.  The water still flows, but even the rocks get moved.

What may have been an adventure in poetry can be displaced with other "adventures."  Poets who stay focused and disciplined will come and go as, Nan says, their daily lives will allow them.  [OK, maybe Nan didn't say it quite that way, but you get the idea.]

So, I'll go looking for YOUR new poems....

RosePetal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-08-26
Posts 2985
South Florida
3 posted 2001-11-26 07:01 PM

Hi Allan,

I have been a member here for 3 months now, and I've never had the honor of meeting you until today. I know you miss your friends from teen chat, but they will be back, trust me. I would love to read some of your work. I'm sure we can relate to eachother quite well. : )

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

4 posted 2001-11-26 07:32 PM

Hey there cutie pie...and yes, things change alot around here. And I too am here and then gone again alot due to personal things that have happened. But I'm pleased to see YOU back again---would love to do a second duet with you---and? I have been looking for someone to join me in the Pip club on yahoo who can read the differences in the meters for me---interested? lemme know...and hugs to you, You are one of the good ones~!  
Allan Riverwood
Member Elite
since 2001-01-04
Posts 3502
Winnipeg
5 posted 2001-11-26 10:49 PM

Cutie Pie??
Serenity, you are an absolute tincture for the ego.  

I do feel welcomed back, and I appreciate it very much.  Sunshine, I'm sorry, but I haven't posted anything completely new yet.  Well, I might have.  We'll see.

RosePetal!  You're a good example of the new people here, all of whom seem very nice.  I think I'm going to begin posting more in Open, where the members know me a bit better than they do in Teen these days.  Maybe I will see you there.

Nan, I missed you most of all.     Of course.
Back in PIP, where I belong.  It feels nice.
I hope it lasts.

~Allan

"I know it's nice to be known - It caresses your ego - but the society cost is terrible."
~Vangelis

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
6 posted 2001-11-27 10:05 PM

Friends may come and grow and go, but I have this feeling many of them will return some day. Life gets really busy some times, especially when you are young and full of the 'future'.  Glad to see you here, Allan.

Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
7 posted 2001-11-28 08:30 PM

Ahhh there you are...

Did you know I missed you too?

Welcome back   Titia

A rose is a rose is a rose...I guess...
Want to use the pics on my website? Just let me know. http://communities.msn.com/Titiasplace/http://comm

Fading Away
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-14
Posts 3131
Lynchburg, Virginia
8 posted 2001-12-09 02:04 PM

Hi there, my sweetheart  

I'm glad I popped in and read this thread.  I've been debating this very subject within myself the past week or so.

My opinion?  Many people come and go around here.  Daily, members are joining, and members are leaving, some for good, and some just for a break.  But, I think that ones that love this place the most, like most of the ones you named, are the ones who will eventually find their way back, whether it's because they miss writing, miss the people, or miss this poetry sanctuary.  You're back, I'm back.. Dopes is back (as best as he can)... that says something.  

Talk to you soon.

--Marie

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that the most frustrated people in the world are those who know they're stupid, but keep trying anyway.

Moon Dust
Member Elite
since 1999-06-11
Posts 2177
Skelmersdale, UK
9 posted 2001-12-11 09:12 PM

Yes I feel this way people I've known on here who breeze on and off as I do I've probably missed them while i've gone

I breathe the dust, the dust is me.

Justbleu
Member Elite
since 1999-08-31
Posts 3329
Oregon, Originally From Alaska :)
10 posted 2001-12-12 11:53 PM

Hi there!!!!!!      You may not know me but....I come and go a lot....and can be gone for weeks on end then all of sudden pop up for a month at a time or maybe just for a day then off I am again!!!!  

Don't get discouraged they're still around!!!!!

Bridgette  

"Somewhere, somehow, it should be possible to touch someone and never let go again.  To hold someone, not for a moment but forever." Unknown

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Feeling...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary