navwin » Discussion » Feelings » I'm losing my grip
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic I'm losing my grip Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Blaec
since 2001-04-23
Posts 130
The Sunshine State

0 posted 2001-09-13 01:26 PM

I am here because I need an outlet to get some of this out of my system.  I can't believe all of the hatred in this world.  We have lost so many Americans in this horrible tradgedy.  We stand to lose even more before it is all over.  There has been much talk of going to war.  I realize that this in inevitable.  I know that we must fight back.  However, knowing that we must do what is right is not of great comfort to me right now.  See, my husband is in the U.S. Navy.  He is stationed aboard a Destroyer ship.  He has been gone on a 6 month cruise and was scheduled to return on October 23rd.  As of now his battle fleet has been ordered to remain where they are overseas and be on standby.  I am not nieve.  I know what this means.  He is going to war.  Now I don't know when I will see my husband again, or when my children will see their father.  My mind is already beginning to think the worst.  What if he never comes home again?  

© Copyright 2001 Kristi Henderson - All Rights Reserved
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
1 posted 2001-09-13 02:00 PM

Blaec~
We can all understand your anguish at this turn of events.
We have no answers, but please know that our hearts are with you.

Your husband is one of those valiant guardians who stand the watch for a great nation.

The one thing I can tell you is that your husband, and other members of our armed services, stand a better chance of survivial than those who were struck down in the acts of the blind terrorism that hit our shores just two days ago.

While it just has to be difficult to get through ... rest assured that each of those serving to protect us will remain in our constant prayers.

Hold hands with us ... our friendship prayers will sustain you.

Bless you dear lady~
*Hugs*
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
                                   noles1@totcon.com            

doreen peri
Member Elite
since 1999-05-25
Posts 3812
Virginia
2 posted 2001-09-13 07:57 PM

marge said it so much better than i could.... ((((hugs)))))&prayers to you and your family
1slick_lady
Member Ascendant
since 2000-12-22
Posts 6088
standing on a shadow's lace
3 posted 2001-09-14 01:59 AM

my heart and my prayers are with you
i know just how you are feeling with my son
i know it is the right thing but it doesnt make me feel any better nor relieve any of my pain...i will be thinking of you and your family and holding them as well as your husband up to God daily...hugs for you too and your family...here we will all hold each other up...helen

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

4 posted 2001-09-14 04:25 AM

Hugs and comfort Blaec...my thoughts are with you...the only little thing I want to say is try not to let your imagination drive you nuts...I know that might sound really difficult...but do try to let events unfold - it will save your sanity...
~wrapping arms in big hug~

K

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
5 posted 2001-09-14 04:54 AM

*hugs*

I feel you and can understand your pain. Just remember that it wasn't only americans that were lost in this tragic event.

Keep strong...

"Kelly's my Hero!" "No, Kelly's your heroine." "Kelly has heroin??" "What?"

rwood
Member Elite
since 2000-02-29
Posts 3793
Tennessee
6 posted 2001-09-14 07:08 PM

Dear Blaec. I'm so sorry for the heart ache. I know how torn you are. My father was in the Navy for 20 years. Never saw a battle. But when I married a man in the Army in 1988, two years later, Desert Storm arose. We don't know when or where or why sometimes. I can only tell you the saying "It is War on the homefront too" is true.

Your emotions will reel, I know, during this situation. The best thing you can do to  support your Hubby is take care of yourself so you will be able to greet him with open arms when he returns. For his decision is a grand decision. You are the woman that he very much looks forward to coming home to. Your image is everything he sees when he tries to cope in bravery. His love, his home.

Draw near everyone in your situation. You will need all the shoulders and support. You may even find that others will need you for they may be worse off emotionally and mentally. Just know that there are many out here and around you that will do everything we can to comfort your fears and support you and all those that will go forward in bravery. We fear so much....I know they do too. For they are not the machines everyone thinks they are.

Much Love and hugs your way, and if you ever need to talk or write. We'll be here to listen and read. God Bless you and protect you all.

Sincerely,
Regina

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
7 posted 2001-09-14 10:47 PM

We'll be here for you dear...come here when you need comfort or if you need just to vent. And please keep us updated....we're in this together you know.
Elizabeth
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 1999-06-07
Posts 6871
Minnesota
8 posted 2001-09-14 11:42 PM

God Bless you and your husband. ((((hugs))))
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » I'm losing my grip

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary