navwin » Discussion » Feelings » How do you deal with Overflowing Emotions
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic How do you deal with Overflowing Emotions Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Fee
since 2000-08-07
Posts 381
Melbourne, Australia

0 posted 2008-10-29 06:39 PM

Hi all, it has been awhile since I posted here.
My life has taken many twists and turns and I have found myself now emotionally full.

I was hoping to find some comfort and advise from being back here with you all.

I wont go into all the details because I am sure that I would fill Ron's hard drive with my life story, but over the last 8 years I have faced the following - passing of my Mum, my Dad diagnosed with Cancer, Loss of my Grandmother, Loss of my Dads 2 Brothers, a very messy divorce wich resulted in my 2 beautiful girls moving to another state to live with their father, finding a new love that has helped repair the pain of everything and now due to family conflicts we have found ourselves strained under the pressure.

I miss my girls every second of the day, I love the new man in my life with each beat of my heart but I am finding it so hard to cope with my emotions and the pressure our relationship has come under from others.. I just dont know what to do.

I discussed the pain I am feeling about the family pressures with my partner and he is now caught between my love for him and his family and he is trying to deal with that and find some resolution.

I am hurting, confused and just want to love this man. I cant cope with any more heartache and it seems every corner I turn I am faced with something.

I know that God doesnt give more than he can handle to people but I honestly feel as though I could not get through the day, my heart is ready to explode and I can not switch of my thoughts, they keep me awake at night...

So my friends I am at a loss on where to go or what to do from here....

I would appreciate any thoughts or comments.

Thanks for listening (reading in this case)

Fee

Expressions,
are the most important aspects, they create impressions

0'.".'0  Just
((T))    Thinking
(..)(..) Of you
(```)_(```)

© Copyright 2008 Fiona Davis (was Hussain) - All Rights Reserved
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
1 posted 2008-10-29 10:40 PM

Well Fee, they say what doesn't kill us will make us stronger, but sometimes it doesn't always feel that way does it?  I think with the load that you've had to bear, if you can get some personal one on one counseling through your family doctor's referral, that is going to put you back on the path to happiness.  Sometimes we deviate from that path, and need a helping hand to find our way back.  Trust me, having been there with a similar series of losses, I know you will.  
sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
2 posted 2008-11-02 03:39 PM

All I can say is Mysteria knows what she speaks of.  She's been an angel through my rough period.  It's most helpful to have qualified unbiased coucel, which is why you probably posted here.  I opt for Christian councel, but even all of them aren't as biblically based as they ought be.

My best to you.

God bless,
    Rae

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2008-11-02 10:27 PM

Fee, I remember your early words, and I was taken up by the soul of your emotions even then.

What we take on is of our own accord; we must then balance our needs against the needs of those we seemingly have let down. I say seemingly because they will go on to be their own people, with their own problems, and while I have no knowledge of either story of what stood between you and your first husband, you must rely on faith and the fact that you and all of yours, both past and present, with get beyond this. If you must face truths, then face them with grace. If you did nothing wrong, then do not say wrong of the other; for it will 'out' in time.

Be true to what your heart needs, as long as it was not done in selfishness. Remember to step back now and then, to get a sense of what is, and to always remember that "what is" is not always about "us".

And inbetween those layers, m'dear, know that you are in my prayers.

xsaamaanthaax
since 2008-11-28
Posts 21
USA, Arizona.
4 posted 2008-11-29 04:47 PM

I can't relate to your heart ach. Dad passed two years ago, mom into drugs, grandparents passed on, life sucks. Was in foster care, group homes all my life. I'v realized my coping replacment is men. Love them, fill that space. I'v learned, it didn't work out so well for me. I got involved in so many things that I should not have. My heart still hurts till this day. Forever it will. It feels everyone in my life has left me in one form or another. I got into unhealthy habbits to cover my heart pain. I won't get into that, but the over all result in that situation is, I'm a better person now. Looking at the world as if im on top and I beleive in myself to do anything I want, beleive that I can make a diffrence in someones life. I put myself out there, and now im on my way to get a counseling degree in phycology. Half way there. The love part, trying to figure out everything with him... You said something about his family and you, choosing in between . That makes no since to me. love should not be chosen between sides. I'm not saying at all he does not love you. That's just my opinion. And i do know how that feels to. I was with a guy for two years that was helping me resolve my pain. I was in love, still am till this day. But things just got to complicated with my emotions and fed up to the point where he could not help me anymore...I hope my life experienced has made you think atleast your not the only one out there. I know sometimes what I say could make people care less. But know what? It's aworth a try.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » How do you deal with Overflowing Emotions

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary