navwin » Discussion » Feelings » missing muse ?or? desperate ruse
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic missing muse ?or? desperate ruse Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Fabiani
since 2006-05-12
Posts 123
Mesa, Az

0 posted 2011-04-09 05:24 PM

Ive been trying to Exact what has kept me from writing of late. When i was younger it seemed to flow forth. Is it the passing of time and the realizations about this world that has waned my creativity? I may just need to to take a step back and remove my self from my writing...I just want to avoid being contrived. I know this is a problem that i must alleviate ultimately in my self.

© Copyright 2011 Jose Luis Fabiani Jr. - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2011-04-09 09:12 PM

Fabiani,

I looked up your last poem. It was three years ago, so we can't know where you've been posting or the questions you've been asking of yourself. But apparently, you still want to write.

So do it, already!

Passions has the room for it [or at least, I've not been given any other warning!] so go ahead, and write!

What is your question, then, other than the passing of time, and LIFE getting in your way and being responsible for every moment of your day, as so many of us are?

I challenge you, now, Sir...write a poem a day. I don't care if it is a haiku, senryu, something profound or something epic! Write, man!

And then, go forth, and share the wealth of your creations!

Fabiani
since 2006-05-12
Posts 123
Mesa, Az
2 posted 2011-04-10 01:54 PM

Thank you Sunshine for your words of wisdom. I will take your challenge it makes sense to write through a writers block, break through so to speak. I just think I had become jaded, I'm just now hitting another stride in writing. Poetry means something different to me now in my life then it once did. Im glad this community is still here it helped me through a turbulent and formative adolescence.  
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2011-04-10 04:17 PM

Good! I'm waiting.

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
4 posted 2011-06-28 09:41 PM

I find when I get over my writing slumps it comes out more violent then before

-Juju

-"So you found a girl
Who thinks really deep thoughts
What's so amazing about really deep thoughts " Silent all these Years, Tori Amos

Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada
5 posted 2012-07-19 10:05 AM

every writer on the face of the planet has to deal with writer's block. In any of the writing courses I have taken over the years, they say write through it. All the professional writers do apparently. The thing they suggest is to set aside an amount of time to write everyday and then write!! It doesn't have to be good as long as you write something. You never know, that little jaunt that just didn't work could turn into something spectacular some day.
Honeybunch
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-29
Posts 7115
South Africa
6 posted 2012-11-06 12:22 PM

Somewhere along the road of life and for many different reasons we lose our joy, our hopes, our dreams, and perhaps acknowledge the pointlessness of it all.  

Many write from the heart or perhaps more correct to say from the soul that's possessed of all those things we think we've lost.  The soul does, of course, reside in a different world and one ponders the worth of connecting again with a world so different to that which we are experiencing here.

Perhaps we owe it to ourselves to put aside this transitory world and allow the soul to have its say.  It's a question of will, I suppose, and the strength to rise above our everyday concerns.  Relax, breathe, believe, and the words will flow in the manner and form meant to be.

Just my pennies worth.
Helen      

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » missing muse ?or? desperate ruse

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary