navwin » Discussion » Feelings » i don't understand
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic i don't understand Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kimberly ann
since 2006-05-29
Posts 61

0 posted 2006-07-03 12:43 PM

i don't understand...
     i feel lonely yet everyone is around. i am surrounded by people who love me but I feel hated. I feel like the only one in the room. How am I feeling lonely when so many care about me? I am so confused.  Why do I feel alone when people are around? I am sad but happy. I am angry but calm. I am lonely but content.  I am talking but thinking about different things. I am worried but happy with the way things are going. Why?  I’m not sure…yet. Feeling alone when people are around…..mmm I don’t understand.

© Copyright 2006 Kimberly ann - All Rights Reserved
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
1 posted 2006-07-03 02:46 AM

It's called adolescence.

Of course, giving it a name doesn't necessarily make it any less difficult. It merely suggests that, like all other stages in the life cycle, it will eventually end of its own accord. Indeed, when seen in retrospect, it ends much too soon. It should be savored. It must be endured. Therein lies the irony.

The good news? Your parents, your teachers, your heroes and heroines, the celebrities you watch on TV and the musicians you listen to on the radio, all of them and more have managed to survive adolescence. I did. You will, too.

The bad news? Twenty-five or thirty years from today, adolescence will likely return to haunt you yet again. Everyone will say you're going through your second childhood, but the confusion and pain will be little different. Then, as now, I suspect it's the price of growth.

I've often wondered if a caterpillar, tightly enclosed in its woven chrysalis, feels lonely, scared and confused just before it emerges as a butterfly? I know I would.

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
2 posted 2006-07-03 08:32 AM

KimberlyAnn~
Those of us who have gone through those years and feelings, (and all of us have)
know them well~
Ron pegged it right ... he is a wise man~

You will emerge from that chrysalis he spoke of and spread your wings and fly~

*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*The sound of a kiss is not as strong as that of a cannon, but it's echo endures much longer*~
Email -       noles1@totcon.com     

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » i don't understand

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary