navwin » Discussion » Feelings » What is hate?
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic What is hate? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
silhouetted
since 2004-01-30
Posts 537
New Zealand

0 posted 2004-12-23 01:49 AM

hate. we all say it at sometime, but what is the true meaning of it? i'd like to know, since i seem to be using the word a lot.

what is hate?

you're the only one keeping me alive

© Copyright 2004 L - All Rights Reserved
Huan Yi
Member Ascendant
since 2004-10-12
Posts 6688
Waukegan
1 posted 2004-12-23 02:11 AM

When the only thing
in opposition to killing
is the law or moral code.

RSWells
Member Elite
since 2001-06-17
Posts 2533

2 posted 2004-12-23 09:13 AM

The abandonment of love and pity. It's a cancer. Even if the object of hate is aware of his/her focus it still gnaws at the haters inside. Unless some serious (read dangerous) individuals are its target then it is better to be hated than hater.

"We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another"
                -Jonathan Swift 1706

BluesSerenade
Member Patricius
since 2001-10-23
Posts 10549
By the Seaside
3 posted 2004-12-24 01:55 AM

To me, hate is a form of insecurity, and even worse if we allow it to fester.  It's  almost like taking the easy way out, so long as there is someone to blame. Perhaps because it is less painful than wrestling with ones own empathy and ideals in order to fogive and make their peace, given time.  On a personal level, no matter how often I hurt, and/or feel hated by others,  I refuse to let that kind of emotion come into play, or play me if you will.    

Hate is bitter!!  

Ladycat
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 1999-07-05
Posts 782
At the edge and a doorway,TX
4 posted 2004-12-24 07:44 AM

I honestly believe that hate is one of the most horrible emotions that one could possible have. I don't think that you could really be that upset with anything in life that you could hate it though. You might just dislike it immensely and then you get over it.

But that is just me..

Love,
Ladycat

Insanity in individuals is something rare but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.-Friedrich Nietzsche

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

5 posted 2004-12-24 02:08 PM

Take anger, fear, and pain and braid it, and you've got hate.

My therapist surprised me once though, when I told him that I hated my husband, he had replied,

"Well then there's still hope."

I was confused, but he explained:

"Hatred isn't the opposite of love. Apathy is."

and on that weird note, Happy Holidays, I guess.

Susan
Member Ascendant
since 2004-03-27
Posts 5104
walking the surreal
6 posted 2004-12-25 11:52 PM

Hate is one of the most powerful words and as such should be used only upon occurence of utter distaste and unacceptability of an action or person -

To me, I hate abuse and crimes committed against children - I hate cruelty and sadism-and yet, perhaps intollerance would be better, for hate seems so extreme as it can cause great damage to your own soul if such a feeling is allowed to thrive.

I guess to me, Hate is never casual, and because of such, it is a word that is not allowed in our home by our child, for at 9, I would hope she has yet to find anything that deserves her hatred.

Ah, but a shallow ripple, this, in a matter of deep consideration -

Susan

Happiness isn't something that happens to you, it's created from within you.  Joy is a state of mind.

zippi
since 2004-03-31
Posts 56
California
7 posted 2004-12-27 05:26 PM

Hate is a basic human feeling
It can, if strong enough, keep one alive, change or cause to change the wrongs that exist in the world around us.
Hate can alter man's destination,for the bad...of course, but also for the good.
Hitler was so hated that he was destroyed, freeing millions of tortured people.
Hate should not be harbored nor should it be denied. It should be used as a natural form of unstoppable energy. It's okay to hate,it's what you do with that emotion that really matters.
Rene`

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » What is hate?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary