navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Poetry..
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Poetry.. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
patience_iago
since 2006-08-30
Posts 54

0 posted 2006-10-18 07:26 PM

Does anyone ever feel that, making a perfect poem that doesnt rhyme is harder than making one that does. I always seem to love poetry more if it doesnt have a rhyme, if it is just so beautifully written without any of those coordinating words.

"There are some days where i believe i might die of an overdose of satisfaction"
-Dali

© Copyright 2006 patience_iago - All Rights Reserved
sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
1 posted 2006-10-18 10:13 PM

Oh, yes!  I've always had the rhyming type go through my mind, so that's how I write, but I've tried writing free verse but mine  seem so choppy and far too long.  The more I tried the more I appreciate the free verse so many write so well.

Rae

hunnie_girl
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2006-06-18
Posts 2567
Canada
2 posted 2006-10-19 11:32 PM

yea i agree it it acually hard for me to write a poem that doesn't have my usual rhyme scheme and when i do it doesn't seem to sound good, it doesn't make any sense...

hunnie*

A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war and a time for peace   ~Ecclesiastes 3:8~

patience_iago
since 2006-08-30
Posts 54

3 posted 2006-10-21 06:33 PM

See for me, its so hard to find a rhyme that fits, and if the rhyme does i think it feels out of place and sounds stupid.

"There are some days where i believe i might die of an overdose of satisfaction"
-Dali

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
4 posted 2006-10-22 11:00 PM

every one has a natural way of writing.  Like I have natural meter.  I stink at stressing though.  I usually just write and it comes out. every one is different. I like metaphors. I like em allot.

-Juju

-"So you found a girl
Who thinks really deep thougts
What's so amazing about really deep thoughts " Silient all these Years, Tori Amos

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Poetry..

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary