navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » what am I to do?!?
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic what am I to do?!? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado

0 posted 2000-08-24 06:44 PM

What am I to do...

When you are the only one who consumes my thoughts?
When you tell me that you care about me lots and lots?
When I know I'm falling for you all over again?
When I have so many feelings I don't know where to begin?
When I lay my heart and soul on a silver platter for you
And all you do is say "thank you"?

~*~Why is it that love always
starts with a HuG
grows with a kIsS
and ends with a TeAr?!?~*~

© Copyright 2000 Jessica Lynn - All Rights Reserved
Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
1 posted 2000-08-24 06:54 PM

jessica~~~what kind of guy would say thank you???i have done it to my boyfriend though once before...he told me I love you and I said thank you...cuz i was scared of falling in love then getting hurt...

~*~TrUe LoVe Is ThE cLoSeSt ThInG tO hEaVen~*~

Jose Marti
since 2000-07-01
Posts 374
washing DC
2 posted 2000-08-25 01:08 AM

Don't fret pryncess. Maybe I didn't see it. Maybe I didn't hear it, but, we guys don't express our real feelings much. Outwardly it may only be a thank you, but on the inside, it might mean so much more.
Jeremy Halstead
since 2000-06-01
Posts 569
Morris, Ill. U.S.A
3 posted 2000-08-25 01:30 AM

Hey Jess....the poems really interesting, especially the way it ended.  A simple thank you is something that means much more than it appears to say...it shows the due gratitude you deserve...he could have not said it at all...then what would you do.  It's gonna ber fine hun...luv ya.

Jeremy

"Time is the matter, and in a matter of that all wounds will heal and all scars shall fade."

JnR4eva
since 2000-08-07
Posts 377
Bronx, NY
4 posted 2000-08-25 01:36 AM

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..i wrote a poem with the same exact title in the open poetry forum #9 a long time ago..and as i read i am looking to see if we have parallels....hmmmmmmmm i think we do...but besides that i liked this poem a lot...when we are left hopeless by our loved one ..what ARE we to do?

"my love is my motivation
my love is my inspiration
perception of this poem
is your interpretation"
-- me

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
5 posted 2000-08-25 04:57 PM

I agree with ERIN.......
I don't understand why it's so hard for other guys to show emotions or feelings...
Why? Cause it might make them look girly.
What a sorry excuse!!!  Wait it out Pryncess.

As i wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

6 posted 2000-08-25 08:48 PM

Alright chica- Is this about your guy?  Well I'm assuming it is, but there is that slight chance it may not be about you.  Well, all I can say is I did the same thing when my boyfriend first told me he loved me, it was sort of an "umm thanks u2" then got offline(it was over the internet..obviously).  I was just totally shocked by it and couldn't breathe, much less say anything.  So maybe he's just freaked out a little.  Who knows with guys(No offense to any of you, 90% of my friends are guys and I luv em) aye?  Give him some time.  Good luck to you, talk to you soon. Hasta luego-
Bel

Jacman
since 2000-06-27
Posts 291
Dwight Il, US
7 posted 2000-08-29 10:25 PM

You just smack him across the eyballs babe.

jason

Just as soon as I belong, then it's time I disapear...
-Metallica-

Lani_DarkOne
since 2000-05-28
Posts 152
UK
8 posted 2000-08-30 05:21 PM

this is a great, but sad poem.. Some ppl just find it hard to express their feelings..but try to keep smiling,ok?  

"Controlling my feelings for too long....
And forcing our darkest souls to unfold...
And pushing us into self-destruction...."
*~Muse*~

DragonFang
since 2000-03-09
Posts 522
Missouri, USA
9 posted 2000-08-30 05:35 PM

Very well written. Sometimes it's best to move on, despite your feelings for someone, they just can't return them. This might not be the case, but, *shrugs* then again it might.

"Sa souvraya niende missian ye." \
I am lost in my own mind.

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice
From what I've tasted of desi

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
10 posted 2000-08-30 05:45 PM

I disagree with Jose Marti (a great hispanic poet...yes yes).....i think that men are just as diverse as women and therefore we're all express ourselves in dif. forms. May it be with words, body movement, or just plain silence. It all depends on who's READING the feelings. Now anyway, the poem was nice and cute. I liked it.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » what am I to do?!?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary