navwin » Discussion » Feelings » What Did You Accomplish Today?
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic What Did You Accomplish Today? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL

0 posted 2000-10-03 09:52 PM

Ya know how most of us tend to dwell on the negativity of our day? Well, here is perhaps a thread that will give some positive energy to the dreary grind.  Lets see if we can do this.
I've asked the question..."What did you accomplish today?"
Now lets here some answers.

I will check this in a few days.
Starting with me.

I FINALLY went to the local college and picked up, Financial Aid form, Admissions Form, and a book that has the course listings, etc.  I am going back to college, and if it takes me until I'm 35 to finish, then so be it!   I feel wonderful that I even had the drive to go there and get the necessary papers today to start thinking about the Spring Semester.  

I also managed to NOT fight with my husband today while out running errands with him.

I also managed to feel good about compliments on weight loss and my new haircut instead of feeling like someone was just sugarcoating things.

Hows that? Anyone else? I'll be interested to look at this again.    

My name isn't Baby, and I don't want to cyber.

© Copyright 2000 Jennifer - All Rights Reserved
Elizabeth
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 1999-06-07
Posts 6871
Minnesota
1 posted 2000-10-03 10:14 PM

I wrote a paper for my English class, actually a rough draft of a paper that I will go through with a few others tomorrow.

I went out to dinner with my family.

I got my psych paper back and found out I had scored nine points out of ten.

Cool topic! I'm going to check back on this one too.  

Elizabeth

Something sweet, something sort of grandish, sweeps my soul when thou art near...
hedeservesbetter@hotmail.com

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
2 posted 2000-10-03 11:06 PM

What did I accomplish today??

Well lets see, I couldnt wear my contacts today due to an eye problem, so I wore my glasses. I guess I accomplished that with or without glasses I am beautiful no matter what anyone says. I also received compliments on how good I looked in them which made me feel alot better about wearing them.

Lets see. Hmm what else did I accomplish. Well that I have friends that might not invite me everywhere with them but they are still my friends. And I finally got to hang out with my near distant best friend after not really talking for awhile.

And I know of one more. That even though my boyfriend is thousands of miles away from me, he will be there for me in any way he could. (Right now I am keeping a journal on my feelings with him being gone. And letting out some things in it is really helping me. As if he is right there listening to what I have to say.)

This was a really good topic to bring up. And I didnt even think of anything that I accomplished today. If you consider what I said an accomplishment.

~*Love is sometimes like a rose. Beautiful in the beginning but dies in the end.*~

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
3 posted 2000-10-04 06:50 AM

Well, after about 40 man-hours of input and analysis, my assistants and I finally finished a 10 page spreadsheet with the most complicated mineral owner splits I've ever seen, and got the whole thing to balance! We were shouting and running around the office like kids at Christmas! We're going to frame this one, literally!!!
JP
since 1999-05-25
Posts 1343
Loomis, CA
4 posted 2000-10-04 09:32 AM

I finished my newsletter assignment! (a tad late, but it is done - until the editor rips into it that is...)

I woke up alive this morning... great accomplishment and a good start to the day!  I hate it when I wake up dead... really sucks.

Yesterday is ash, tomorrow is smoke; only today does the fire burn.
JP

Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so.
B. Russell

Horizon
since 2000-10-04
Posts 51

5 posted 2000-10-05 04:57 PM

Hmmm, what did I accomplish today?
well, I spring cleaned the entire house....Okay so I'm a little late..
Shampoo my carpets...there white now not gray.!
And last but not least made it to work without being late.  
hmmmm maybe tomorrow I will accomplish more.

Moon Dust
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 1999-06-11
Posts 2177
Skelmersdale, UK
6 posted 2000-10-06 02:27 PM

I finally got another job And I quit my old one that I hated oh so much. Is what I did today

Sometimes you have to let go and move on,
But never let go of the memories.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » What Did You Accomplish Today?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary