navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Abuse And Other Evil
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Abuse And Other Evil Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....

0 posted 2000-04-24 06:12 PM

Hi Passions People!

It being child abuse prevention month, I have read many poems about it in the forums. Why do people inflict such evils upon children? Do previously abused people have a tendency to abuse their children? It has gone on and on and on for so long, will we ever break out of this viscious cycle of abuse and more abuse? I think I may come over as ignorant on this topic...blissfully so....my question is why, why does it keep on happening? Also, is there a way to eradicate it altogether?

Why is there so much evil in our world? There are countless types of crimes being comitted all the time all over the world...will it continue to get worse before it gets better? How many ways mankind has thought of to persecute his fellow men. How will all the crime ever be eradicated? Will mankind always be looking over their shoulder and trying to find ways to safeguard themselves, their families and their homes? Will we ever truly be safe?

What do you all think?

Love and hugs to all,
Lizzie

"Poetry is the true expression of my soul, it is my ultimate means of communication. It is my rainbow of delight."

© Copyright 2000 ESP - All Rights Reserved
Danny Holloway
Member Elite
since 2000-01-15
Posts 2034
Tulsa, OK
1 posted 2000-04-25 10:56 AM

Hello Lizzie,
Well, if I had the answers to your questions, I would be the smartest man on earth. Child abuse has to be one of the worst behaviors of a person that exists. Personally, I believe some people are not parent material.  In every state a person must take a test to get a drivers license but there is no test to see if a person would be a good parent.  So, many children are born to people who are irresponsible and incapable of being a loving, caring parent, especially during the difficult first 18 months or so when a child is so dependent on the parent for all its need.  Some people are just plain cruel or bad and will abuse anyone in their path.  How do we keep people like this away from children???
Our laws have to be tough and good people must speak up and do whatever is necessary to try to protect all children.  It is not an easy battle but one that must be continually fought.
The second part of your question is even more difficult.  Evil is out there and always will be as long as evil men are in positions to control others, as long as good men allow evil to exist by turning their heads, and as long living standards are different and those that have not are willing do whatever necessary to have what they can steal or forceably take.  Crime will never be totally eradicated in a society or world where money or material possessions are the yardstick of personal worth or value.  There are some countries where crime is very low.  If you look at these societies, you will find that punishment for crime is swift and severe.  Is this what is necessary to reduce or eliminate crime???  In the United States, it seems that the criminal has more rights that the victum.  Criminals do not fear the legal system because it is not punitive enough.  It merely breeds more violence and more criminals.
So what is the answer???  Well, I never professed to be the smartest man on earth, just someone with an opinion, and you have just heard it.
If none of this makes sense, feel free to ignore it.....
Lizzie, if more people asked the questions you asked and were willing to do something about the problems and not worry about being policically correct, we would have a safer, happier world.
Best wishes to you...
dh

ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....
2 posted 2000-04-25 11:23 AM

Danny, thanks for replying to this and sharing your opinion with me...much appreciated.
What other opinions are there out there in Passions? Please share...

Love and hugs,
Lizzie

"Poetry is the true expression of my soul, it is my ultimate means of communication. It is my rainbow of delight."

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Abuse And Other Evil

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary