navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Starving Myself
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Starving Myself Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
cherrys_rule
since 2006-03-18
Posts 442

0 posted 2006-09-05 06:50 PM

I started eating alot, well enough to fill myself.
People think I'm beleamic, just throw it back up. Yeah let me tell you... No, I'm sorry I'm not like you. I don't want to be a model, I don't want to be like you. Instead I rather sit here and eat a little then waisting what God had created.

You can keep on telling me that I need to start eating. If I wasn't eating then why the hell am I still standing? I'm eating, why can't you see?
I'm sorry that you see it in a different way, but i'm still gonna do what you hate!

(Im sorry but that's what i keep on hearing from my older sister and my friends and im getting sick of it. i know this isn't really a poems but it's how i feel and i know that i could do alot better then whats up there.)

cherrys_rule

* you might have scars all over your body, but what about the ones engraved in your memories*

© Copyright 2006 cherrys_rule - All Rights Reserved
iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
1 posted 2006-09-08 03:00 AM

Cherrys_rule - I hear you.  Eating disorders aren't necessarily because people want to look like models.  Sometimes, they are just about feeling in control.  Sometimes, along with the disorder, other things happen....acting out in ways just to feel "in control."  

It's all about choices.  Starving is a bad choice and there are consequences...what your body doesn't get to nourish it, your body will take out of your bones and your organs.  Boulimia...throwing up.....that actually can destroy your teeth, not to mention the many other serious problems a person does to their system.  

The body is like a car.  It needs fuel.  We can put high octane into it or we can put low octane.  Healthy food versus junk food.  When a body doesn't get enough fuel, it tends to conserve what it has...and we tend to put on weight when we do eat rather than take it off (after awhile and the older and more we do this).  Then when we do eat, because the body feels so deprived, it wants to hold onto everything it gets because it has been deprived, and that makes weight loss harder.  

The right way to lose weight is to eat properly.  One of the things that I know helps is just not to eat anything white or that is cooked with something white (white flour (gravies), sugar, starch) -- and to get enough exercise.  The really magical aide, is to drink lots and lots of water (about 8 glasses a day).  Fruit, vegetable, meats, fish, a little dairy.....it's all good and will metabolize very well if you eat enough vegetable and at least one or two pieces of fruit a day.  It really works.  Trust me, our family has battled with these problems.  

And, Cherry, the best thing to do is to see youself as you truly are -- a beautiful light with unlimited possibilities -- and not to try to view yourself like you think other people do.  

Glad you are eating....and maybe this will help you understand why others have the problem.  It's about control when a person's life seems out of control or without choices.  *smiles*

[This message has been edited by iliana (09-08-2006 05:07 AM).]

kif kif
since 2006-06-01
Posts 439
BCN
2 posted 2006-09-08 04:41 AM

Hello cherrys-rule. I'm 34 years old, and I don't eat much, either...I never have. People say to me "you're too skinny". I never say to them "you're too fat". (well, ok, I admit...once or twice, but only as a riposte!)

I didn't think I had an eating disorder, but if there's nothing exactly to my taste, I'll go hungry. I suppose it's all about *control...I actually prefer hunger pangs to feeling full-up. Keep in mind that those who eat too much have a disorder, too...

(*my particular 'disorder' is sensory. Quite honestly, I can't be bothered chomping my way through all that heavy stuff-eating to me can be a chore, when there's other, more exciting things to do with my senses. So, I've learned to love the preperation, and I make sure the food I have in house is sensually exciting as well as rich in nutrients (cherry's rule!). It works for me, I hope it helps you.)

There's an amount that you should, or shouldn't eat...remember that if your body is allowed to run on empty for too long, it will collapse. There's a fine line between having just enough for nourishment, and not enough to function. After all, there's a whole lifetime to get through, and I for one don't want to look like a wizened old crone by 50.

I've developed a pattern...I make myself eat in the mornings...I can easily forget (even as I'm cooking for others...quite often, I just sit, or potter around the kitchen, to keep them company), and if I 'get it out of the way' I can relax knowing I've had enough to keep on movin'. Plus, once I've had something, it's easier to eat later, for some reason. Like illiana says, the body's smart...it remembers!

Don't worry, but it's good you're talking about it, and remember, a lot of over-weight people will comment about 'being thin' as it makes them feel better about being fat.

ps; Illiana makes a lot of sense. If you are thinking about weight and appearance, it's worth it to look at your bread and beer and crisp (chip) intake. Personally, I doubt you'll be snacking, but if you could make sure you get all the right nutrients from the food you do take, there shouldn't be any problems.

ps; I take it the bulimia comment was a joke---?

[This message has been edited by kif kif (09-08-2006 07:12 AM).]

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
3 posted 2006-09-08 07:56 PM

I do pray your sister is just truly concerned about you and that's not all bad.  I have a second cousin who almost died her first year in college from anerexia. She spent months in the hospital to become strong enough to be released.  In the 4 years since, she's gone back to school and quit, got a job, quit, got another, quit, another, fired, another, laid off, etc.  Her mom thinks her brain is damaged due to that.  It's a very serious illness as well as Bullemia.  I'd sure worry if I thought someone had either.

God bless

Rae

Kimberly ann
since 2006-05-29
Posts 61

4 posted 2006-09-08 11:50 PM

i've never been a big eater i eat a little a lot just not when i'm in skool....so all my friends are pushing all this food on me but i'm really not hungry like sandgrain said they are just concerned about us and want us to be heathy...but they don't know we are....so they do care....try and ignore it

kimberly ann

cherrys_rule
since 2006-03-18
Posts 442

5 posted 2006-10-03 07:17 PM

I haven't really been on this site in a long time. But thanks you guys for qriting back.
angelheartbeat7
since 2006-10-03
Posts 2

6 posted 2006-10-03 09:35 PM

Cherry,

I hope you get this from me.  Listen, don't let what others say about you gnaw at you, pull you down or grain on your last nerve!  Just tell them, that is the way you were created, with a fired up metabolism.  Be sure to be chomping on some YUMMY DORITO'S when you chat with them.  Also be as calm as a cucumber.  Okay!

By the way, you need to enjoy that fired up metabolism.  You can enjoy most of the foods that they probably just have to look at and gain ten pounds.  Not all of us are so BLESSED!!!

Angel

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Starving Myself

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary