navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » What do you see?
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic What do you see? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley

0 posted 1999-11-21 01:53 PM

Instead of the traditional "What's your New Year's Resolution" question. Mine is going to be different. I'm putting it in here as it is not just about Feelings or Philosophy, but about life.

What do you want to see happen in the millennium for yourself and for the world in general?

© Copyright 1999 Poet deVine - All Rights Reserved
X Angel
since 1999-11-07
Posts 1521
Oregon
1 posted 1999-11-21 03:08 PM

I see fresh starts, for alot of things, me included. A new home, a new perspective on life. I plan on getting my business started this coming spring, so that will be new. I guess in my mind the new millenium is a time to cast off all the old ideas and millstones around our necks and learn to fly! Learn to reach for the stars!
I'm kind of afraid for the world, it just seems to be getting a sadder place to live, in my opinion that is. I think people should get back to nature, God, their roots, and slow down more. (Smell the roses! LOL)
Enough of my soapbox!
~Happy writing
~X~

------------------
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
~Eleanor Roosevelt~

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
2 posted 1999-11-21 08:24 PM

I am looking forward to the new year. I wish to see a better home life for my family, new horizons for myself. I wish to know and understand people better. And the world I wish it would only get better too, too much hurt, violence and rape of our natural resources for my liking. If wishes come true I would wish that for the world.

------------------
The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is to celebrate.
~Isis~
(Daughter of Mystery)

Robin Goodfellow
since 1999-06-29
Posts 26

3 posted 1999-11-26 11:52 PM

>>Before I even start I want to let everyone in on the fact that I at the time of writting I am ready to rant against pretty much anything and while I still feel the same way about the topic, I wouldn't normally be so rude about it<<

The one thing I would LOVE to see is for everyone to shut the !@#$ up. I mean for all people making intellegent comments, kudos. But I would give my right eyes to cut out all of the pointless yacking about irratating topics. For starters if I hear one more thing about the president friggin personal life I'm going on a killing spree. Who cares what happened! Ben Franklin had multiple mistresses and he is revered! I say if little Billy needs someone to play with little Willy to keep the country on track then for gods sake get the man a hooker. If he can keep everything running smoothly then for all we should care he can sleep with the entire cabinet!
Secondly I would be ecstatic if the automotive world would just climb out of my throat. Every ten seconds I see another car ad or comercial and not a single one is any better then the last! A car isn't something you buy on the spur of the freaking moment. Do they actually believe that there is some guy out there who sees the new BMW comercial and says "What the heck? I found that quarter this morning, I'll go grab one"? When was the last time you saw a individual house advertised on TV? I mean sure you see the realistate agencies now and again but not every new house they have. You still buy a house dont you? The car companies have a ton of money, someone tell Vanna that they'd like to buy a clue.
And most of all, If I could just go the next tweny minutes without hearing the words "Year 2000" I would die happy. A year, is a year, is a year. Just because a digit is symbolic doesnt mean the cold hand of life is going to deal a different deck of cards. The worst part of all is that next year it will give every single company an assinine desire to make as many products to associate with the millenium. Blech.
So what am I looking forward to in the next year? ummmmmm im gonna have to go with its end.

>>Just to mention once more, I dont mean to be so rude but I'm embracing my current mood.<<

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
4 posted 1999-11-27 10:54 AM

Robin, I didn't find your answer rude at all! Quite the opposite. It's refreshing. Thank you for your input!

fjones
since 1999-06-07
Posts 98
MS
5 posted 1999-11-28 09:17 PM

I hope I can keep plugging along –Maybe learn a little more but I have to admit I am stuck in a mode of contentment.
Tara Simms
since 1999-08-12
Posts 1244
Honea Path, SC USA
6 posted 1999-11-28 09:50 PM

Robin, I loved your answer and I agree about the car ads.

For myself, I see starting a new chapter of my life. I'm going through a divorce and it should be final early in the year. This past year of separation, I've been living in a type of limbo (but I'm great at it, can we say "limbo lower now"?). I'm looking forward to being officially single. I've also met someone new, whom I adore, so I can't wait to see where this leads.

My children will be joining Little League this summer so I'll have baseball and tball games to attend, team barbecues, etc. I can't wait.

All in all, the new year is sounding great to me!

PhaerieChild
since 1999-08-30
Posts 1787
Aloha, Oregon
7 posted 1999-11-29 01:46 AM

What would I like to see happen this year? Well, my youngest son is moving out in April. The nest will be empty as they say but my hubby and I plan on spending "a lot" of quality time together. After seven kids betwixt us I think we deserve it LOL. I would hope that things go smoothly with the date thing on everyone's computer. I hope for a better world. I'm told I am the eternal optimist. I do agree with Robin regarding Billy and Willy and the car commercials. They really are getting to be bothersome. I would like to see more happy news than depressing and I really can do without the "feminine hygiene" commercials. Those really bug me. Who cares if your panties have walls and wings. I just don't think we need to know about that stuff.

------------------
If you love me like music, I'll be your song.
~Heart~ Dreamboat Annie

Shawna R. Holder
Boise, Idaho

Jewl_24_1999
since 1999-10-24
Posts 64
USA
8 posted 1999-12-01 10:47 PM

Well, for me personally I would like to just be content, to find peace. To accept myself for who I am and not change just to make others happy. As for the world, I wish for more kindness towards each other. We live in a world that tends to be fast past, I hope that for the new year "we" take things a bit slower and enjoy the beauty around us, family, friends, nature. I believe we get one life, and I wish for everyone to love as intensely as they can, and to live life to the fullest.

[This message has been edited by Jewl_24_1999 (edited 12-01-1999).]

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

9 posted 1999-12-03 07:25 AM

Well, for myself - get through my second year of university happily - which means keeping a damn high grade point average so I can get scholarships -not an easy thing to do. Try and spend more time with my family who live far away from me - especially my Mum (mom ). Try and relax more: I am a little stress ball.
For the world. Where do I start - wish I could go and tone down all the capitalistic exploitation, quite honestly. make things a bit more equal. But since that won't happen I'll just keep on praying - and hope there is someone out there really listening. I just see the world going on the same track it's on now really, but I suppose everyone sees that and nearly everyone wants it to change.
K

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » What do you see?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary