navwin » Discussion » Feelings » depressed
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic depressed Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Liah
Unregistered
Posts 1

0 posted 2001-09-03 06:53 PM

What do you do when you feel your entire life is falling apart right around you, and you can't hold anything together?  I'm trying so hard, but i can't do it by myself, and i really don't have anybody who i can totally trust.  the few people i did talk to have had to put up with me too much already, so i feel bad dropping more onto them.  On top of everything else, one of my close friends just left.  It feels so empty... how can i bring my world back together?

Liah

© Copyright 2001 Liah - All Rights Reserved
Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
1 posted 2001-09-03 07:08 PM

Seek professional help dear, for almost always if you've fallen deep into a depression neither you alone or your friends will be able to to get you out easily.

I know, I've been there.

Titia

A rose is a rose is a rose...I guess...
Feel free to use the pictures on my website. http://communities.msn.com/Titiasplace/

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 posted 2001-09-03 10:11 PM

You need to analyze your life, write poetry, be positive, go out and do fun things, and if you just can't possibly do any of these.....seek help....it'll do good in the end.
Blaec
since 2001-04-23
Posts 130
The Sunshine State
3 posted 2001-09-04 12:05 PM

I have to agree.  You should seek help.  The sooner the better.  The longer that you put it off, the worse it is going to get.  I felt the same way that you seem to.  Like everything in my life was going wrong.  I finally went to my doctor because I was having horrible chest pains and couldn't breath.  Turns out I was having anxiety attacks.  Now I am on anti-depressants.  They didn't make my problems go away.  But they help me to deal with my problems.  I also see a therapist to talk things through with.  It has really helped me.  Good luck.  I hope that you feel better soon.

Kris

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
4 posted 2001-09-04 12:13 PM

Although I don't completely agree with seeking professional help, if you do decide to do so, make sure it is someone that has had special experience in your area. Coming from someone who has seen over 10 different Doctors, make sure you find someone that is right for you. If you ever need to talk, my email is: shadowchaser46@hotmail.com

You can dump as much as you like on me and I won't mind.
Take care of yourself.

~AF~

"Kelly's my Hero!" "No, Kelly's your heroine." "Kelly has heroin??" "What?"

Siofra
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-28
Posts 551
State of Suspended Passion
5 posted 2001-09-04 09:42 PM

*sigh* I hope I don't get blasted for this one, but what I would say is to pray. God answers, although not always within our time expectations.
xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
6 posted 2001-09-24 10:15 AM

You can always talk to me...My e-mail is Acabalena36@Aol.com....sometimes these things get outta hand and theres not much you can do about it on your own..dont wait, go seek professional help...::hugs:: hope all is well soon!
Justbleu
Member Elite
since 1999-08-31
Posts 3329
Oregon, Originally From Alaska :)
7 posted 2001-09-24 02:08 PM

I agree with one of the poeple above....I sense that I have felt similar to what you're going feeling and I was constantly looking towards other poeple to bring me up and to always be there when I need them...etc.  Slowly but surely over the years I've opened myself up and prayed to God/Jesus and believe that when no one else is there they/he is.  If you don't know what I'm talking about or think I'm crazy or something I used to think that way too.  They're the only ones in this world you can depend 100% and they won't let you down.  They listen and have unconditional love that I haven't seen a human possess this including myself.  God won't guide you to what you think is best for you but to what IS BEST for YOU.  God will be there when you fall, when you hurt, etc.  There are many books out there that can help you learn to pray and to learn about God.  The bible is the best of these books.  But, there are others that will help with understanding.  

I'm not sure why and sorry if this bothers you cuz, I just went on and on with all of this but, It has been helping me during some pretty difficult times.  I've learned a lot in the process too.  

Take Care and God Bless,
Bridgette  

[This message has been edited by Justbleu (edited 09-24-2001).]

sonjes
since 2000-02-18
Posts 564
North Carolina
8 posted 2001-09-25 07:11 AM

I agree w/Dopey for the most part...keep a journal, write poetry...start walking, biking, something to keep your body energized...stick to a routine as much as possible...and ALSO (not as a last resort) seek counseling. It doesn't have to be a doctor...a psychologist works. All they do is listen...help you get it out.

Don't care what people say
Just follow your own way
Don't give up and use the chance
To return to innocence.
           -Enigma

Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

9 posted 2001-10-11 09:28 AM

My heart aches for you. One thing I will tell you.  Sometimes professional help is wonderful and needed but there's no replacement for loving yourself. Tell yourself the truth-about yourself, even if means you don't like it.  If you can honestly feel worthy and believe you ARE,
you will be happy no matter what anyone does, says, reacts, gives or doesn't give.

Your happiness will no longer depend on circumstance, someone living or dying, the state of the world, bombs going off, destruction and depression.

Because if INSIDE you have a peace you can and will be ok. Now, I know this all sounds real easy.  I know what I"m speaking about.

Don't ever put your happiness or base your happiness on others.  Love yes, give yes,
but do not and I mean this, do not base your well being on others because people leave, die, go away, move...it's life.

But above all, you won't receive good counseling online. I'm sorry, it doesn't work. People need a human touch, the eye contact, one on one, IN PERSON.

I hope this helps because it's honest advice and it worked for me.

Kathleen
nickname "Kay"

"Others can stop you temporarily, but only you can do it permanently."

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » depressed

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary