navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Laughter
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic Laughter Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
jody5
since 2005-12-21
Posts 876
California, U.S.A.

0 posted 2006-01-06 02:57 PM

I wanted to share somthing with you all.  Yesterday I was on my computer and it started talking.  I heard the voice and It sounded like my x-husband  I thought to myself "Oh my gosh I'm hearing voices. I've got to callmy swrink.  Then the voice stopped.  This is a laptop computer and it's brand new.  Anyways, I called my friend song and she told me it was real.  I thought I had lost my cookies! I laughed for the first time in awhile and for those of you who are interested I'm still not smoking.

© Copyright 2006 Kimberly Benton - All Rights Reserved
Cloud 9
since 2004-11-05
Posts 980
Ca
1 posted 2006-01-06 04:13 PM

If my laptop talked to me and it sounded like my x-husband........I would probably poor gas on it and burn it. lol

Scary but funny.

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
2 posted 2006-01-06 04:39 PM

that's actually funny - mine did the same thing about a week ago - i was writing an email in Outlook and went to hit "Alt+S" (the shortcut for "send") and it STARTED READING MY EMAIL BACK TO ME!

I was shocked, to say the least and it took me another twenty minutes to find out that i had accidentaly hit "Windows Key+S". Now, I have to admit that i don't know what part of the program that's from, but from a little playing around, it seems to only work in Word documents? I've been meaning to research it a little more, as the girls here can't duplicate it on their computers (it turned into a whole group session, lol).

Glad to know I'm not the only one shocked by this technological surprise.

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
3 posted 2006-01-06 05:16 PM

On a laptop, eh?  So it walks with you and it talks to you, too...  LOL  I've never experienced that, but as a kid (long,long ago)I heard music through a heating pad.  I was sick at my grandma's, so she sent me to bed with a heating pad.  When I woke up, Grandma'd left for work, so I was alone. Discovering the music actually was coming from the heating pad really made me think I was loosing my mind.

I didn't laugh until much later.  In fact, I didn't even tell anyone about it for some time.  Once I learned of someone picking up a radio station in their tooth filling, I finally felt brave enough to share it.

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
4 posted 2006-01-06 05:18 PM

Congratulations on your non-smoking new year, too.  That's a big step in the right direction!

Rae

jody5
since 2005-12-21
Posts 876
California, U.S.A.
5 posted 2006-01-06 07:33 PM

Yes cloud I just had to talk to my X about my daughters accident and it takes prayer.
Christopher,  Thanks for the input.  I am getting the cd and the microphone in the mail any day.  I ordered educational CD's in the mail, just one. Then they kept sending them to me and charging my bank account.  I took care of that real quick so to playcate me I get that one for free.  Thank you ray.  I decided not to let my love or my stress excuse me to smoke and its working.Your story touched me and reminds me of how some schirzophrenics must feel when they hear the voices that no one else hears. And I don't mean you. love kim

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
6 posted 2006-01-10 12:17 PM

When cordless telephones first came out I heard one of the kids down the street talking from my phonograph! It is a weird thing and makes one wonder when first heard.
Even before that I heard a CB radio fancier come over on the television. I found out who it was and asked him not to go on during Howdy Doody time as it was the only time my son watched Television! Wow, how long ago was that? martyjo

Cloud 9
since 2004-11-05
Posts 980
Ca
7 posted 2006-01-10 03:11 PM

J5-
I am so sorry about your daughters accident.

My x is a horrible man but I DO pray (which helps) and try and get along with him for our daughters sake.

jody5
since 2005-12-21
Posts 876
California, U.S.A.
8 posted 2006-01-15 08:58 PM

Martyjo that was a cute story too.  As for being too old we all get old but if we can laugh at ourselves we will stay young.  Heres a joke:  Do you know what I got for christmas?  You say "no" I say "Neither do I. Cloud 9 Thank you for your concern about my daughter.  She is fine just a fender bender.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » Laughter

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary