navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #8 » Is there really a God??
Open Poetry #8
Post A Reply Post New Topic Is there really a God?? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
CrazyChick
since 2000-01-05
Posts 132

0 posted 2000-06-29 12:57 PM

Is there really a God???
Is there a "god", and if there is, who is he/she/it? I haven't been able to find anyone who can give me a logical answer to this question.Everyone tells me you just have to belive this idea of "god" is true. But I can't. I can't because it doesn't seem real to me. If there really is a "god" then why is my life a living hell? If this idea of "god" is so magical, then why can't he/she/it erase all the bad in the world? Why are there thousands of people suffering in pain everyday? Why are children killing each other at school instead of playing with each other on the playground? Why are girls selling themselves in search for a love they never had but always needed? Why are fathers abusing their wives and children? why are drugs ruining families? Why is there so much pain and suffering in this world? It just doesn't make any sense. If this 'god" is so powerful, why can't he fix all this?

© Copyright 2000 CrazyChick - All Rights Reserved
douglasbailey
since 2000-06-23
Posts 27
Palmerston North, New Zealand
1 posted 2000-06-29 03:27 AM

Hi CrazyChick

I'm Douglas.  Glad to see you're not afraid to ask questions that is great!  It would take a lot of time to answer every question but I'm willing to help if I can.  Email me if you want to talk.  douglas.bailey@clear.net.nz
If you want to know more about me: I'm 22 (male! - I would hope so too with a name like Douglas) live in New Zealand.  I have been a Christian since I was 8 and I've asked a LOT of questions over the years.

Bless ya.
< !signature-->

RAAAAAAA!
Douglas

[This message has been edited by douglasbailey (edited 06-29-2000).]

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
2 posted 2000-06-29 05:06 PM

Hi Crazy Chick...I don't have all the answers but I'll give you a few ideas.
God gave us free will so we can decide what we want to do with our lives...while it is true that there are lots of terrible things happening there are also lots of wonderful things going on in this world as each one of us decide how we will live our lives.
Obviously if we decide to hate or steal or kill we will suffer the consequences of our actions and if we try to live our life in a loving way we will reap the benefits.
Now this is the part I don't understand.  Why do people that try so hard to do what is right sometimes suffer immmensely? Doesn't make sense to me.  Can you explain the theory behind that.  The only reasonable explanation I can think of is my understanding that we are all sinners..and we all have sinned...none can point the finger at another and judge them..because we are all the same.....James

Jamie
Member Elite
since 2000-06-26
Posts 3168
Blue Heaven
3 posted 2000-06-29 05:15 PM

Perhaps it is as simple as this.
Perhaps God seldom intervenes in our lives.
Could it be that He allows us to live and choose as we please without His interference?
Bad things are going to happen. These things care not whether the person is good or bad.
They simply happen. Sometimes out of the blue.Sometimes because we put ourselves in a situation that increases the chances of it occuring. I can say it no better than has been said forever and a day. IT HAPPENS.
(of course all that is just my opinion, I could be wrong)jamie
< !signature-->

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito. - Virgil.
"Yield thou not to adversity, but press on the more bravely".  

[This message has been edited by Prometheus (edited 06-29-2000).]

CrazyChick
since 2000-01-05
Posts 132

4 posted 2000-06-29 11:23 PM

Thank you for your replys.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #8 » Is there really a God??

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary