navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Life's problematic
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Life's problematic Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Crash&Burn
since 2001-01-18
Posts 119

0 posted 2001-03-08 05:10 PM

I wrote this a while ago, during one of those moments were you get mad over a break up... I still find it interesting so I'd like to hear your thoughts towards it:

It’s so hard to explain how one day you seem to have everything figured out, planned, beauty in motion. All of the sudden everything just goes bad and even the simplest things stop making sense. I for one would like to state how this sucks because, as most of you might already know, we all try to live our lives in order to sustain our personal happiness and when this, small dumb little quest of ours is broken, torn or even scratched we get lost and the world just stops making sense all together.
Life is so hard to understand, sincerely tell me, why can’t we be happy? What’s so hard in this life of ours that no matter how happy we get at some point we will go back and hit rock bottom once again? I used to think that this was not true because it’s always all in your mind, it’s a state of thought which you must not let yourself be dragged to a negative loop or everything else around you will go normal but since you are in negative thought everything seems to go wrong.
Another little thing I’d like to add to this little essay about our lives, relations. My god never have I seen so much bad stuff in my life. Speaking with little experience, but I feel I have come to a pretty good definition of what they are and the root of them “love”.
Relations, they are the commitment to swear to another girl that you would go through hell for her and are willing to surpass every obstacle in order to keep her, they are based in what people know as “love”. While love is believed to be this tingles and indescribable feelings which you get when thinking, touching, or just being with a certain person. I believe this to be wrong in so many ways, for once love is just and idealistical way to put the truth in pretty words for those people who refuse to see the truth of it. Love is an ATTRACTION, nothing more, these “feelings” are your hormones playing tricks on your body. When the truth of it is a physical attraction that satisfies your needs, then has the brains to carry an intelligent conversation and last is able to sustain this routine for ever. You don’t stop loving a person, because love never really exists. You just get mad at something the person did and feel you are unable to be supplied with your needs and be happy at the same time, and that is how love ends.

I see the darkness coming all is bleak...

[This message has been edited by Crash&Burn (edited 03-08-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Crash&Burn - All Rights Reserved
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 posted 2001-03-08 06:42 PM

Jorge, I guess you experienced this when that girl left you. C'mon pal, you know you weren't in love. Once you guys broke up you just kept on going. It hurt a bit, but not as much as it would have if you were in love. Now you have a caring, loving GF. So yer set, ya know?
Anyhow, million bucks says you don't think this anymore.

Good to read this though!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

Crash&Burn
since 2001-01-18
Posts 119

2 posted 2001-03-08 07:39 PM

yeah I know but remember I wrote this some time ago I just posted it I thought people would find it interesting

[This message has been edited by Crash&Burn (edited 03-08-2001).]

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
3 posted 2001-03-09 08:15 AM

I read this, and a lot is going through my mind. I will come back to this in a little bit when I have more time to answer.
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
4 posted 2001-03-09 08:31 AM

Again Crash & Burn, I don't know if you want to keep hearing from me, I just finished responding to the one Regina posted here but was for you all.

Now this is a bit much for you and may be overstated. Love is real and is out there but there are many kinds. Unconditional love is what a parent has for a child and a child for their parent (or should have) that no matter what events happen that may upset you or them, you still love one another and do your best to rectify the situation. That is a love that is bound forever.

Love at a young age is as you say your hormones, and attraction plays a large part in it. And at a young age you may be attracted to many at the same time until at some point one person has taken over your heart and everything about them is important to you. They are beautiful/handsome in your eyes, no matter how they look to others. It is not a lust...it is not something you wish to toss away...it builds a trust, an openess to share...and a wish to make a better life together...but it comes in time...even if there is a love at first sight..true lasting love needs time to grow...

And circumstances may arise to destroy that love, one never knows the reason, but if one or the other feels less about the other it is best to not hold onto something that will bring you more pain.

Now, I always believed in a forever love and I think it is good to do that eventually...but forever was too long in my life and after 30 years has ended...Dopey knows a bit of this...so I can't say that love is forever, only that I had always hoped it would be and I am sure my husband did too. But like so many things in life you have to work at a love...and sometimes it's easy and others hard...so don't give up on loving. Just know that you can still try to be friends..that love does not have to end in hate...and you'll love this *s there are always more fish in the ocean...

just wanted to throw one of my parents sayings in just for the sake of it...but be open to new friendships and from there you may find the love of your life..

Maureen again..

sorry, I am a romantic at heart despite what I am going through.

"The worst prison would be a closed heart".
...Pope John Paul II

[This message has been edited by nakdthoughts (edited 03-09-2001).]

Crash&Burn
since 2001-01-18
Posts 119

5 posted 2001-03-09 05:43 PM

thank you all who read....yes I do now this essay was a bit overboard but I was kind off blowing steam. I know love is real and a beautiful thing, it's hard to find though and one can be tricked at any point. See I just wrote this to explain a relation gone bad, in fact it was bad from the beggining. thanx for reading. Hope to hear from you all again.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Life's problematic

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary