navwin » Discussion » Feelings » i dontno what to do
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic i dontno what to do Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
um_idk
since 2006-09-27
Posts 32
minnesota

0 posted 2007-04-20 12:21 PM

i dontn o what else to do i have a drunk as a mom i thought this was all over thought we were goin to start over and forget the past not relive it i have no one to talk to i dont tell my friends or anyone waht goes on at home and if i try to talk to my mom bout how i feel bout her drinkin ill get a beatin like no other i could go live with my dad but he has 7 kids and 5 are livin with him and he only has a 2 bed room house so theres really not enough room for me there i ould get my own place but i dont want to leave my brother and sisters alone with her so im like stuck here i dont even no why im writein this i just dontno what do any more i want to go out and get drunk and high again and show her how it feels to stay up all night worried

© Copyright 2007 um_idk - All Rights Reserved
Drauntz
Member Elite
since 2007-03-16
Posts 2905
Los Angeles California
1 posted 2007-04-20 12:55 PM

no matter what your parents are, president or homeless, in heaven or in hell, you have your own life journey to go. And you know what are good for yourself and your siblings and what are not.
Life forces you to be an adult then try to be one and have a talk with your mother. You may seek help from your relatives or nearby church. I believe that you are able to make the situation better. Believe yourself because you have loveā€¦ for your mother and your siblings. Be strong and take the right road. And study hard at school.
Take care.

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
2 posted 2007-04-20 06:31 AM

"I want to go out and get drunk and high again "...oh that's a great answer!( not!!!...and how do you think that will show her...by being like her???

And the fact that you say   again tells me you also need to seek some help for yourself. What good will drinking and getting high do for you or your siblings?
  If your dad is a "decent" dad and doesn't drink or do drugs you may  try to talk this over with him and see if maybe he has an answer.

Maybe there is another relative you can go to. If not you should go to a school counselor and ask for some guidance.  
Online help is not going to be of use and  getting a shoulder to lean on alone will not help you.
There are many places and agencies to go to so I would suggest you start with your dad, a grandparent, aunt or the school counselor.

M

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
3 posted 2007-04-21 01:20 PM

RUN, don't wait, for help.  I'm sorry you're in this dilemma, but you must forget worrying about what someone might think of you, and ACT.  People will think a lot less of you if you don't seek help, than they will learning your mom has a drinking problem.  You are to be congratulated for thinking about your younger siblings.  You have the ability to get the show on the road so they don't have to suffer on and on in this situation.  Please, see an administrater in their school, a councelor in yours or a concerned adult who can point you to someone able to begin the restoration of responsible living.  Hurry, hurry, hurry.  My prayers are with you.

Rae

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
4 posted 2007-04-21 01:34 PM

Hi there,

I am glad you posted here as you do need some support in what you and your siblings are going through.  We can't begin to offer you the kind of help you are needing but can sure steer you on the right path to find it.

First off, your Mother didn't intend for you to become the parent to your brother and sister, but that is what alcohol does sometimes.  I am sure she loves you all, but needs help beyond what you are able to give I am afraid.  Before this situation robs you all of your youth, I too suggest you speak to the guidance councillor at your school, or go to the local church for guidance. They are there to help you, and will.

I realize you love your mother and feel telling someone might hurt her, but by sharing your life's story with the right people you only stand to improve the quality of life for all of you, including your Mom.  It is never easy to deal with someone with an alcohol problem, and certainly not expected of a teenager to try.  My thoughts are with you in your struggle, and let us know if you get help for you, your sister and brother won't you?  Keep posting if it helps you keep your head clear and we will be here to support in whatever way we can.  

um_idk
since 2006-09-27
Posts 32
minnesota
5 posted 2007-04-24 01:51 PM

thanks for the advise maybe ill try talkin with her tonight or somethin
moondogz
since 2007-05-01
Posts 397
Great White North
6 posted 2007-05-02 05:16 PM

um_idk; sorry to hear about your "situation". I've had experience living with an alcholic. The biggest thing I learned was that 1st. It is an illness, 2nd it wasn't my fault, 3rd there was nothing I could do to make that person stop drinking. Another thing I discovered was that for every alcholic, there is a co-dependant...the best way for me to describe what a co-dependant is, is like this; when a co-dependant dies someone elses life flashes before their eyes..sounds like a joke, but it really isn't. When you focuse on the alcholics life to the detriment of your own, instead of having one sick person you end up having two. I found some level of peace by going to alanon, you might find alateen of some use...just a suggestion. Good luck and keep us posted as to how you are doing.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » i dontno what to do

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary