navwin » Discussion » Feelings » MESSAGE TO ALL MEN
Feelings
Post A Reply Post New Topic MESSAGE TO ALL MEN Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams

0 posted 2005-07-20 12:57 PM

Us girls like poetry.  We like songs to.  I could care less about chocolate and jewlery and all of that, because (besides my slight alergy to chocolate) It is the mere thought.  I promiss that reading poems to a girl at the very least will double your chances. This is some of the reasons

-You actually think about me.  Poems can be hard to write, but honestly it doesn't matter if it is good or not its the thought that matters.

-You think about me alot. Girls like attantion, but nothing is better then the thought of a guy adoring you all through the day.\\

-Oh! I'm pretty too! Even though I know I am pretty I still like to hear it, especailly by thoughs I love.  Like Poeple tell me my eyes are pretty but it is so much more effective if it is in a poem and the guy is like I want to look in to your eyes for the rest of my life

-I make you happy! Girls too like to know that they bring joy to the ones around them.  The greatest complement I have ever recieved was that I make every one around me happy and fell like they are the most important poeple.  most good poeple like to hear about that.

-the time and thought put in to the poem might be equivelant to figuring out her favorite flower or what not, but the thought, you see the girl gets to see your feelings and stuff like that.

So basically. another way to adore someone you care for.

(; Juju

Juju - 1.) a magic charm or fetish 2.)Magic 3.)A taboo connected woth the use of magic

The dictionary never lies.... I am magical (;

© Copyright 2005 Juju - All Rights Reserved
Huan Yi
Member Ascendant
since 2004-10-12
Posts 6688
Waukegan
1 posted 2005-07-20 02:10 PM

"Tenderness I have for good gifts, chant the women.
Sweet clothes, perfume, high heels, and brocades."

David Ignatow
Tenderness

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
2 posted 2005-07-20 02:46 PM

quote:
I promiss that reading poems to a girl at the very least will double your chances.

MESSAGE TO ALL WOMEN:

If I want to take chances, I'll do it in Vegas.

While I think role-playing games can be a lot of fun, I don't think they have much place in the world of relationships. Some men like to read poetry and that's great. Some don't. Trust me, there's women out there for both kinds. Trying to pretend your way through a relationship is a recipe for failure. Be yourself. Then, when you find someone who like what they've found, you can build something on a foundation of mutual honestly.

Unlike Vegas, a relationship shouldn't be about competition or conquests. Unlike Vegas, when one person loses, everyone loses.

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
3 posted 2005-07-20 02:52 PM

But if things do work out, Vegas does have the Elvis Chapel of Love Drive-Thru.  

Want fries with that?

Susan Caldwell
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-12-27
Posts 8348
Florida
4 posted 2005-07-20 03:22 PM

"Trying to pretend your way through a relationship is a recipe for failure. Be yourself. Then, when you find someone who like what they've found, you can build something on a foundation of mutual honestly."

If I weren't agnostic I would give a big, "AMEN"

Actors belong in Hollywood.  Not in my life.

"too bad ignorance isn't painful"
~Unknown~

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
5 posted 2005-07-20 07:38 PM

BUt That is not what I mean..............................................................................................................................................................

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look if you looked even at the reasons
That was what I was getting at.  What ever. I give up.   This is why I don't date anymore.  There are no romantics out there....... There are no gentlemen.  I mean which men in here asked for permission to kiss a girl?  Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What apity.

Juju - 1.) a magic charm or fetish 2.)Magic 3.)A taboo connected woth the use of magic

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

6 posted 2005-07-20 07:58 PM

"Girls like attantion, but nothing is better then the thought of a guy adoring you all through the day.\\"

I shudder.

Someone who goes by the name of "juju" should be more careful regarding what they wish for--it sounded a bit like you are summoning a stalker.

(Just a little advice from the Pipwitch. )

As for love? Find the passion within yourself, focus that on something outside of yourself, then enjoy the company on the journey.

Beauty is perspective, and perspective is not necessarily clarity.

And sweetie, you are indeed lovely, but don't objectify yourself. I suspect you have a lot more to offer than pretty paper and ribbon.

Love and luck to you.

Local Rebel
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-21
Posts 5767
Southern Abstentia
7 posted 2005-07-20 08:03 PM

Permission?

does this count?
/pip/Forum27/HTML/000059.html

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

8 posted 2005-07-20 08:06 PM

And he wonders why women are attracted to him...

Huan Yi
Member Ascendant
since 2004-10-12
Posts 6688
Waukegan
9 posted 2005-07-20 08:13 PM

Convicted murderers, sex offenders, have girl friends.
Explain that in your context.

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

10 posted 2005-07-20 08:21 PM

If that's directed to everyone, I could, John, but it would be like shooting fish in a barrel...doncha think?

tsk.

chuckle

...and he wonders why women aren't attracted to him.

(forgive me John, a joke? heh heh? )

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
11 posted 2005-07-20 10:32 PM

My apologies for my quirky sense of humor, Juju.  Being a guy, I was very 'romantic' 'sentimental' and 'gentlemanly' for many many years.  I have had several women give me the dirtiest looks for something as simple as holding the door for them.  You'd have thought I kicked their dog or called their squalling child the ugliest primate I've ever laid eyes one, and if they messed up and put the diaper on the wrong end.  Of course, I do have a quirky sense of humor, and an evil streak, so when one such female who gave me a very dirty look for holding the door for her, and an even dirtier remark, was coming out overloaded with packages and bags, I held the door until she was close, said 'I remember you.  You don't like doors held.' and let the door close in her face.

Ungallant?  Probably.  Doesn't mean I stopped holding or opening doors for others, being romantic, being sentimental.  I have become a bit more...selective upon who I bestow such upon.

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
12 posted 2005-07-20 10:37 PM

OK.  Your right I do have alittle problem with guys stalking me... but oh...... yeah.......  Black magic can't save me from this one eh?   Look It's just My older sister Kati had guys adore the ground she walked on and I just wanted that too.  I got the short end of the gene pool.... I am always sick and stuff... Is it wrong to fantasize? I mean c'mon.  I am comfortable with my self. I am happy with out a guy I supose.  (thinking back) But You know what!!!! IS it wrong to want a guy with strong arms and dark curly hair and who is all ready poetry .... oh wait a second.  I don't want a guy who is deeper then me.  He would figure me out. Now I know the truth I don't want a guy who is all deep and such.  I want to be the deep one.  If he is more complex then me I'll be  .... boring. And I wont let that happen.  no!

Don_Juan
since 2004-04-08
Posts 252
Far from where I am going
13 posted 2005-07-21 01:45 AM

It is quite funny that this thread has been opened and whatnot because it has been my experience that women do not care much for words written about or for them. But, perhaps, I haven't experienced enough. I can attest, though, that there still are romantics out there in the world as I am carrying that title. Most of the poets who post on this board are romantics as well.
I'm quite sure that as your fantasies continue you will find the man who will read you into happiness and adore every footstep you take.

nice use of muffin

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

14 posted 2005-07-21 09:16 AM

Juju, your a smart young lady and you have every right to wait for Mr. Compatibility to come along...and when he does, he shall be someone whom from both sides can learn from, and join as one...and it won't matter at all, if he reads poetry or not...what will matter mostly is that he is, who he is, someone who will love you for who you are, faults and all...who will go the distance being very open to a gal who has a curiosity for love and life...experience, adventure, and willing to give him her heart.

Hugs to you...be patient and wise, making Juju ready for when he arrives....(wink)
thank you for this thread

Essorant
Member Elite
since 2002-08-10
Posts 4769
Regina, Saskatchewan; Canada
15 posted 2005-07-21 12:47 PM

To tell you the truth I get the impression that you are in such haste as you seem to be overwhelming not just others, but yourself as well.  Even your comments are a bit sloppy in spelling and punctuation as if you are in a rush.

Why not slow down a bit?  

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
16 posted 2005-07-23 05:15 PM

Hey E,  I am only a teenager.  I dream and thats about it.  I am actually very picky over the guys I pick and mostly I am being funny.  This was just a thought and a silly one in that.  But it was more or less the message I wanted to convey.   The message is basically that romance is gone.  Some blame radical female feminists others blame society.  But E... i WILL ALWAYS BE A DREAMER.

-Juju

wranx
Member Elite
since 2002-06-07
Posts 3689
Moved from a shack to a barn
17 posted 2005-07-23 11:24 PM

You can stay picky and stay a dreamer. Nothing wrong there! You should!
You're very young yet, and the pipwitch does know a thing or two, so concentrate on JuJu.

The rest will happen.

More women have ducked into doorways when I walked down the street than is even funny.

And yet?

I've had the pleasure of keeping company with some beautiful, talented and brilliant women.

And been lucky enough to have had one or two love me.

Find out who you are, and others will see it.

Soulfisher
since 2005-01-07
Posts 226
where ever the fly fishing is good
18 posted 2005-07-26 06:51 AM

I have too agree with most of what everyone is saying. Unfortunatly I have to disagree with you. I hope you find a man deeper than you. If ever such a man exsist. (please dont take this the wrong way)As surely he could comfort you in your insecurites as you grow into the depths of you that are waiting to be found and more importantly used.But this all comes with time.I also have to disagree with the boring statement. If a man ever finds you boring then perhaps he is not as deep as you once thought, or you might want to check his pulse.
Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
19 posted 2005-07-26 12:45 PM

Nonono... I was really just being silly.  If I was really feeling that way at all it would come up in my poetry.  I just kinda like that were I say things and they come out the wrong way lol.   I wouldn't worry about it.  The first thing on my mind really is school. I work really hard to do well.

-Juju

Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada
20 posted 2005-08-09 01:46 PM

I am NOT a teenager any more (those who know me better not tell how far away those teen years are for me...lol)but I understand what it is that you are looking for. I want those things as well but the problem is in the looking. If you just go on with your life and meet people then the right one will come along at some time.

If he doesn't come for a while.....think of all the wonderful people have come into your life just because you took the time to get to know them.

A million guys whorshiping the ground you walk on is worth far less than an hour spent with the right guy.

Marilyn.

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

21 posted 2005-08-10 02:03 PM

I understand, sister

But a lot of guys just aren't that way, and it's not right to change them. It won't work, believe  me! But.. some guys will do that for you, so hold out

Love's a lovely lad
His bringing up is beauty
Who loves him not is mad
For I must pay him duty
-Anonymous

littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
22 posted 2005-08-11 05:56 PM

yes, listen to the witch and the yeti, trust me, they know.
Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

23 posted 2005-08-13 08:26 AM

If i may beg to differ on the ''there are no romantic men'' quote..there are..just that some of us are rarer than hens teeth to find...some good advice has been given to you here..but your own advice about school is the most sound...

Goldenrose.

Desire for nothing except desirelessness,hope for nothing except to rise above all hopes, want nothing and you will have everything.avatar Meher Baba.

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
24 posted 2005-09-11 05:43 PM

I am a romantic.

i am the man every woman is dreaming about lol

They just don't know it!!!!!!!!1

ok well, maybe that is not the case, but I sure wish it would be  

Regardless of which, I'd like to add my two cents:

Not all women love poetry and not all women love romance.  I remember when I was this idealist, this romantic, thinking TRUE LOVE is out there, my princess will come, and that women were the fruit of life.....so beautiful and caring.

Oh how wrong I was! lol

A touch of reality hit me and, sure, I'm still a romantic....I just have a different perspective on the ladies now.

They aren't all about poetry, and they aren't all about romance. If anything, women seem to be about confidence, and usually that entails some sort of "i don't care" attitude, which usually goes under a different term.

I figure, if a woman loves poetry I'll inevitably find out and reveal my little treasures to her.  Until then, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

EDIT: just read about a man asking for permission to kiss a girl?

ummmmmmmmmmmmm.......wow. That's kind of old fashioned and lame. No offense, but it's about the confidence. If a man has to ASK PERMISSION to kiss a girl, he has got his tail in between his legs and it's probably the first girl he's gone out with in a few YEARS! lol

If i want to kiss a girl, I will....and i'll do it under the circumstance that she wants to be kissed. It's called body language, little hints that signify a desire.... if you can't read this, i cry much.

Juju
Member Elite
since 2003-12-29
Posts 3429
In your dreams
25 posted 2005-09-11 07:26 PM

I supose, I am preoccupied with school, so guys are on the back burner. I kind of gave up a long time ago to on "my kind of guy" This post was actually meant to be silly.
Truthfully all I wanted was a guy with a back bone and just kind.  Would I share my poetry with him... probably not.  I have a hard enough time sharing it with friends. There are small details like simialar moral values and probably take humor to my personality.  But I am just so wierd.  It turns alot of poeple off you know.

ctowen
Member Elite
since 2001-10-18
Posts 2286
Green Mountains of VT
26 posted 2005-09-11 07:57 PM

Don't give up the idea of "your kind of guy" ... always keep that in mind. When you do finally cross the path of someone that fits a part of your romantic idea, just do a check list and see where you might be able to give or take a few things and see where it goes. Romance is NOT dead ... just needs mouth to mouth and a little CPR at times!!

... top of the list is you,
          next is a comforting life ...

then, someone to share it!

A Romantic Heart does await ....

CT

A word in hand is worth two in a hush ...  CTOwen/05

PhaerieChild
since 1999-08-30
Posts 1787
Aloha, Oregon
27 posted 2005-09-11 07:58 PM

I remember once upon a time ago (way long ago)I too, wanted a man that was all flowery and poetic. I got one and was totally miserable. Not because he wasn't a nice guy because he was. He just didn't really take the time to get to know "me". He was great at stringin' beautiful flowery words together and getting really deep in the realm of rhyme but he never took the time to deal with the real person I was.
The man I am married to can only string 3 words together but they are the 3 most important. He adores me and loves me and supports me in every decision I make as well as every mistake. And he is the perfect (at least perfect for me) gentleman. No amount of poetry or flowery speech could measure up to the "specialness" of what love really is.

He's my kind of rain.
Like love from a drunken sky.
By: Tim Mcgraw Modified by: Me

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Feelings » MESSAGE TO ALL MEN

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary