navwin » Discussion » Feelings » So much bad news
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic So much bad news Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone

0 posted 2000-12-28 10:24 PM

I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with the bad news these last few weeks. I have heard of so many people dying in fires, trying to keep warm with little space heaters. Mothers, babies,teens, brave firefighters trying to save them, and losing their lives as well.
Now the recent workplace massacre, in a city fairly close to me, is the last straw. Why is this world so horrible? Why are so many suffering? I know that no one has the answers, but it seems that the world is just falling apart. How do you have holiday cheer, and hope for the future, with this going on all around us?

And today my sisters cat died. A sweet old boy, greatly loved. Small to some, but very sad for her.

I know we all have our own personal dissapointments and tragedies. It just feels like there is so much more of that happening, not just to me, but to the world.
I want to keep the dreams alive. The positive thoughts, the hopes, the love.
How?

(just had to share this, I feel so sad for all these families)

Hope you all have a good new year.
Sandra

© Copyright 2000 Sandra - All Rights Reserved
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

1 posted 2000-12-29 04:50 AM

Hey...you...

not sure if this will cheer you up, or depress you more, but I was reading another post of yours, earlier? and the boyfriend? (him nosy) saw your pic? and said...TELL HER TO COME TO MARDI GRAS TOO...lol

We are harmless. Really. We only bite each other. heh heh heh...bring peroxide....rofl...and HUGS to you.

inot2B
Member Elite
since 2000-09-18
Posts 2205
Arkansas
2 posted 2000-12-29 12:11 PM

What you said is so true. How can we be of good cheer with all that is going on? I sit and cry as I watch the TV news. To see the hurt and pain that people are having to endure is so heartbreaking. Yet for all the hurt there is so much love to. I'm sorry about your sister's cat, it hurts I know!
The only way to change things is to start within ourselves. A smile, a helping hand or just an ear to listen to someone in need.
Peace and love and hopes the new year will be smiling down on all of us.

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 posted 2000-12-29 01:50 PM

You know, there is a lot of hell going on out there in the world. Even when you think things are going your way and life couldn't get better........nothing has changed in the world....just your perception of it for the moment. Just be positive and concintrate upon the goodness of this world....because there is goodness out there....even if it's within the nooks and crannies of walls....find it.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

athena4
since 2000-12-10
Posts 622

4 posted 2000-12-29 09:34 PM

Sandra,
      We know through all the triumphs and tragedies, we must always look to the hope, and the beauty that life does possess. You are a Princess with a heart as golden as the kingdom itself, and you will be rewarded with the happiness you deserve. Just always remember to...Keep The Dream Alive.
       Love you, Elise

Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
5 posted 2000-12-29 10:04 PM

I couldn't agree more with what Elise said. . . remember my poem "the candles"?  It begins within us. . . we are the lights, the candles that shine to the world. . . together, we are brighter. . .

Never lose hope my friend. . . Hope is always there. . . sow love, sow peace. . . love life, live for love. . .

Take it from me, being an empath is never easy, but we do it because it's our calling. . . we are the candles. . . it's our job to shine. . .

Shine on Sandra. . . shine on!!!  

---------------------------------------------------------

That which gives light must endure burning
--Victor Frankl

Suzanne Arlene
since 2000-10-09
Posts 377
Ontario, Canada
6 posted 2000-12-30 07:38 PM

Well i believe that civilization itself has improved greatly since the dawn of man. Think back to ancient man the vikings and romans . We are evolving Just very slowly.there is hope for mankind i believe. otherwise we would have anialated ourselfs off the planet all ready. Peace to you and yours and always look for the good  It is there  just sometimes hard to see.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » So much bad news

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary