navwin » Discussion » Feelings » An apology to men
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic An apology to men Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
voice2bheard
since 2007-10-19
Posts 591
New York

0 posted 2007-12-12 01:27 PM

Well as most of you know I wrote a poem about boys

and how they mistreat girls.

Well several men wrote back to me and said that not all guys are horrible.

And for that your right.

I'm so sorry for those out there who actually do care about how women feel and they do respect us.

Women like to be treated with respect, they like to be loved,

and most importantly they like to be heard and understood, to be able to use their voice and say what they want

thats why my name is " voice2bheard"

because I'm a young women

and I feel that all women should be heard

a chance to say how we feel and that
women can do great things as well as men,

that they are equal and can be thought as one

Kate

© Copyright 2007 Kate - All Rights Reserved
voice2bheard
since 2007-10-19
Posts 591
New York
1 posted 2007-12-12 01:30 PM

I hope you guys out there can accept my apology and can become good friends.

Kate

moondogz
since 2007-05-01
Posts 397
Great White North
2 posted 2007-12-12 02:49 PM

apology accepted...you did nothing wrong by sharing your feelings.
Falling rain
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois
3 posted 2008-02-17 08:33 PM

its okay i accept your apology. and you did nothing wrong.

~Zach~

"Nice guys finish last"

voice2bheard
since 2007-10-19
Posts 591
New York
4 posted 2008-03-10 10:31 AM

Thanks I guess that its true that not all men are alike.

Kate

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
5 posted 2008-03-10 03:18 PM

It took this to confirm that not all men are alike? Well, I'm glad that's straightened out!
soul drifter
since 2004-09-08
Posts 711
Colorado
6 posted 2008-07-17 01:54 AM

Nothing to apologize for. Some of us are certainly cruel, and many nice. Same thing with women. Nothing is black and white, there's not one gender that's all-good and one that's all-bad. We mix it up. There's no War between men and women, there's just electricity. And that some people like to be horrible to others, some people hate to be horrible to others but are anyway, and some people hate to be horrible to anyone and try to be good to everyone all the time.

This reminds me of something I had written and posted at pip a long while ago, called 'Oh! To Be A Dude' which is a sarcastic rant of a finishing-last nice guy (sorta like me) going overboard and lashing out at all the jocks and macho guys for getting all the girls. A few women responded and took it as if I was lashing out at women in general, which was never my intention. I always wished I could go back to that and set it straight, but oh well. There was a line in the poem/rant that read: "this is a faux feeling all around; pass her around like a doobie, see if she appreciates this" which someone took offense at. The thing about that is, I take offense to it too, the idea of guys using women, that was that line, and I guess I didn't make it as easy to understand as I should have. Which I myself apologize for.
Weird how we all take things, take 'em personally, read whatever our point of view into words and draw our own conclusions, which might be entirely different from the writer's intention. The internet doesn't help things, since you can't exactly express real emotion on here.
Anyway, I'm ranting, sorry.

"How do the angels get to sleep, when the devil leaves the porchlight on?" -- Tom Waits, 'Mr. Siegal'

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » An apology to men

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary