navwin » Discussion » Feelings » does what we do really matter in the end??
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic does what we do really matter in the end?? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
butterflyluv
since 2008-02-17
Posts 2

0 posted 2008-02-17 11:18 PM

I had a really good friend pass away this morning. She was the sunshine in many peoples lives. Where ever she was there wasn't a dull moment. The way she left us is the hardest part. But my question is why is it that society wants "criminals" to change yet they aren't will to allow them to?? What I mean is the chances are very slim for a person even with the smallest record to get certain jobs, housing, school fundings, ect.........

Thus making it very frustrating. My friend lost all hope in life and took her own life.

© Copyright 2008 butterflyluv - All Rights Reserved
TomMark
Member Elite
since 2007-07-27
Posts 2133
LA,CA
1 posted 2008-02-17 11:37 PM

Butterflyluv , a very warm welcome to this wonderful site.

First, I am very sorry for you losing your friend and for your friend's hopeless choice.

I really know not the answer. But I do know a book titled from Jail to Yale. I have not read it yet.

Sigh, at least she had you as a friend.

Falling rain
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois
2 posted 2008-02-18 08:54 PM

I'm terrebly sorry for your loss and i find it very sad to take your own life for something that isnt well.. important... (i didnt mean that to be mean). It just doesnt make sense to me to me how people in society look at you. Everyones human some-of us are different but in the end we're all the same. but im sorry i do not have an answer for you my dear butterflyluv... im really sorry for your loss. And please dont think baddly of me...

~Zach~

Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

3 posted 2008-02-21 04:17 AM

Dear butterflyluv,
It is impossible when somebody you love so much steals something that precious from you and you can't scold them for what they've done or get their consolation for your loss.
It would be easier if a person could just settle on one thing to feel about this kind of stuff, but this is one of the horrible parts of the loss you've been left with.  

My experience is that people do the absolute best with what they have. It's only sometimes that's not very well.  If she hadn't loved you, though, she would not have lived as long as she did.  Your love for her is why this pain is part of her memorial.  The best folks, I think are those who understand that they've both hurt and been hurt by others and are able to love themselves and others despite that, understanding how flawed we all are.

All this stuff expands who you are as a human being, just keep noticing and doing the other things in your life that you need to do too.  They are as important as the loss.  Thank you for letting us in on this.  Yours, Bob K.

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
4 posted 2008-02-21 09:13 AM

ButterFlyLuv~
EVERYTHING matters ... in the beginning
and in the end~

Suicide is such a waste of life~

*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*The sound of a kiss is not as strong as that of a cannon, but it's echo endures much longer*~
Email -           noles1@totcon.com     

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
5 posted 2008-02-21 04:10 PM

Your post proves that she mattered, that what she did had an impact. I know that all of us impact others on an almost daily basis - that is what matters.
sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
6 posted 2008-02-21 09:58 PM

I'm really sorry for your loss.  Life can be a real struggle at times but suicide only begins problems for the hereafter.  It doesn't solve any problems here.

May God have mercy.

Rae

Talyn
since 2008-03-09
Posts 47
North Carolina, USA
7 posted 2008-03-09 06:30 PM

What does it matter in the end?
There was a quote I read and I wish I could find it but it went something like..

The world has been around for centuries, you made your mark coming into life, but once you leave it, life will continue the way it was before you came.

I know that it is very argueable but, for someone who doesnt stand out in life it applies to. You said your friend was a person that made everyone smile, well she made her mark on the ones that matter most. You, her friends, and her family. When it comes down to it, life will continue the way it was before she was here and after she left.
Im very sorry to hear she did take her life, bless you and the ones she knew.

Talyn

GBride
since 2009-07-02
Posts 538

8 posted 2009-07-07 08:24 AM

Sorry for your loss. I notice not many people are commenting part of your question. The part about discrimination against people with records. It is sad that there are some people who are so unforgiving of those who had paid their debt to society. I share your frustration  with the lack of compassion. I volunteer with the food bank and soup kitchen. The people that come to these places are not bad. They have mental and emotional problems that keep them from integrating into a normal life style. I understand your loss as I too have know people that took their own lives. You will see them again when your life is at an end.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » does what we do really matter in the end??

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary