navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » You people make me sick
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic You people make me sick Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Saxoness
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 1999-07-18
Posts 1102
Texas

0 posted 2000-12-03 08:55 PM

Thats right you heard me. You know who you are, those of you walking around, happily thinking of that significant other, spending time with them, writing poetry with them, having them thinking of you...it's not fair!

I've always been the one to give the "you'll find someone soon" pep talks, and now that all of my friends seem to have done just that, I've been kinda left in the dust. And to make it worse, I may have a crush on a guy who is almost completely inaccessible to me, physically, and maybe even emotionally.  So, I would like to say, you really don't make me sick, just a little bit green, and, a lot of blue.  

"Glory remains unaware of my neglected dwelling where alone
I sing my tearful song which has charms only for me."

© Copyright 2000 Angela Erin Burke - All Rights Reserved
Jannel
since 2000-01-18
Posts 492
Muncie, IN, USA
1 posted 2000-12-03 08:59 PM

love comes when you least expect, my dear. so live your life, and when you are ready, (not when you THINK you're ready or when you FEEL ready, when everything inside you settles so that you can appreciate this wonderful thing) *POOF!* love comes to you out of the blue. so just be true to yourself, and don't look too hard. much luck to you.

jann elizabeth

(sorry, i think that went in the pep talk category, forgive me.)

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 posted 2000-12-04 03:38 PM

Well all i can say without giving advice is......hang in there......wait..is that advice?

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

3 posted 2000-12-04 03:51 PM

Saxoness? Hugs to you---I have an "inaccessible friend" too...an impossible situation.  But I have decided to love him anyway. I don't know if he loves me back--but I just decided that my admiration of him does not rely on his admiration of me. And no, it's not always rewarding for me, but the heart does what it does--and I can't NOT love him, so there it is. And also, things are not always as they seem. A couple may appear happy, but trust me, even more lonely than being alone? The company of the wrong person is a "soul slayer".

Just an offer of a different perspective.

Hugs again. Take care.

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
4 posted 2000-12-05 04:49 PM

I know you're semi playing here, but I thought of something when I read this: You have to be able to be happy alone before you can be happy with someone else.

Whether that's true or not - no clue... but it sounds like good advice... *shrug*

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

5 posted 2000-12-05 10:25 PM

You have no idea how I can relate to this!!! All of my friends complain about how they have to beat off the guys with a stick... and then there's little ol' me!  

If you want to e-mail me so we can rant together, feel free!  

"Where there is great love there are always miracles" -Cather
"Love heals everything, and love is all there is"- Zukav

Saxoness
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 1999-07-18
Posts 1102
Texas
6 posted 2000-12-09 11:29 PM

So, I may of had a slight improvement of conditions, but I'm not sure yet...I'll keep you posted.  

Chris, it's not that I'm unhappy with myself, honest.  Don't you ever get lonely?

Love Bug, So, I typed up this huge email to you, lol, and then my pc crashed. So tell you what. How about YOU email ME first lol.  irishae@hotmail.com   i'll be looking for it.

"Glory remains unaware of my neglected dwelling where alone
I sing my tearful song which has charms only for me."

Dee
Member Elite
since 2000-08-19
Posts 2330
Queensland, Australia
7 posted 2000-12-10 05:34 AM

Saxoness, they may be right, wait, be happy in yourself, all of that stuff. What I think is - go out, have a ball and when the man of your dreams sees the confidence you have in yourself he will appear in front of you. It worked for me!  

Dee

I wish you every happiness and pray you'll always have the best of the good things in life. a brand

Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

8 posted 2000-12-10 05:29 PM

WRITE as though you already have him......and see what happens!!!!!!!!!
You are beautiful.....

"Always be a first rate version of your self instead of a second rate version
of someone else." Marilyn Monroe

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » You people make me sick

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary