navwin » Discussion » Feelings » One step forward..2 steps back !!!!!!
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic One step forward..2 steps back !!!!!! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
kitkat
since 2000-01-11
Posts 878
Nova Scotia

0 posted 2001-04-05 10:20 AM

Today I need to scream!!! I am so frustrated with goverment red tape!!! This is the situation...
I met my bf on line almost a year ago. Things for us a truly amazing. After meeting ing real time a few times I decided to move to be with him. I am from the States he lives in Canada.
I moved in Feb. I filled out all the proper paper work to become a Canadian Citizen. I could do this for my Dad was born in Canada. I sent all the papers and documents that I was told too.
Recieved a letter the other day that they need one more document. Okay should be no problem. They need to know when my dad became an US citizen. I told them that he was always considered one for his Dad;My grandfather was American. Sent them the paper work on that. Now they need to see my fathers Nationalization paper. UGG!!!(pulling my hair) My father states he never had anything like that. He also was in the military for 22 yrs. According to the information I gathered (long sleepless nights searching the web) there is an Act that was passed that any alien in the American Forces who served during Wartime was automatically Naturalized an US citizen. I sent my Dads military discharge papers to the canandian Immigration that showed my Dad was born in Canada but was an American citizen.. Still not good enough.
Now for your help....I have searched my parents have searched, to find away to get a hold of The US Naturalization and Immigration People to see whether there is a record of My Dads Naturlization. Does anyone out there know of a place or a phone # we can call.I have looked and looked.
My bf is so supported I think I am going to burst with love for him.
I really want to get this done so I can start work.
The Government Both US and Canada tell me conflicting things. Jeepers I was they could get their info straight...
Please do not suggest we marry to solve this...When we do Marry it will be our love, and nothing else..
Just when I take one step closer there are two that send me back.... HELP!!!!

© Copyright 2001 Kathy Harmon - All Rights Reserved
WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
1 posted 2001-04-05 12:31 PM

Hope this helps some.    

Immigration & Naturalization Service

Find US Immigration Naturalization Offices

Visit the American Immigration Center

Naturalization - How to Apply
Features general naturalization requirements, fingerprint procedures, and application forms. Find the nearest service center in your state.

US Immigration Attorney.Com

[This message has been edited by WhtDove (edited 04-05-2001).]

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

2 posted 2001-04-07 08:18 AM

This seems like a really horrible situation. I hope WhtDove's info can help out some. Best of luck!

"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel."-Machiavelli

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » One step forward..2 steps back !!!!!!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary