navwin » Discussion » Feelings » A Bad Morning
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Bad Morning Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
rachaelfuchsberger
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2007-02-21
Posts 609
Las Vegas, NV

0 posted 2009-10-31 02:23 PM

I left my ring on the bathroom sink. It's samhain (halloween) which, for me, is a religious holiday because I'm Pagan, but I have to work anyway. My brother calls me as I'm on my way to work to say that our 8 week old kitten has died overnight. The only bright spot in any of this is that it's my two year anniversary of being with my girlfriend, and even THAT'S tainted because we're both working. Not to mention her breast cancer. I just hope the rest of the day goes better.

Goddess grant me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

© Copyright 2009 Rachael Fuchsberger - All Rights Reserved
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
1 posted 2009-10-31 04:29 PM

I hope you have a better rest of your day~~

M

TriumphGirl
since 2009-10-31
Posts 13

2 posted 2009-10-31 07:10 PM

Blessed Samhain to you. I truly hope the rest of your day went better.

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle" ~ Plato

Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

3 posted 2009-11-01 04:30 AM

Dear Rachaelfuchsberger,

My wife was nice enough to do a little research.  She suggested for The Susan B. Komen folks in Las Vegas that there is something called R.E.D. Rose Support Services to help with transportation and that sort of thing.  You'll want to check into this more directly, of course, at 1-702-616-7525.  

There may be some possible help with co-pay assistance through Susan B. Komen as well.  You'll need to check the details.  Try at this number — 1-866-512-3861.

The American Cancer Society number in L.V. is 702-798-6877.  I'm not sure what services you might access through them, but it might be worth checking.

At any rate, the Susan B. Komen folks should be able to help you get rides to appointments and if funds get a bit tough, they may be able to help with groceries — I'm unclear on that last part.  There is supposed to be that definite program for co-pay assistance whose number I gave above, and it's my wife, Elaine, who was able to do the research.  I'm merely passing her work (happily, I must say) along.

Good luck to both of you.

I know that the both of you are clearly non-Catholics, but it's worth passing on that Catholic Charities is often helpful in connecting people with rides and sometimes other stuff.  If you're interested, the numbers I have here for those folks are 702-385-2662 and 702-387-2291.

All my best,  Bob Kaven

rachaelfuchsberger
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2007-02-21
Posts 609
Las Vegas, NV
4 posted 2009-11-01 12:34 PM

Thanks so much, Bob. I've actually found some other resources through further research online as well, and we already utilise the Catholic Charities when we are low on food and money as they have a branch across the street from my apartment complex. Yesterday got better as it went along, but today I have a hangover, so we shall see. One day at a time.

Goddess grant me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

TNTarzan
since 2010-02-17
Posts 21
Tennessee, USA
5 posted 2010-05-18 10:29 AM

I will continue to pray for you and keep hoping things are getting better.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » A Bad Morning

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary