navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Tears.
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Tears. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Fading Away
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-03-14
Posts 3131
Lynchburg, Virginia

0 posted 2001-08-09 10:22 PM

My thoughts are going crazy right now, as they have been for the past few weeks.  I'm going nuts here, and in an attempt to keep myself sane for a little while longer, I'm going to do a thought dump here.  Bear with me...

I posted a little while ago about recent a recent heartache.  I'm still struggling with this, although every day, it gets a little better, and the pain subsides a little more.  I recently began thinking about what went wrong.  I ended up being more confused about the matter than when I started.  But then again, that's love for you.  So why does it have to be that way?  A wondrous, painful, mystery that life holds?  It seems to do more damage than good in most cases...

*sigh*

The other day I read a little story/quote that really got me thinking:
"Two little teardrops were floating down the river of life. One drop said to the other, 'I am the teardrop of a girl who loved a man & lost him. Who are you?' The other one replied, 'Well, I am the teardrop of a girl who won him.'"

What does that quote mean to you?

Love is very strange.  Love is an unconditional commitment to an imperfect individual.  You need it but when you love, it's like destining yourself for pain.  You become addicted and dependent on the person.  You become strong and at the same time, you open yourself up to being hurt.

Love can make you bear any kind of pain and any kind of sacrifice.  It can also make you feel stupid and act stupidly.
Sometimes when you love and end up giving so much yourself, subconsciously you only discover how much you've given when the person you love hurts you or has to say goodbye.
Then you realize, an important part of yourself is already with that person.  It goes away when he leaves and you are left with a sickening, empty feeling inside.

Tears are bound to shed from your eyes, no matter how you force yourself to keep them in. Well, that's what you get for caring so much about someone.  But how can you regret it?  To give oneself freely and lovingly is the most beautiful thing one can do.

The most teardrops ever shed on this Earth have been for love... or lack thereof.  When tears dry, a silent loss sticks to your heart for a long, long time.

Loving makes you real.  Loving also makes you cry.  It seems to my like a no win situation.

But then again, that is why a teardrop is so beautiful... because it is real and it comes from within your heart and your emotion.

Love is the worst emotion and the best emotion all at the same time.

Talk about confusing...

--Marie

You think yourself a failure, but perhaps the biggest loss is winning.

[This message has been edited by Fading Away (edited 08-09-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Jennifer Floyd - All Rights Reserved
LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

1 posted 2001-08-09 11:33 PM

Everything you've said is true. Love is the most intense emotion that we will ever experience, and it is quite hard to handle. It pops up in the most unexpected places and turns everything upside down. It's like a person with bipolar disorder, there are times when the joy just seems too much, and then there are times when the sorrow seems endless.

I guess it all depends on the way you look at it. Yes, love brings some of the greatest sorrow and trouble that we will ever know, but at the same time it brings the greatest joys of our lives. So ask yourself, are all the tears and the pain worth it? I think so.

"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel."-Machiavelli

[This message has been edited by LoveBug (edited 08-09-2001).]

Heavens Tears
since 2001-03-15
Posts 677

2 posted 2001-08-27 03:38 PM

To control myself from dumping my emotions all over PIPTalk (cuz I would be here a while)  I keep a journal.  It really helps.  Sometimes I will write 10 pages in a day, and it makes me feel so much better.  Then I will sometimes read back over it, and I read stuff that I didnt even realize I was thinking, and it sometimes makes things so much clearer.  

Just an idea...

Anyway, I hope that everything works out for you.  Love is a confusing thing, and all of the thoughts you have up there just make it more confusing huh?  There is nothing anyone can say to make all those thoughts any less confusing, but I think eventually you will figure everything out.  Good luck!

Moon Dust
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 1999-06-11
Posts 2177
Skelmersdale, UK
3 posted 2001-08-27 08:38 PM

You know your right you say a part of you goes away with a person, but I belive a part of your lover stays with you. But yeah it hurts when it comes to an end. Thats why I rarely give my heart away or have a problem with commitment.

Anyway this may not have anything to do with the post and maybe it is a little bit off the subject but do you belive you can love more than one person? I mean not at the same time. You see I used to belive that you had one true love to find. Now I think that you can love many people truely, if they mean something to you that is.

You don't have a choice to die but you do have a choice how you meet it.

Fading Away
Member Elite
since 2001-03-14
Posts 3131
Lynchburg, Virginia
4 posted 2001-08-28 04:03 PM

Thanks for the comments...

Thanks Erica.  Yes, I guess they are worth it to a certain extent.

Heavens Tears.. I keep a journal.  I have every since I was 10.  I've gone through numerous ones.  I keep them all.

Moon Dust... thanks for the comment... not off track in the slightest.  I think that there is one true love for all of us.  Only one person that one can fall in love with.. Well, I did think that.  Those thoughts are slowly changing with each new doubt.  With each question.  It's all very confusing.

--Marie

If going to church makes you a Christian, then sitting in a garage makes you a car.

Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
5 posted 2001-08-31 01:26 PM

Isn't there a quote somewhere like this "With you I lose myself, without you I find myself wanting to be lost again."
Love is the most complex thing in this world. I hate it.. I used to shy away from it... and yet at the same time.. it's a beautiful life altering thing. *sigh*
Damn this heart.

"Baby I've been drifting away, dreaming all day, of holding you, touching you, the only thing that I wanna do is be with you..."Faith Hill

Heavens Tears
since 2001-03-15
Posts 677

6 posted 2001-08-31 02:53 PM

Has keeping a journal helped you a lot too?  I have kept one off and on since 5th grade, I dont know how old I was, and it has helped me soooo much.  I hope everything works out for you.  

Writing isnt a hobby, its my own self-therapy.

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
7 posted 2001-09-01 05:17 PM

I know, this love thing makes no sense, but it is so large a part of us, we cannot escape. It never goes away, I think. The pain of a breakup lessens, the anger lessens, the recriminations go away, but then you are left with the love, all over again.
DAMN!
Sandra

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Tears.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary