navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Of course, of course
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Of course, of course Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding

0 posted 2006-02-25 03:42 AM

Well I lost one of my jobs tonight.  Not through any fault of my own or my employer; the company that my employers work for was bought out and of course that screws everything up and hence, my employer has to lay all her workers off.

Quite honestly, after the night I had tonight, I'm glad to be rid of it. I've done my time cleaning toilets. I've got the job at the pet store, so that's a step in the right direction career-wise; tonight as I was spending my time being numb I was of course thinking. It was productive thinking for once, too

It's not like I'm poor or without a job; I just got hired at the pet store. I was thinking of places around town I could apply and thought of this one place that sells clothes... then while we were cleaning (woo only two more weeks!!) the employment place I of course looked at there job listings and lo and behold, this place I was thinking about earlier is right there, hiring part time; I think Somebody's telling me something o.O

It's kind of a pain, but whatever, I hate cleaning up after people who are too lazy to bother picking up after themselves. I HATE cleaning toilets, that is the one thing that I will not do when I'm married. I will do his dishes, I will do his laundry if he doesn't get it too gross; I will NOT clean the bathroom, he will, and it will be spotless.

Anyway, so then we had to go driving all over town because everything was messed up with the schedule of the guys at one of the buildings. This is the fourth or fifth time I've had to go driving around town because of this stupid job. I can't GO anywhere without having to fill up on gas more than once a month.  My employers have been more than good to me but there comes a time when a person has to move on. In a way this is a blessing because it gives me a reason to go find another job.

Then, the guy that I worked with up and quit on me. Another building to do and he quit on me. He's been a creep since August, but I never thought he would up and quit on me like that. My employer's foreman (who ALSO was laid off, he's worked for her for YEARS, but he can't really be mad at her, cause it's not her fault) helped me, and I'm eternally grateful to this guy, he's so fantastic; I'm really going to miss working with these people, but at the same time I AM looking forward to the next chapter of my life.

Two months ago I would have been sunk in the depths of depression and here now I'm looking forward to the future. I think optimism is becoming a habit

I'm going to go riding tomorrow, my niece wants to go so we probably will. It'll be cold, but I need to go. I really wish I could go on my own, but I can't *sigh*

and then He created the horse...

© Copyright 2006 Rhonda Adolph - All Rights Reserved
desert-spike
since 2006-02-01
Posts 194
TX/USA
1 posted 2006-02-25 06:02 AM

I hear ya there Skyfire. Cleaning toilets does suck. I did it in a few jobs myself, and I'll tell you truly I'll stand in line at the welfare office before I ever clean another one-not my own, of course-ever again.

Maybe this is life's way of telling you, to explore another, and likely more fullfilling direction in your professional life.

You've also stated elsewhere on the site, that your prose muse is lost. Perhaps this sudden change in your life is just what you need to get you out of your trench of routine.

PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
2 posted 2006-02-26 07:22 AM

*poke, poke, poke*

~Daniel?Titus

Fighting the good fight, deployed to Iraq.

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
3 posted 2006-02-27 12:16 PM

ds-- I'm positive that this is a cue to go do something different. Perhaps it'll be reflected in my writing too :-D

Ti-- I emailed you, and you never replied, so don't you go around poking ME, mister.  :P

and then He created the horse...

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
4 posted 2006-02-27 10:06 AM

Well now Rhonda,
Life some times presents amazing opportunities. Have treated some of my best chances poorly I am thrilled at your attitude. You will do well with this chance and be better for it. AND you get to go riding. Life is truly good.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
5 posted 2006-02-27 12:24 PM

You did? I never got it. Can you do it again?

~Daniel?Titus

Fighting the good fight, deployed to Iraq.

Skyfire
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
6 posted 2006-03-01 02:48 AM

Larry:

Ti: I'll try it again, lemme know if you don't get it in the next 24 hours

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Of course, of course

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary