navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Prob with my best friend
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Prob with my best friend Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
One Who Understands
since 2000-01-20
Posts 251
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

0 posted 2000-06-30 01:46 AM

Recently my best friend and I have not been spending a whole lot of time together because he is involved with his new girlfriend.  My friend is 18 and she is 28.  He lives with his parents still (just graduated) and she is married with 2 children.  She has been extreemly sexually active in the past and is involved with 5 years of experience in witch craft.  She is basically teaching what she knows.  And they are constantly having sex.  My friend tends to get obsessed with new girlfreinds.  And I am afraid he is going to far with this one.  How do I tell him that this isn't right?  Do i tell him?

© Copyright 2000 One Who Understands - All Rights Reserved
DJLI
since 2000-06-21
Posts 237
TN, USA
1 posted 2000-06-30 03:01 AM

two things i know for sure..
one: if she was worth anything, she wouldn't cheat on her husband.
two: i have some knowledge of the craft, and one major rule is that you don't mess with other peoples lives if it will effect theirs or your in a bad way.
tell your friend your feelings.

-if you don't like the message, don't kill the messenger.-

X Angel
since 1999-11-07
Posts 1521
Oregon
2 posted 2000-06-30 01:37 PM

I think speaking your mind with a friend is ok, if it is done in love. Just tell you him you care and are worried about him, don't trash the new girlfriend, because that could end up alienating your best friend from you. And be there for him, unconditionally, and make sure he KNOWS that.

[This message has been edited by X Angel (edited 06-30-2000).]

MagnoliaBlue
since 2000-05-12
Posts 367

3 posted 2000-06-30 07:50 PM

About that major rule for witch craft ...

~~two: i have some knowledge
of the craft, and one major
rule is that you don't mess
with other peoples lives if
it will effect theirs or
your in a bad way.~~

It really depends on whether
she is a good or bad witch.A
bad witch won't care if it
effects yours or his life
negatively or not!

True friends ought to be
able to discuss anything.
I would tell him how I feel,
but the others are correct...
DO NOT trash the girlfriend...
you could lose your friend
just from that.

MagnoliaBlue

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
4 posted 2000-07-01 07:11 PM

I agree!  Don't trash the girlfriend, just tell your friend you miss him heaps and you'll always be around, if he wants a friend or to talk etc.  If he has any sense he'll note it all and remember.  
Tis hard when you see them making mistakes but cannot really help....

I'll tell you this...... No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.....
~Isis~
(Goddess - Sovereign of the Spirit)

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
5 posted 2000-07-06 10:40 AM

I won't even go into what I think about the 'craft.'

I would tell him just how you feel. Most people hear what you say, but don't often heed it. There are those things in life that you just have to learn the hard way.
I know I've been there, not in this particular way. But being told what I was doing wasn't right, and I didn't listen.

Let him know you're concerned with the way things are going. Just be there, be a friend, cause sooner or later it will come to an end.

And know this, witchcraft cannot hurt anyone when God is our protector  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Prob with my best friend

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary