navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Love
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Love Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Maitay
since 1999-07-16
Posts 158
Sisters,OR,USA

0 posted 1999-11-12 11:34 AM

To so many of us teens,
all we dream about is love.
But to me a boyfreind can be over rated
adding worries to my mind.
Will he break my trust,
or maybe break my heart?
Will arguments leave my in dispair
crying myself to sleep.
When we break up,
will I break myself down.
Hating all the wonderful things about me
or will I realize I am great alone also.
I want someone to share everything with,
yet wont put life on hold waiting for it.
Once I was in love,
yet without a thought he crushed my heart,
so I ask - why do we wish for this.
How many of us are given a peaceful parting,
so many of us get a heartbreak.
I am wonderful just being me,
but with you, it could add to my greatness,
as well as to yours by having me.

This was just a thought, cause all of my friends seem to think that having a guy makes everything perfect. Some have never had a bf, so they know not about the ways that we worry, and all the times we are left to cry. It's a wonderful and personality building experience, but they have to see the bad as well as the good.

------------------
~The price of finding love is to eventually lose it. When I wish on a falling star, I wish not for material goods but to show kindness to others and be content with what the world may offer me~

~Maitay Mirabel Litton~

© Copyright 1999 Ember - All Rights Reserved
Star Fairy 2
since 1999-09-06
Posts 260
cerritos, california, usa
1 posted 1999-11-12 01:42 PM

very true

------------------
Don't Fall.. Rise in Love
-------823-------

Lilli
since 1999-11-06
Posts 21
Melbourne, Australia
2 posted 1999-11-13 01:59 AM

I can relate very strongly to that poem. I don't know, but some guys (not all of them!) seem to think nothing of giving up love. It hurts so much, and I ask myself the same questions: Why even bother?

------------------
There's a pretty girl on the face of the magazine
What I see is my dirty hands turning the page

Systematic Decay
since 1999-09-15
Posts 1301
That place with padded walls and funny people in white.........
3 posted 1999-11-13 11:45 AM

Maitay, I completely agree with this poem, I have a guy friend who is 17 and just started going out with a girl, his first GF...but the thing is, he judges himself largely on whether he is going out with any one, and it bugs me, because it got to the point where he was like, ok I like a girl, I love this girl, I'm rejected, I'll throw a pity party, now I like anjother girl......and It went on like this and peopel were saying, lets get him a GF, like they meant let's get him a puppy.....it was so annoying.

On the side note, I never actively tried to get a boyfriend, because I had the notion No one would like me anyway, and besides, I didn't know anyone worth liking...and I had a million reasons...but now I have a boyfriend I love very much....and I really trust that he would never hurt me....

------------------
Thinking is just what a great many people think they are doing when they are merely rearranging their predjudices.

Maitay
since 1999-07-16
Posts 158
Sisters,OR,USA
4 posted 1999-11-13 04:30 PM

Thanks for the reply, well I'm glad that you have found a bf. Me on the other hand?? Well there is this guy that I have hung out with constantly the last while, everyone thought we were going out. Well just the other day him and one of my really good freinds started being just like him and I were, and well now I feel totally left out. He's actually before that one of the greatest guys, the sweetest and most understadning. I guess he just likes her more. Well I couldn't help likeing him, so maybe he cant help liking her.

------------------
~The price of finding love is to eventually lose it. When I wish on a falling star, I wish not for material goods but to show kindness to others and be content with what the world may offer me~

~Maitay Mirabel Litton~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Love

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary