navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Waiting Sucks
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Waiting Sucks Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
rachaelfuchsberger
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2007-02-21
Posts 609
Las Vegas, NV

0 posted 2009-10-10 10:25 PM

The needle biopsy was yesterday. Even though they put a STAT rush on it, the earliest we will have results is Monday. Waiting is always the hardest part for me. I'm not a very patient person, and I want to know now, so I know how to prepare. Luckily my girlfriend and I have a strong support network, so even if she DOES have breast cancer, we will make it through. She has always had the survival instinct and has always been a fighter. I think the thing that is scaring me the most now, is that she is going to have to go through chemo therapy and that those treatments are going to make her even more sick, or possibly poison her. We're hoping that this lump turns out to be benign, but if it's not, we will just have to take a look at what the cancer treatment options are, and go from there. I also want to say thank you to all of you who have expressed support to me in these difficult times.

Arana Darkwolf

© Copyright 2009 Rachael Fuchsberger - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2009-10-10 11:09 PM

Rachel,

I had to look into the Feelings forum to find out what this message was about.

Please know that you and your friend are
in my prayers.

" It matters not this distance now  " Excerpt, Yesterday's Love
~*~
KRJ

Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

2 posted 2009-10-11 03:38 AM

I have my fingers crossed for you, and I wish you good luck, the both of you.  Mammography give a lot of false positives.  It is the best early screening they have right now, but it's far from terrific.  A lot of women with fibroids and fibrocystic breast tissue, which is very common, have dense breast tissue and frequently have false positives of the mammograms.  The needle biopsy will be helpful and there is no way that anybody can go through the thing calmly.  The idea is to allow yourself to be emotional enough with each other so that you can use the experience to make the bond between the two of you stronger and more resonant, so that you can vibrate with each other better.  

What use is this sort of stuff if you can't use it to help you refine yourselves?  The rest of it comes and goes, but when you can use it, the two of you, then you turn it as best you can to a refining process.

You might also do some research into the Susan B. Koman Breast Cancer people.  They're affiliated with the John Wayne Cancer folks out here in L.A. and they've done some good research into Blue Node technology for use in Breast Cancer surgery, which can really limit the extent to which it's necessary, should things even get that far.  And there's a Book by Susan Love, who's a surgeon, on breast health and breast cancer and related subjects that's very good.  I don't know how up to date it is these days, but it's worth checking out.  I think it's Dr. Susan Love's Breast Book or some such.

I hope everything turns out to be absolutely fine.  I will pray for both of you.  Good luck.

Sincerely, Bob Kaven

rachaelfuchsberger
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2007-02-21
Posts 609
Las Vegas, NV
3 posted 2009-10-11 12:50 PM

Thank you both very much for your support. The earliest we will have the results is tomorrow. The latest is next week. There's deffinitely a lump in her right breast, so it's SOMETHING, we just don't know for sure yet WHAT. I'm not a very patient person so all this waiting is hard on me. It's hard on her, too, but we're trying to take a look at it in the context that there WILL be something we CAN do, but not until we find out WHAT we're up against. In the meantime, we're researching and reading up on various treatments. My girlfriend is what's known as transgendered; she identifies more as a man than a woman and feels she was born the wrong sex. That being said, if it comes down to a mastectomy (sp?) she's going to want them to take both, if for no other reason than to prevent a reoccurrence in the left breast. In any case, we're trying to keep a positive outlook. It's just harder some times than others. All the support we've been getting has deffinitely been helpful, though. Again, thank you both very much.

Arana Darkwolf

Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

4 posted 2009-10-12 01:42 AM

Even guys get breast cancer, though it's more rare.  Do some reading on Fibroids, and breast fibroids.  There are also uterine fibroids as well, but it might be well to check the breast fibroids out specifically and see what the incidence of them may be.  They are fairly common, which doesn't mean that there isn't something more serious about.

I'm praying for both of you.

Bob Kaven.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Waiting Sucks

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary