navwin » Discussion » Feelings » not a poem but needs to be said :o)
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic not a poem but needs to be said :o) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
pharon
since 1999-11-13
Posts 251
alabama

0 posted 2000-03-28 06:02 PM

don't you ever wonder why we are all here, what it all means, or why we even care? sometimes it all seems so pointless. i've lived my life with no direction or purpose. Blindly going day by day hoping not to be made out a fool.  i see my life flash before my eyes, and it only takes a second. then i realize i've made nothing of my life. i start to think:  if only i had paid attention, if only i had given it back, if only i had said no.  What good is that? "if's" only lead to more "if's" and then i'll start living my life in the past. i've done what i've done and can't change any of it.  now its too late to think back and too soon to look forward. i have to look NOW and do what i can.

sorry it's not a poem - but i just needed to get that off of my shoulders and you guys are the best listeners i know.  thanx

Pharon, I am going to move this over to feelings, where it is better suited and should get some more replies.  Please head over there to continue this.     

-- pharon --

© Copyright 2000 maria g robinson - All Rights Reserved
LyricFetish
since 2000-01-13
Posts 528
North Carolina
1 posted 2000-03-28 06:17 PM

Hey, just because you didn't break this down into little lines doesn't mean this isn't a poem. I heard some poetic phrases in there. I hope you will keep trusting us to listen to you. Did you ever read the poem called 'Do You Believe in God?' that someone posted in here a while back? It's very true.
JOY 14
since 1999-09-22
Posts 1419
Wisconsin USA
2 posted 2000-03-29 09:51 PM

Pharon,

I'm certainly not one to be giving out as profound advice as to reply to this!  So I won't because I'm still young and don't know much about life.  

I have experienced your feelings though. Why live when you feel defeated and like all you make are mistakes?  I've asked myself these questions.

The only thing I suggest telling yourself, as I tell myself, is keep living for the good moments.  They are there, even the smallest things...and also one thing I have learned is to live in the present and take things for what they are, good and bad.  

Well, I hoped I helped a little.  Smiles for you.  You deserve them!       

Joy

Danny Holloway
Member Elite
since 2000-01-15
Posts 2034
Tulsa, OK
3 posted 2000-04-01 11:55 AM

The meaning of life??  That question has plagued man for generations. Could it be that the meaning is in the existence literally? Life is a journey we take, that is unlike any other, because there has never been anyone else with your mind, personality, unique expression and feelings.
I find that life is like a mirror, it relects ourselves back to us.  If we show a positive outlook, we attract positive experiences and people respond to us in a more positive way. The world is neutral, meaning that life is what we make it.  Noone owes us anything and what we achieve in this life comes from what we strive for.  Yet, ultimately, what matters is what is in our heart, the capacity to love and be loved, to care about the things that money won't buy and to accept our blessings without questioning fairness.  We live in the best country on the face of the earth and we have access to opportunity that millions of people in other countries can only dream about.  We have only to dream and take action to make those dreams come true. Of course, there are bad turns in life, but there are good turns also.  The key is to not let the bad turns or controlling people stop us from achieving our goals.  You have to believe in tomorrow, that it holds promise and know that you have the strength to make life whatever you want it to be so that in our final days, we can say that life was beautiful because we faced it with with open eyes and a kind heart.
Strive to be happy, and be thankful for each new day.
(well there's my spin on it all)

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » not a poem but needs to be said :o)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary