navwin » Discussion » Feelings » feelings
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic feelings Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
zippi
since 2004-03-31
Posts 56
California

0 posted 2004-12-27 05:15 PM

I feel as though I've been here before
And yet I'm locked outside the door
Why I wonder, should it be
That no one wants to hear from me?
Am I not made of flesh and blood
Just as I'm sure, are you
Why than do you shun my light
Does it not shine as true?
Let me in, I beg of you
Let my voice be heard
I flutter just outside your door
A lonely winter bird.
Rene`

© Copyright 2004 Rene` - All Rights Reserved
ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....
1 posted 2005-01-02 01:14 PM

"I flutter just outside your door,
A lonely winter bird"

I like those lines, but the whole thing is really pretty
Lizzie

"Time has told me not to ask for more, one day our ocean will find its shore" ~Nick Drake

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
2 posted 2005-01-02 02:16 PM

How strage a coincidence - I have chickadees sitting on everything possible staring at me outside my window, wondering where I put their feeder, and then I sat for a second before putting it back to read this?  

Anyway, it is a lovely verse, and really wish it was posted in Open so others could read it.  Beautifully done!

Carpe' Diem

Susan
Member Ascendant
since 2004-03-27
Posts 5104
walking the surreal
3 posted 2005-01-07 10:37 PM

I remember this from long ago - the feeling of being outside - wrote a lot of poetry about it when I was young - then I discovered, I had to become comfortable within my own skin first - before I was willing to let others in - ironic, but I think I was the one keeping others out by my feelings of not being good enough - thank Heaven for the years of passing and growth and coming in to my own skin -

Hugs - this is well understood - I too think it would do well in open -

Susan

Every action generates a force that returns to us in like kind . . . let us choose compassion and love

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » feelings

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary