navwin » Discussion » Feelings » And sometimes... it still hurts
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic And sometimes... it still hurts Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration

0 posted 2000-11-16 09:56 PM

You know, you can sit and write your heart out for a year and more, purging the pain, escaping or romanticizing the memories in an attempt to exorcize them. Poetry, prose, complaints, articles, secret journals that no one else will ever see. You cry in the middle of the night when you're alone so no one can see you, then put on a normal face in the morning so the rest of the world thinks you're all right.

Initially, the normal face is hard to put on. But eventually, it becomes a habit. The habit becomes ingrained. And then finally, it's no longer a habit, but rather a reality. Sure, the mind still dwells on the past sometimes. But now it's a bit more detached and the memories are fond rather than bitter. Every once in a while you may hear a song that grips your heart in tears, but even that fades eventually, until you're finally left with something approaching hope.

Then you meet someone, or find the prospect of that which you've been looking for. Now, instead of a normal face, you have a hopeful one. Granted, not without misgivings though, as the past is still there and the old say "once bitten twice shy" rings often in your mind. But still, it's time and you're ready to move ahead.

Then, the past jumps up to bite you in the ass and you realize that those tears, almost forgotten, come back all too easily.

I suppose you can only hope they'll leave a bit more quickly this time.

© Copyright 2000 C.G. Ward - All Rights Reserved
WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
1 posted 2000-11-16 10:38 PM

Chris I love that song.

But seriously, my circumstances are totally different, though related to relationships, and tonight buddy, the past came back and bit me in the ass.  And it "HURTS" like hell.

Hugz to ya Chris!!

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 posted 2000-11-16 10:51 PM

Much luck to you chris in healing. Not much I can say because anything i'd come up with would be cliché......and i'm not about cliché. At least i don't think so.....

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

3 posted 2000-11-17 02:25 AM

Hey you...I know all about those ass biters...hugs to heart me buddy.

I guess we make it a step at a time, one day at time. I'll cope if you will...be lucky in love, you!!!

doreen peri
Member Elite
since 1999-05-25
Posts 3812
Virginia
4 posted 2000-11-17 10:34 AM

thank you for speaking my mind
(((hug)))

EagleOne
Member Elite
since 2000-03-07
Posts 2829
Between a laugh and a tear...
5 posted 2000-11-17 02:46 PM

I agree with serenity, one step at a time, one day at a time! As time goes on the bad days do become less frequent, and yeah, it still hurts! Take care!

"The heart and soul have no illusion of boundries when friendship is the quest"
~ My Angel.

Nicole
since 1999-06-23
Posts 1835
Florida
6 posted 2000-11-17 03:08 PM

*nodding*

bol 'o hugs

Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments
7 posted 2000-11-17 11:27 PM

Sadly, that's the story of life my friend...thinks are looking up sometimes, but as soon as they go up, they come crashing down...keep your strength up, have faith, and know that we all here know what a truly phenomenal person you are.  Many *hugs* to you, Sir Christopher.  

*Krista Knutson*

"One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar."
Helen Keller

Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
8 posted 2000-11-17 11:41 PM

They usually do. . . and you learn that you can love again. . . and that your heart isn't just something that's used for target practice. . .

But, there will be those times, in the middle of the night, when the memories will come back. . . and that's when you just have to let the tears come. . .and when you're done, you sigh, dry your eyes. . . and you go on. . . becuase it's all that you can do. . . you have to. . . or you stay in the past. . . and that's not the place to be. . .

You just go on. . . and the heart heals. . . because that's what hearts do, they break, they hurt. . . and they heal. . .

---------------------------------------------------------

That which gives light must endure burning
--Victor Frankl

Elizabeth Cor
since 2000-10-13
Posts 879
Over the river and through the woods
9 posted 2000-11-21 02:28 PM

Don't give up on that hope... sometimes it's more than it seems.

((((HUGS AND SIGHS)))) for you, Rock.
And keep Oregon in mind.

~Beth

Broken_Winged_Angel
since 2000-04-06
Posts 994
Small Town, Somewhere
10 posted 2000-11-22 06:24 AM

It's not just love that can come up and bite you...   There's a lot of stuff that still does that to me...I stumble for a bit..then straighten and keep walking down lifes road.. Best of luck to you Christopher...
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » And sometimes... it still hurts

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary