navwin » Discussion » Feelings » If you could make a wish, what would it be?
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic If you could make a wish, what would it be? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
WhisperingWind
since 2000-03-02
Posts 28
Ontario, Canada

0 posted 2000-03-03 08:16 PM

If you could make a wish, Doesn't matter how big or how small, what would it be?

My wish would be to have peace on earth for everyone. To have the world clean for our children to play in.  For everyone to respect one another.  
I don't want a million dollars, or a pony to ride on, All I ever want is for everyone to feel happiness in thier lives and not to fear others around them.  
And personaly, I don't think it's that much to ask. Unfortunatly The problem is not from the one who hears our wishes. Not God nor the wishing starz or sun and moon, can fix this problem.  The problem is within all of us.  
I wish everyone would work together and make this world safe for us, but I know that not everyone will find peace. Not everyone will work together. Just as long as some of us are working on it, then I don't see why it won't change later down the road of life.
I want to thank everyone who cares about others, and I know we all do, but all of us don't realize that they have the power too.
I want to send out hope to everyone, that peace is around us, even with rage around us.  Just as long as you hold peace within you, then anything is possible.  I have seen people with so much hate, turn into the most gentlest, kindest people I know.
Please don't give up on those who fear, you can help them just by being there.

Your friend to everyone,
-WhisperingWind
The wind that carries our whispers of wishes, high above the stormy sky, making sure the starz hear each and every one that crosses by.

© Copyright 2000 Alana Rain Turcotte - All Rights Reserved
HM3
since 1999-07-15
Posts 169
TX
1 posted 2000-03-03 10:57 PM

I would wish for others to have more "joy", which BTW was my celery wish. I wished that my friend would experience more joy. I believe happiness comes from within. It's internal but, joy? Joy is an external force and around us all. We just need to have the right perspective in the moment otherwise it brushes us and goes unnoticed. So if you are happy (and only YOU are responsible for your own happiness), and there's a lot to be said about happy, you will be more in tune with the joy around you. Think about it, if you have just lost your job or have some other crisis (just a for instance) and you look at the stormy sky, it would be likely you, in that perspective of that moment would see only the dark clouds even if a giant rainbow was overhead. You wouldn't likely be receptive to the joy of children laughing, flowers blooming, birds singing, etc.
There is so much pain in the world and people lose the clarity of the lessons learned in their life's journey. If there were more joy, there would be more reasons for us to make better choices. Better choices would make us collectively happier and healthier.
Yes, if I had one wish, I'd wish you joy, because I know I can't make you happy.

Work like money doesn't matter, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching...

Danny Holloway
Member Elite
since 2000-01-15
Posts 2034
Tulsa, OK
2 posted 2000-03-07 02:52 PM

I enjoyed reading this piece.  A single wish, what would it be?  Not a selfish one for me, but one that would allow me to make a difference in a world that has so many distorted influences.
You certainly got me thinking.  Maybe that wish would be that this world had a lot more people in it like you.
....to HM3, enjoyed your write as well. The last line, a wish for Joy, and not happiness. Interesting thought!

PhaerieChild
since 1999-08-30
Posts 1787
Aloha, Oregon
3 posted 2000-03-07 03:41 PM

I have so many wishes from the spectacular to the very mundane. I wish that people were kinder to each other and have more empathy rather than apathy. I wish joy for all mankind in all seasons and circumstances. I wish children were easier to raise and the ones raising them were happy with the task. I wish child molestation was never...just never. I wish people could fulfill all their dreams and reach all of their goals. I wish I had red hair that didn't come from a bottle. I wish all couples could understand the word commitment. I wish peace, joy , happiness and love to all.

Poetry~ Words falling on paper, painting a dream.

Shawna R. Holder
Boise, Idaho

White Wolf
since 1999-09-18
Posts 371
Somewhere in the vast wasteland
4 posted 2000-03-08 12:28 PM

My wish would be for everyone to comunicate better.  The keys to peace lay in effective communication.

If dying is the process of living life to its end.
Then what is living?

StarrGazer
since 2000-03-05
Posts 679
Texas
5 posted 2000-03-08 04:47 PM

Hmmmm one wish, will have to think about this one ... warning it will probably be selfish hehe ... Get back to you soon
*~*
You all seem to have  such unselfish wishes I'm proud of you all it is not easy to put someone before yourself   now I have to go contemplate my wish  wouldn't want to waste it on anything petty or trite

~*Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear*~

JOY 14
since 1999-09-22
Posts 1419
Wisconsin USA
6 posted 2000-03-10 09:27 PM

One wish.  Probably very similar to what you said Whispering Wind.  You are so right.  I agree with everything you said!  World peace would be a great wish! Hope it comes true one day.

Joy

StarrGazer
since 2000-03-05
Posts 679
Texas
7 posted 2000-03-10 11:13 PM

LOL I have it ... I figured it out I'd wish that I could have a zillion wishes so that it wouldn't matter if I wasted the first one on selfish things ... Can you wish for wishes???

WhisperingWind
since 2000-03-02
Posts 28
Ontario, Canada
8 posted 2000-03-11 08:04 AM

A zillion wishes. I like that one. If you have just one wish, just by making a wish for a zillion wishes, gives you all the wishes you could ever want.     

Hmm....but even with a zillion wishes, I think I would still just use them all on making peace for everyone.  Cuz making just one wish for peace on earth, that is just not enough to make it happen.  
...I would really like for people to start sharing also.  I think about this all the time. If people would just share food, water, medicine, clothing, and help to build more shelter for others without, that would be the start to peace.  I hate this whole thing of having to have money to buy what you need.  Why can't we all just share everything equaly around the world to everyone? That way no one has anything more then the other.  And that way there won't be so many sick out there.  
...some people say that wouldn't work. But in my mind I think it would.
I don't believe people should try to be better then others. That is selfish!  I believe people should try to help others, and give what they can.
It's not the money or big house and fancy car that makes someone better then another.  A poor person without money, shelter, or anything... if they have a warm heart, if they care for everyone else and wish for peace, that is what makes a person better.  That is what makes a person rich.  
Not the money, just the heart.  
Think about it!  I do all the time.

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

9 posted 2000-03-11 04:57 PM

Well, first I would wish for the hatred that so many people seem to have in their hearts to be destroyed, and if I could have a  second wish, it would be for someone to love me. Not like my parents or anyone who HAS to love me, I want someone to love me to show that I'm worth loving, and for me to love them back...

So, there's my wishes. Oh, yes! I would also like a new red Volkswagen beetle!   hehehe

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world"

StarrGazer
since 2000-03-05
Posts 679
Texas
10 posted 2000-03-11 06:34 PM

I thought to wish for an unselfish thing
But to myself this questions bring...
If we could have anything we wished for
Would that not leave us wondering if there was something more?

AngelDust
since 2000-03-08
Posts 30
Minnesota
11 posted 2000-03-12 09:31 PM

If I had one wish, It would be that a "specail someone" would start to feel better.  Lately, my girlfriend has been not feeling the greatest.  I try my hardest to help to cheer her up, but it doesn't always work.  She means the world to me, the most important thing I have ever had in my life, and to see her the way she is now, it heartbreaking.  I would give anything in the world to have her feel better, and to get well as soon as possible.

-Jeff Moen-

"I'll lay around and wonder why you were always there for me" - Sugar Ray - Someday

Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments
12 posted 2000-03-12 10:19 PM

If I had one wish, I would wish that the hearts of everyone would always be filled with love.  I've found that in my life, the one thing that's kept me going when I thought I'd for sure fall into the darkness, was love.  It is a phenomenal, world changing emotion, and my wish is that everyone should be blessed with it in one form or another.

Jeff- Thank you so much, my love.  I'm sorry I've hurt you lately.  I'm trying my best to feel better though.  And you help more than I think you'll ever know.  

*Krista Knutson*

I do this so this world will know that it will not change me....-GB

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » If you could make a wish, what would it be?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary