navwin » Discussion » Feelings » deleting our feelings (what do u think
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic deleting our feelings (what do u think Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
just_another_fe
since 2000-02-05
Posts 483
MICHIGAN

0 posted 2000-02-20 09:09 PM

im just curious to know....im having a small battle with the monitors right now can u guyz help me out? do you think if they are going to delete out feelings that should tell us about it or let us know why? what was wrong with it? i dunno maybe it is just me that thinks that they should????? am i wrong in thinking that???? i dunno im asking for you help guyz please let me know what you think
© Copyright 2000 Angie - All Rights Reserved
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
1 posted 2000-02-20 09:29 PM

There is no battle.  We are concerned first and foremost for the safety of our members.

We will do whatever we must to ensure that people with malevolent intent are not allowed to affect our poets with their malice. This protective fold includes you, just_another_fe.

[This message has been edited by Nan (edited 02-20-2000).]

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
2 posted 2000-02-20 10:06 PM

JustAnother~
I'll respond by saying that I didn't read whatever you are referring to ...
however, I do trust the judgement of the moderators of this fine site to look out for and protect the interest of ALL the poets who live here.

If they made a decision ... I'd have to
believe that it was made in the best
interest for the site.

Their wisdom and their compassion is
well-known by this lady personally.  
I hope you will attempt to understand that they are here for ALL of us.
Bless you and have a nice evening.
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
3 posted 2000-02-20 11:41 PM

This lack of communication is entirely my fault, I'm afraid. When the truth about Wizzard arose, it was discussed in the Moderator's forum and - for fairly obvious reasons - things discussed there are deemed private. No Moderator would break a confidence, just_another_fe, so I suspect your questions left them in a very uncomfortable position. I apologize both to you and to our Moderators for leaving this issue in "private mode."

Privacy is a big issue, though. We don't have a whole lot of rules at Passions, but we do have a few. And where there are rules there will be people who break them. Sometimes out of ignorance of the rules, sometimes out of anger, and sometimes just out of spite. Often the infractions are public simply because everyone else who posts here can see them. But it's always been our policy to not make them public when they don't have to be. No one wants to have a finger pointed at them.

To be frank, it's a bit of a fine line the Moderators have to walk. On the one hand, we always want to be open and honest to all of the Members of Passions. But we still need to respect everyone's privacy. If you wrote a post asking if so-and-so was really sleeping with such-and-such, that would be a very obvious invasion of privacy and your posts would be deleted. Quickly. It may be less obvious that asking why someone was banned from the forums is just as much an invasion of their privacy. But it is, and we generally won't answer the question, and certainly not in public without good reason.

Suffice it to say that Wizzard was banned for very good reasons, and for the safety of all our Members. Such drastic measures are rarely taken at Passions, and never taken lightly. But sometimes they are necessary.

just_another_fe
since 2000-02-05
Posts 483
MICHIGAN
4 posted 2000-02-21 11:14 PM

this is exactly what im talkin about i responded to this the other night where did it go? u guyz deleted it again! this is why i am mad!lemme repost it.

ok let me ask not to be mean but...can you guyz read???? i asked if  our feelings are deleted dont you think we should be notified or given a reason as to why? and on top of it all my problem is not with you banning wizz maybe your right and you had reasons but read my question that is not my
problem!

NAN: please stop reading my stuff the only thing you are doing is frustrating me and makin this situation a lot worse! how was my poem harming anyone? its not

MARGE: read the question please i also believe that when banning wizz they were thinking of saftey but that is not what i asked  

RON: you also have failed to answer my question. did u read the 3 poems
that were deleted? im curious because in none of them did i ask  if he
was
banned i know he was i talk to him.

to all 3 of you could you please 4 get about wizz for a second and
actually read the question that i have written thank you -angie

[This message has been edited by just_another_fe (edited 02-21-2000).]

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
5 posted 2000-02-22 12:04 PM

Please excuse me - because I sure don't intend to be mean, either - but were you on this planet last night, Angie? I mean, it was President's Day Eve, not New Year's Eve, so ya got no excuses!   LOL

Angie, this message wasn't posted to this thread last night, and it certainly wasn't deleted from this thread. Uh, you sent this message to PdV through ICQ mail, rememeber? And she forwarded it to me. Ring any bells, yet? And I answered it. You do remember my answering it, right?  

Please, Angie, put the cap back on the bottle and go write some poetry. It doesn't even have to be in that order...  

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

6 posted 2000-02-22 12:19 PM

Just-another-fe, no offense, but I don't like the way you are speaking to people here.

Perhaps you feel your question hasn't been answered but perhaps asking in a friendlier way might yield better results - I know it can be frustrating sometimes, waiting for others to respond, but it is just life!

Here is a smile for you.

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
7 posted 2000-02-22 12:51 PM

Angie, you sent that last post to me and I forwarded to Ron as you seemed so upset.

Let's get some things straight ok? You were kind enough to be honest with me on ICQ last night. Can you be that way now, here?

First, you've had an apology about your posts being deleted without telling you. As you know now, Nan was the only Moderator on the forums at that time and was quite busy.  

Second, you reposted a poem today called Frustrated. It was not removed or closed. So you're allowed to have your say.

Third, since this started over an email I sent to Wizzard, perhaps I should bear the brunt of your anger. Several of our members were having a hard time viewing the site, one of the possible reasons was the amount of graphics used. I contacted a few members who use them most and asked that the stop. In doing so, I discovered Wizzard was linking to a site that does not allow links to the graphics. He would have been in big trouble from that site as I said. He then became angry and threatened to delete himself. Since I was involved, I can tell you this. But because we guard the privacy of each member, even Wizzard, nothing more will be said here about this issue. Please see Ron's email for further information.

Fourth. Lay it on the line. What's the beef? you don't have a say? You just did! You are being deleted? You aren't today!

We've apologized profusely. What more can we do?

[This message has been edited by Poet deVine (edited 02-22-2000).]

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
8 posted 2000-02-22 07:53 AM

BUT WAIT!!!

Jumping up and down flailing arms here.....

I'm confused why everyone is apologizing for my "not communicating" with just_another here...

I distinctly recall emailing her at least THREE TIMES that night. I also made two comments on her posts - one directing her to speak with administrators on her questions, and the one in this thread...  I do believe that constitutes communication - at least in my book...

So let's see - what can I do to satisfy just_another today... Ah, yes - stop reading her posts... If I do that, though - won't I be remiss in my moderator duties?... I'm sooooo confused here... I'll have to work on that one a bit... How to be a moderator without moderating... I'm thinking - I'm thinking...

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
9 posted 2000-02-22 07:58 AM

Ok...then I guess it's up to Just_another to tell us why she didn't respond to Nan's emails? A puzzle.........
just_another_fe
since 2000-02-05
Posts 483
MICHIGAN
10 posted 2000-02-22 11:42 PM

ACTUALLY RON I DID  POST IT HERE AND THEN I COPIED AND PASTED IT TO ICQ AND SENT TO TO PDV. I DID RESPOND TO ALL OF NANS E MAIL BUT SHE WAS NOT ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS. YES RON I WAS HERE  AND YES I GOT YOUR ANSWER. AND NAN YES U DID COMUNICATE AFTER 3 OF MY POEMS WERE DELETED AND I WAS ALREADY TALKING TO THE OTHER MONITOR. SO YES U DID EXPLAIN IT- NOT REALLY BUT IT WAS VERY LATE  ANYWAY ITS OVER AND I GOT RONS ANSWER NOW. THANX        

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » deleting our feelings (what do u think

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary