navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » We ALL know you have it hiding somewhere....
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic We ALL know you have it hiding somewhere.... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lady Lost
since 2000-07-13
Posts 470

0 posted 2000-12-12 07:15 AM

Okay 'fess up.  Who has a box of chocolates, cookies, etc. hiding somewhere in the house?  From the kids, from your spouse....  I'll admit it.  I have a box of Pepperidge Farm Milano Cookies hiding above the fridge, that I indulge in after an occasional stressed out day at the office.  But why do I hide them?  It's only me and my four year old in the house and he can't even reach the sink more or less climb to the top of the fridge to find the cookies.  hmmm.  Guilt?  Well, someone pointed out to me that...

STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS.  

What are you hiding and where is it?  Please email directions to your address.  I won't tell anyone, promise!  (lol)

...beth

© Copyright 2000 BAB - All Rights Reserved
Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

1 posted 2000-12-12 07:20 AM

Beth

LOL...get this...

ok - confession time.

Right now, I have a packet of peanut brownies RIGHT beside me...hehehe..

BUT to compensate for the easy access...I have my last packet of Musk Sticks hidden in a drawer. Musk Sticks aren't available here - and my very kind friend Maree sent them to me from Aus.

There is one problem - the drawer is under the peanut brownies. Which are beside me of course...

but at least I can't see them ... lol

K

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

2 posted 2000-12-12 07:39 AM

It's not desserts for me...nope...

but somewhere, in the fridge, is a bit of cheddar cheese...please don't tell my kids!
They will never think to look behind the grapefruit juice...heh heh heh...

Poertree
since 1999-11-05
Posts 1359
UK
3 posted 2000-12-12 08:18 AM

you some kinda mouse Karen?
and what is it with you Kamla and peanuts? argggg .... a parrot or a monkey? ...lol

i hide chocolates and sweets all over the place Beth - i am very ingeneous with my hiding places ..... you see i do it to be kind to my wife !!  ... i do really ....honest.....

philip

Cerenity
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 2637
Escondido-California
4 posted 2000-12-12 09:50 AM

Hi Lady Lost,

"Oh" I confess, I have been hiding stuff for that special time only I am aloud to decide upon. But now that the little darlings are older they know me so well and when I say no years, those sweet little treats ment for don't have anything around they still go looking, actually I enjoy bring out that special little treat to share with them now, I think because they know its not something they get all of the time and so we enjoy it together.

Thanks for the wonderful post.

Love, Cerenity

"God doesn't have to be reminded that we exist.
We have to be reminded that He exist!"

(Writer Unknown)

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

5 posted 2000-12-12 10:05 AM

Philip?  I will take the title of mouse, if ya only toss me a bit of cheese! And I happen to know that mice also love, you guessed it--PEANUT BUTTER!!! *squeak!*
Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL
6 posted 2000-12-12 10:20 AM

Hmm...I usually don't hide my treats because I LOVE sharing them with people, but I confess that right now, there is a box of cotton candy flavored Jelly Belly brand candy canes tucked away somewhere. Once in a while, If I happen to crave Oreos or cheese, I have to hide them from my husband or at least threaten his well being to make him stay out of it.  
Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
7 posted 2000-12-12 10:21 AM

Well, I do have to hide things. I'm staying with a very good internet friend of mine here in Arizona, and she has 3 kids. The eldest usually doesn't poke around, but the 15 and 11 year old have no qualms. Many are the times when I had an open Dr. Pepper in the fridge from work, only to find it gone the next morning. I've had to resort to hiding things around in the bedroom, where the computer is, to safeguard my sweets, drinks, or general junk food. Otherwise, they will all be gone when the kids have their friends over.
Romy
since 2000-05-28
Posts 1170
Plantation, Florida
8 posted 2000-12-12 10:35 AM

Funny that you asked this question...I am currently hiding a bag of Christmas candy that I bought for my kids stockings.  It's the third one I have bought and they keep finding it!
I also have a box of special christmas cookies that are hidden in my night stand...my husband and I can't stay out of them...

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
9 posted 2000-12-12 05:15 PM

I hide nothing.........it's my mother who does the hiding! Believe me, she hides EVERYTHING! How she does it, i'll never know! The fridge always seems to be empty and then i look at her on the couch eating something *I* would have enjoyed. I ask her if there's anymore and then she replies with "this is the last one!".....

*grits his teeth*
It's MENTAL TORTURE!!!!!!!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » We ALL know you have it hiding somewhere....

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary